• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

NHL Season 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Speaking of the Red Wings holy shit what Zetterberg has had to deal with for more then a decade. Quite a good read, they never made alot of this public for obvious reasons. I dont know if I could respect Zetterberg more but I just might now :o

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/11/01/former-red-wings-star-adjusting-life-off-ice/1835435002/

On 02/11/2018 at 16:08, Viva la FCB said:

Speaking of the Red Wings holy shit what Zetterberg has had to deal with for more then a decade. Quite a good read, they never made alot of this public for obvious reasons. I dont know if I could respect Zetterberg more but I just might now :o

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/11/01/former-red-wings-star-adjusting-life-off-ice/1835435002/

I read that yesterday. I never realized that his back situation was that severe. Makes his performances over the last years even more impressive. Legend. Up there with the greats. 

• Subscriber
On 05/11/2018 at 06:13, Gunnersauraus said:

@Tommy do you ever watch the kontinental hockey league? It's about as near as you will get to the NHL in terms of quality I think

Its an interesting debate, I think its definitely between the Swedish elite league and the KHL. That being said both are a clear step down. Datsyuk is dominating the K at age 85, he barely had legs left for the NHL. 

In other news See you later Quenneville what have you done lately? Poor decision. Wont have a problem finding a job, the bigger issue lies with poor management with the trades/personel decisions lately and contracts more then anything. Bowman did such a great job for so long I guess it was only a matter of time until things balanced out. 

Jimmy Howard with 40 saves last night against Vancouver. Detroit's defense is a joke, and Jimmy is the only reason they win a game every now and then. Well, he and Larkin. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So, Columbus pull off one of the greatest upsets in NHL history. And the Penguins also get swept in the first round. 

Last Night's Results
Lightning 3 - 7 Blue Jackets (CBJ Wins 4-0)
Islanders 3 
- 1 Penguins (NYI Wins 4-0)
Jets 2 -1 Blues (TIED 2-2)
Sharks 0 - 5 Golden Knights (VGK Leads 3-1)

Tonight's Games
Bruins at Maple Leafs (TOR Leads 2-1)
Predators at Stars (NSH Leads 2-1)
Flames at Avalanche (COL Leads 2-1)

On 24/04/2019 at 12:39, Viva la FCB said:

Anyone watching these playoffs? they've been awesome so far. That Vegas Sharks game 7 was something last night, pumped for Ovi and the Caps tonight.

Always watch the NHL playoffs - which is the best playoffs in all of sports. 

This Columbus Team is exciting as hell to watch, and after beating the Lightning, are now ahead of the Bruins 2-1 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Question, do people can actually see that puck thing most of times during the play whether on TV or in the stadium ?

Yeah - you can see the puck on TV

• Subscriber

It's great to see a bunch of new teams and new blood in the second round, made for some excellent hockey. The first round usually doesn't disappoint but this has kept going. Also Fuck Brad Marchand.

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

It's great to see a bunch of new teams and new blood in the second round, made for some excellent hockey. The first round usually doesn't disappoint but this has kept going. Also Fuck Brad Marchand.

I'd love to see a final four of Jacket, Canes, Stars, and Avalanche.

2 Stanley Cups between those teams...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'd love to see a final four of Jacket, Canes, Stars, and Avalanche.

2 Stanley Cups between those teams...

As polarizing as Torts time was here in Van he was honest, and always gave thoughtful interviews came across really well Imo. I loved the story of revitalizing his career in Columbus and them shitting all over Tampa in the first round what a story that would be if they could pull it off. Either way you're right it's someone relatively uncrowded, even SJ they've been knocking on the door for years but haven't gotten there.

Archived