The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 11 Fixtures - 3rd-5th November 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Barca one up in Valldolid. Alba set free down the left, cuts it back to Suarez who slices a finish a little but makes it 1-0.

Vallecano*

How is Advincula btw for anyone watching? I've got Peruvian footy on :P

Been watching on my other screen. Good for Rayo. A bit disappointed Advincula's role resembles more of a CB in this, but that really shows how balanced he is. He can burst forward and also form a wall.

As for Barca, maybe I'm just unlucky in the games I choose to see but I haven't seen a single good performance from them so far this season.

Just now, ...Dan said:

Didn't you only watch the 2nd half?

I missed the first 20 minutes, my cousin sent me a link and decided to put it on my second screen.

Just now, Stan said:

Yeah Advincula did nothing first half xD 

He's being deployed as defensive full back here. You shouldn't expect him to burst forward when he's playing closer to a CB role than an offensive one.

How Barça managed to win that game against Rayo I will never know but I do know how these games are won by teams like Barcelona which is no mysetery.  The most expensive part of a team piece are the elements that put it in the back of the net with very little scope to do it in and that's what we had at Vallecas tonight.

Barcelona deserved NOTHING out of that game!  Rafinha looked like an amateur in the first half and Dembélé although equalising, was absolutely dismal.  I honestly wanted Rayo to get the victory because it wasn't one of those games where the minnow defends and gets a lucky break with weirdos saying they deserved it. No, in this case Rayo Vallecano played the much better football and deserved the three points.

A very lucky victory for Barcelona and one that could be very telling considering that this is Messi's third game out and not too long until he returns.

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He missed the part where Advincula went missing and Alba assisted Suárez for the first goal.  xD

I did miss the first goal, but in my opinion he had a good but very different game than usual. He played more of a CB and if he really did go missing in the first goal, then he made up for it afterwards.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Leganes holding Atleti to a draw. Wow. It's like La Liga and Premier League have swapped competitiveness for one season.

Had Barcelona lost like they should've today, it would've really put the cat amongst the pigeons.  Alavés could've gone top for starters tomorrow.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived