Chelsea vs Derby
Middlesbrough vs Crystal Palace, 20.00
West Ham vs Tottenham

Thursday 1st November, 2018
Man City vs Fulham

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested to see how Mount will fair against our midfield honestly. Good to have Lamps back as well as I'd imagine the reception he'll get will be quality. 

Morata

Odoi---------------------Willian

Kovacic---Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Cesc

Emerson---Cahill---Christensen--Zappa

Willy 

Mount and Tomori are allowed to play for Derby this evening. I remember when I was younger, it was Christmas time 2001 and I was at Carrow Road to watch Norwich City against Wimbledon. Wimbledon were in dire financial troubles and had allowed a pretty decent right winger / striker in David Nielsen go on loan to Norwich City. He had good end product but he didn't have the experience of Shipperley, Connolly, Ardley or Ainsworth so it seemingly made sense if they would lose anyone it would be him. The only problem was Charles Koppell and co. didn't seem it necessary to add a stipulation that he couldnt play against Wimbledon.

He scored within about fifthteen minutes and then dived to win Norwich City a penalty which resulted in Kelvin Davis throwing a ball at him and getting sent off. The boos that man got afterwards were immense. The sad thing is Wimbledon did really well with ten men. They pulled it back to 2-1 and Jobi McAnuff missed a great chance near the end to pull level. They probably would have won that game if it weren't for Neilsen and dropping points like this really killed their playoff push momentum.

I just couldn't understand for the life of me why they didn't put a clause in the loan agreement to make sure he couldn't play. I felt the same with Morientes against Madrid and Lua Lua against Newcastle. Regardless of the quality of the opposition, you're asking for trouble.

In this case, the club allowed them to play. Chelsea never allows loaned players to play against them in domestic competitions. Apart from Europe where Courtois played against his parent club, but these rules don't apply for European competitions.

• The title was changed to Carabao Cup 2018/19 - Fourth Round Match Chat
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived