• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 - Fourth Round Match Chat

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

IN what universe was that a foul just then? 

No need to be making a challenge like that at all in that area mate. It's what Moreno does frequently and it's so annoying. No danger, just stand your ground and jockey them along the touchline. No need to go diving in at all. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No need to be making a challenge like that at all in that area mate. It's what Moreno does frequently and it's so annoying. No danger, just stand your ground and jockey them along the touchline. No need to go diving in at all. 

I'd be inclined to agree with you if Emerson didn't clearly win the ball. 

Poor game defensively, Derby County were unlucky not to take this game to penalties, or even winning in regular time. They've created more clear chances, and Lampard showed that he will be a success as a manager as well. Our B back line can't cope against any decent side. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Our re-arranged tie with Southampton is tomorrow evening. 

Reckon it'll be a much-changed side to keep players fresh and not to pick up injuries to more key players for a tough run of games in December

Ward

Simpson - Morgan - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Ghezzal - Iborra - Choudhury - Gray

Iheanacho - Okazaki

May see Albrighton play if Ghezzal isn't fully fit. Vardy could play instead of Okazaki as he's also coming back from injury.

I'd love to see Silva play but can't see Puel giving him a go as I don't think he likes him. 

• Administrator

One of the worst games to watch in a long time. Don't think neither team really cared about this game to be honest. 

Eventually won on penalties though. Danny Ward with the only save in the shootout and Mendy with the winning penalty.

• Subscriber

That was absolutely hideous. One of the worst games I've ever seen. We were absolutely shocking, lucky to get to penalties and once you've gotten that far you often find the team who scraped it there goes on to win them.

Man City will cane us in the quarters sadly.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived