talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Politics

football forum

Had to live 52 years to experience that, believe it or not the "German Council of economic wise men and women" actually endorsed the higher federal budget and indeed recommended either a solidarity surcharge for everyone, or, and that'a unheard of from them, raising the maximum income tax. Honestly, this panel in favour of anything else than austerity and tax cut is absolutely surprising.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

CSU politician Ulrike Scharf wants to allow daily working times of 12 hours, and to reduce the statuory rest periods between working days. Now comes the fun part: she justifies that with a better compatibility of family and career.xD You couldn't make that shit up. Reading that I'm grateful this party isn't in power anymore.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

CSU politician Ulrike Scharf wants to allow daily working times of 12 hours, and to reduce the statuory rest periods between working days. Now comes the fun part: she justifies that with a better compatibility of family and career.xD You couldn't make that shit up. Reading that I'm grateful this party isn't in power anymore.

Well, if they also made child labour legal again, then the whole family could work at the same place and spend 12 hours together!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Fucking idiots. There are seriously deluded fuckwits about who honestly believe we live in a dictatorship. Unfortunately, I see those kinds of people on Facebook every day. Absolutely deranged and beyond saving. 

And of course most of this is fueled by the Nazis from the AfD party. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Fucking idiots. There are seriously deluded fuckwits about who honestly believe we live in a dictatorship. Unfortunately, I see those kinds of people on Facebook every day. Absolutely deranged and beyond saving. 

And of course most of this is fueled by the Nazis from the AfD party. 

Ironically they moan about living in an imagined dictatorship, whilst simultanously idealizing times of real dictatorship, in their case the Kaiserreich.:dam:

AS for the part fuelled by AFD, although I agree in generally with this statement, I impugn it in this special case, since so many BW soldiers are involved. Did my obligatory military service 91-92 and can tell even then, long before AFD was even founded, I became a friend of conscription because of seeing and hearing the opinions of career soldiers and comparing them to those of my comrades. Honestly conscription is, in my opinion, the best way to prevent Bundeswehr from becoming a bunch of reactionaries that are dangerous because armed.

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...

Never want to hear Union politicians moaning about others wasting tax payers money again after learning the Bavarian state chancellery paid about 180k Euros for Söder photos last year only.

Also it's questionable whether it's the Bundesland's tax payer task to pay for photos the Ministerpräsident is likely at least in parts using for CSU's electoral campaign.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Never want to hear Union politicians moaning about others wasting tax payers money again after learning the Bavarian state chancellery paid about 180k Euros for Söder photos last year only.

Also it's questionable whether it's the Bundesland's tax payer task to pay for photos the Ministerpräsident is likely at least in parts using for CSU's electoral campaign.

Well, he gotta get the best photographers for his Cosplays. 

media.media.64602e7f-cb74-415b-9ac5-c87e

It also always makes me laugh when Jens Spahn criticises the current government. He pretty much did everything wrong he could do wrong when he was the health minister, and now in the opposition he acts like he knows everything better. Twat. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Wasn't sure where else to put this but wondered how much attention this story is getting in Germany. Have only read this BBC article, but wondered how the news is being perceived in Germany, if at all - @Tommy @Rucksackfranzose @Coma ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-66477396

Baby taken away by the 'Jugendamt' in Germany, from her Indian parents in Sept 2021. Parents have limited restrictions in seeing her. Child authorities say there were severe injuries/abuse, but social workers say the parents were loving & caring, and doctors from India & US say there was no way abuse could have occurred, and injuries were worsened by all the examinations. Jugendamt have now stopped the parents seeing their child altogether. 

• Wow 2

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wasn't sure where else to put this but wondered how much attention this story is getting in Germany. Have only read this BBC article, but wondered how the news is being perceived in Germany, if at all - @Tommy @Rucksackfranzose @Coma ?

Baby taken away by the 'Jugendamt' in Germany, from her Indian parents in Sept 2021. Parents have limited restrictions in seeing her. Child authorities say there were severe injuries/abuse, but social workers say the parents were loving & caring, and doctors from India & US say there was no way abuse could have occurred, and injuries were worsened by all the examinations. Jugendamt have now stopped the parents seeing their child altogether. 

I hadn't heard about this until now, and only found one article in German on google after googling speficics. So yea, it's not in the media here at all apparently. :o 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Googled it and found nothing, just like @Tommy. As for the doctors their report is only valid at a German court, if it's in German. And Jugendamt having the final say over social worker's advise is common legal practice. Finally it's Vormundschaftsgericht (translates to guardianship court) that decides. Doubt it will react impressed on attempts of political influence. in my homnest opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I hadn't heard about this until now, and only found one article in German on google after googling speficics. So yea, it's not in the media here at all apparently. :o 

21 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Googled it and found nothing, just like @Tommy. As for the doctors their report is only valid at a German court, if it's in German. And Jugendamt having the final say over social worker's advise is common legal practice. Finally it's Vormundschaftsgericht (translates to guardianship court) that decides. Doubt it will react impressed on attempts of political influence. in my homnest opinion.

It sounds very convoluted and complex anyway. Most cases like this are complex anyway but sounds like there may have been some underhand tactics at play, or some agenda. But there may be stuff not mentioned in the media which is a) understandable and b) may mean the full picture isn't seen in the public eye.

It sounds very distressing for the family but I hope an amicable solution is found for them.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

:(

Unpleasantely that's a logical consequence of the German main stream habitual behaviour to react with the harshest possible policing methods whenever left-wing protest arises on the one hand, yet only to call for symbolic trash like human chains and talk about taking citizen's legitimate concerns seriously when ever the arising protest is racist, sexist, xenophobic, or otherwise anti-progressive to reactionary on the other.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Bavarian judicial authorities have issued an arrest warrant against AFD politician  Daniel Halemba. Mentioning it since next Monday is the constituent meeting of Bavaria's regional parlament, since Halemba is elected as MP he would have been immune against any prosecution, if the arrest warrant had not be issued beforehand. Unlucky! Time to praise the police and public prosecutor!

Aunt Edith: Forgot to mention he is wanted for rabble-rousing and use of symbols of anti-constitutianal organizations. Knowing AFD I 'd bet all my money it's the NSDAP.

• Upvote 1