talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha Suffers Racial Abuse and Death Threats to his Family Following Arsenal Penalty

Jesus, and I thought Cannabis was pathetic. 

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha has revealed he suffered racist abuse and threats to his family following Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Arsenal in the Premier League.

Zaha was awarded a late penalty after being caught in the area by Gunners midfielder Granit Xhaka, with Luka Milivojevic converting the resulting penalty to earn Palace a point and end Arsenal's winning run in all competitions at 11 matches.

Following the game at Selhurst Park, Xhaka said in a post-match television interview he thought the incident had been a "clear penalty".

Nevertheless, Zaha again found himself in the spotlight, with accusations he had gone to ground after a delayed reaction.

Zaha took to social media to defend himself following the match, and subsequently revealed in a post on his Instagram story on Tuesday that he and his family had suffered abuse.

"For all the people taking it one step further and being racist and wishing death on my family I wish you and your families the best too x p.s my life is still very good despite your hate," he wrote.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pathetic. 2018 ffs and this shit still goes on. 

Just unsurprising, the amount of people who will be friendly to someone who's black or Asian to their face and then casually call people P*kis or N*ggers when it's just their white mates is so widespread that people getting messages like this won't be stopping anytime soon.

• Subscriber

A lot of the people like that are just 'Key Board Warriors' 'Telephone Warriors' etc that hide behind such mentioned to get their hatred across yet if you met them in the street they would not say a word and if you said 'BOO' to them they would run a mile peeing themselves.

We don't need racial abuse nowadays but we will never get rid of it, I have always said to my children when they were growing up, black, Asian people have red blood the same as me so what is the problem with some people that think the color of your skin makes you more superior than others? 

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Just unsurprising, the amount of people who will be friendly to someone who's black or Asian to their face and then casually call people P*kis or N*ggers when it's just their white mates is so widespread that people getting messages like this won't be stopping anytime soon.

Paki is now old, Porkistan is now in fashion.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

You could also flip the coin, it's not just your average Joe white fella!

People who live in this country who have moved from Pakistan, Poland etc etc etc can all be just as bad, if not worse. 

Let's not make this out to be a 'white person problem'. 

I'll point you in the direction of Asian men now living in South Yorkshire that have been grooming 'little white slags' as evidence. 

On 31/10/2018 at 02:52, Danny said:

You say it like it’s a white only phenomenon. Two faced people are everywhere, and in fact I’d say that most people are just that way. Insincere and only good when convenient ; even with something as basic as ‘good morning’.

also paki and nigger

There is plenty of justification to call Zaha an overrated, cheating scumbag as that's based on choices he makes on a regular basis but to throw around racist insults is definitely unecessary and to wish death on his family is pretty psychotic. Unfortunately a lot of football fans are idiots. They think that just because they're upset about football that it gives them the right to behave in whatever manner they want. A mentality of "it's my escapism, I can do what I like".

10 hours ago, Spike said:

You say it like it’s a white only phenomenon. Two faced people are everywhere, and in fact I’d say that most people are just that way. Insincere and only good when convenient ; even with something as basic as ‘good morning’.

also paki and nigger

"N-word"

That one's redundant 

11 hours ago, Spike said:

This made me sincerely laugh

’indian’ would be worse imo

That depends on what you mean by the term 'Indian'. Just like the term Asian includes each and everyone in Asia i.e Arabs,Oriental,Uzbek or Australia in case of football :ph34r: etc similarly in the sub-continent which literary means a continent within a continent, the term Indian historically encompassed each and everyone and everything of the sub-continent i.e Indo-Aryan, Indic languages etc So when you mean Indian in that way than i don't mind being called an Indian. :coffee:     

On 31/10/2018 at 11:19, Azeem said:

Paki is now old, Porkistan is now in fashion.

Some people use the term casually thinking that it's just and abbreviation like Swiss or Scott. However it actually orientates from the term paki bashing when people use to go out and attack Asian people. Also it is used to describe lots of different Asian people not just Pakistanis so it is a racist term

On 31/10/2018 at 10:49, CaaC - John said:

A lot of the people like that are just 'Key Board Warriors' 'Telephone Warriors' etc that hide behind such mentioned to get their hatred across yet if you met them in the street they would not say a word and if you said 'BOO' to them they would run a mile peeing themselves.

We don't need racial abuse nowadays but we will never get rid of it, I have always said to my children when they were growing up, black, Asian people have red blood the same as me so what is the problem with some people that think the color of your skin makes you more superior than others? 

That's a good thing to teach them. Out of interest would it bother you if one of your kids dated a black or Asian person

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That's a good thing to teach them. Out of interest would it bother you if one of your kids dated a black or Asian person

No, would not bother me or the wife in the slightest although now our son & daughter have married Scottish people, over the years they have both went out on dates with black & Asian girls & guys and we have been introduced to them and it was not a problem.

My wife's niece married an Iranian guy some 20 odd years ago and are still together with children and they are all happy and we see them now and then and even go to the local club(s) for a meal and drink.  

The guy in the photo below owns a local mobile phone shop and I call him 'Indian Jock', he is a lovely guy and everybody around here knows him and he was born in Scotland with Indian parents and he speaks the broadest Scottish accent better than me lol. 

.15107475_10154764348177855_6883590147161

4 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

No, would not bother me or the wife in the slightest although now our son & daughter have married Scottish people, over the years they have both went out on dates with black & Asian girls & guys and we have been introduced to them and it was not a problem.

My wife's niece married an Iranian guy some 20 odd years ago and are still together with children and they are all happy and we see them now and then and even go to the local club(s) for a meal and drink.  

The guy in the photo below owns a local mobile phone shop and I call him 'Indian Jock', he is a lovely guy and everybody around here knows him and he was born in Scotland with Indian parents and he speaks the broadest Scottish accent better than me lol. 

.15107475_10154764348177855_6883590147161

You're a nice guy mate. 

• 8 months later...

Archived