Tranmere vs Exeter

Tuesday 30th October, 2018
Mansfield vs Grimsby, 19.45
Notts County vs Oldham, 19.45

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I think Abraham is destined to stay at this level, he has the touch of a trampoline. 

Also think our keeper is that shite he will do an “enckleman” in the Derby

Your keeper's aerial ability gave me a tiny strand of hope. What happened to Johnstone?

Alas, not to be, as our attack was laboured, indecisive and ultimately impotent. The likes of Chester are the difference at this level - our best defender goes on a journey 4 minutes in while your centre halves dealt with everything without breaking sweat.

Although at the other end, what the hell gives Kodjia the right to claim an extortionate wage every month? Finishing like that wouldn't look out of place at a disability walking football tournament. 

3 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Your keeper's aerial ability gave me a tiny strand of hope. What happened to Johnstone?

Alas, not to be, as our attack was laboured, indecisive and ultimately impotent. The likes of Chester are the difference at this level - our best defender goes on a journey 4 minutes in while your centre halves dealt with everything without breaking sweat.

Although at the other end, what the hell gives Kodjia the right to claim an extortionate wage every month? Finishing like that wouldn't look out of place at a disability walking football tournament. 

Johnstone is at West Brom, we couldn’t sign him because we were skint so he moved there and then we got rich owners so Bruce brought Nyland who I’ve seen described on twitter as “an overly confident hollyoaks actor at soccer aid”. 

Kodjia is selfish and has no footballing brain at all, we’re very wasteful upfront, if we could I’d recall McCormack now Bruce has gone.

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Johnstone is at West Brom, we couldn’t sign him because we were skint so he moved there and then we got rich owners so Bruce brought Nyland who I’ve seen described on twitter as “an overly confident hollyoaks actor at soccer aid”. 

Kodjia is selfish and has no footballing brain at all, we’re very wasteful upfront, if we could I’d recall McCormack now Bruce has gone.

With a more clinical striker, you'd have beaten us by a good five or six. We gifted you the ball over and again, and allowed you chance after chance. It actually says it all that that shambles was one of our better performances in recent weeks, ffs.

Great shout on Nyland by the way. 

Scrappy game, but a win is a win. You don't get more points for performance or goals! Pleased for Leutwiler getting the clean sheet (and having nothing to do!) coming in for the injured Raya - he has had to wait patiently for his chance but he looks very composed and able replacement. The referee had a shocker today (for both sides) - no huge mistakes but he didn't let the game flow and every foul he gave he more often than not booked the player. Our penalty was soft but we had another good shot for a penalty in the first half and we also had a stone wall penalty not given against WBA last week so I like to think they even themselves out!

No idea how QPR were on such a good run of form - they were terrible!!! No quality or ambition. We weren't at our best but we looked the more likely side to score through Graham, Dack or Armstrong. Teams are marking Dack out of the game at the moment and he has gone a bit quiet, but he took the penalty very well considering he is probably third choice behind Mulgrew and Graham. He needs to find another gear to his game, but while teams are focusing on him it means they tend to forget Armstrong who with his skill and pace can be just as much of a threat.

We've had a few 1-0 wins now - so pleasing when we work hard to keep the clean sheet we are finding ways to nick a game.

Finally won and Sergi Canos scores again, two big bonus'.

We've won one game in ten I believe and are just 5 points off the play offs, this division is crazy but also sums up how things can change.

Onto QPR next who thankfully lost to Blackburn so hopefully they'll have no winning streak luck against us.

Incredible, we are playing such good stuff as well. Wednesday defence shocking and on the flip side i can't see their manager lasting much longer. Although we had some grim times under Farke and stood by him and are now reaping the rewards.

Pukki is a proper goalscorer.

We also didn't have Rhodes or Cantwell yesterday who have been really important during our good run.

Just now, Marc said:

Incredible, we are playing such good stuff as well. Wednesday defence shocking and on the flip side i can't see their manager lasting much longer. Although we had some grim times under Farke and stood by him and are now reaping the rewards.

We also didn't have Rhodes or Cantwell yesterday who have been really important during our good run.

Pukki seems like a great find, are you confident you can keep him for another season if he keeps this form up?

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pukki seems like a great find, are you confident you can keep him for another season if he keeps this form up?

Well it all depends what division we are in. Tbf I can't see him being head hunted, he's 28/29 and has never done it at a high level. He played for Schalke a 4-5 years ago and didn't really do it.

I'd be more worried about others leaving,.If I was a Prem manager, I'd be looking at Lewis, Aarons, Cantwell - All under 20,  Buendia - 21, Leitner and Hernandez - 25ish. 

It's early days though. By xmas we could easily be back down in mid-table and finish the season there.

I don't think we will, on the evidence of what i've seen so far, i'm having us top 6.

16 hours ago, Danny said:

Finally won and Sergi Canos scores again, two big bonus'.

We've won one game in ten I believe and are just 5 points off the play offs, this division is crazy but also sums up how things can change.

Onto QPR next who thankfully lost to Blackburn so hopefully they'll have no winning streak luck against us.

They were very poor albeit without Cameron and Hemed who are important players for them. Solid and hard working but no idea where that recent winning run came from!

4 hours ago, Marc said:

Anything is possible for you guys with Pukki and Rhodes upfront!

Strange season this. I dont know whether we caught Norwich at the right time or they caught us at the wrong time but we obviously cruised that win at theirs.

Anyway, it was nice to get an away win today and get back to the top. Im sick to death of usdominating games and not killing teams off and again this looked like it could be one of those games.

Thankfully we managed to see the game out but I question whether we really have that clinicality/killer instinct in us to really go up. I dont think we take enough chances and we really need to improve on this, especially if we continue to give soft goals away.

On to a tricky tie at West Brom next week, they will be hurting after some of the results they have had of late. Could be a bad time to play them but hopefully we can put in a result.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived