talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 2-6th November, 2018

football forum

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Marc said:

Incredible, we are playing such good stuff as well. Wednesday defence shocking and on the flip side i can't see their manager lasting much longer. Although we had some grim times under Farke and stood by him and are now reaping the rewards.

Pukki is a proper goalscorer.

We also didn't have Rhodes or Cantwell yesterday who have been really important during our good run.

Looks to me like Maddison was actually holding you back xD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the table being so close, you must be a little concerned @StefBWFC that Bolton aren't winning games by the odd goal by playing poor football any more given that the football hasn't improved either. On the flip side @Fairy In Boots is this the win that kicks off the new regime? Plenty of time to go for those automatic promotion places.

Blackburn have adapted to this league far better than I ever expected @roversgirl @JOSHBRFC @The Rebel CRS @tlr. It's games like this where your playing a high on confidence side that are playing the best football they will all season where a teams character is tested. So to win a difficult game late on mist be very pleasing.

I couldnt believe on the highlight show when they said its been nine games since Brentford lasr won @Danny. Its difficult to tell if this will be a turning point for Thomas Frank as this isnt the difficult Millwall side to face that it was in the second half of last season.

I thought Derby were going to lose to Birmingham just because after the commotion of a midweek fixture against Chelsea a Garry Monk team is literally the shitest side to face. Credit to Derby though. It shows how much belief they have at the moment. 

Whilst Hull deserve all the plaudits and credit for an unexpected victory against West Brom I cannot believe the West Brom fans booed. The good start they made has spoiled them. Have your feelings towards Frazier Campbell improved @The Artful Dodger?

Paul Lambert must realise the massive struggle he has at Ipswich now. A fixture against Preston at home is literally the perfect opportunity to stamp your mark and increase confidence yet they couldn't win against ten men. I really fear for them.

Lewis Grabban seems to have rediscovered his scoring form noe that hes settled at Nottm Forest so im not surprised to see Sheff Utd lose @DNA. That said, gven the difficulty of playing away to an organised Forest I'm sure this fixture will not affect United's morale going forwards.

Whilst Reading's form has been poor. They have been competitive and playing well. With that in mind i was expecting them to hit somebody with three goals soon. Its just a shame for @BounceAroundTheGround it happened against his Bristol City team.

Rotherham beating Swansea with two late penalties after Swansea pretty much dominated proceedings after playing good football pretty much summed up Rotherham's luck at times this season. All teams below them must be infuriated they can't pick up wins in similar circumstance 

Sheff Weds seem to be in a rut at the moment so i expected Norwich to win this. What I didn't expect was them to win by four. They look like a team that are going places which is quite surprising given the financial restrictions and the fact there was question marks over Daniel Farke last season. Without Jordan Rhodes and Ben Marshall too (who looked like astute signings in the summer) which shows the depth they have to keep going @Marc

Stoke and Middlesbrough on television was always going to be a drab affair given the way they both play. Fingers crossed there's three more exciting teams that get promoted ahead of them.

It must have been weird for @tommy_wafc seeing the end of the Whelan era at Wigan. As a neutral, I'm not too fond of the bloke. However there's no denying he has created that football club appreciated by thousands. It's a shame they couldn't end it all with a positive result against one of England's footballing giants in Leeds. As for Leeds, the fact they're still top after the first quarter with all the injuries they've had @Lucas really shows how much they belief they all have in what Bielsa is doing. Maybe it's finally time for you to start getting excited.

Went to Charlton v Doncaster on Saturday, which transpired as a pretty routine home win in the end. It was a weird game, both Charlton and Doncaster had good home and away form respectively but both found themselves in the bottom six of the form table before the game on Saturday. 

Doncaster should have gone one up before Charlton took the lead and from then on it was total control for Charlton. 

They have a decent conveyor belt of talent at Charlton that’s seen the likes of Jonjo Shelvey, Joe Gomez and Ezri Konsa move onto bigger clubs at higher levels and I reckon Joe Aribo and Karlan Ahearne-Grant are the two most likely to move on next. They were both equally the stand outs in the Charlton side on Saturday. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived