talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Long Night - (Game of Thrones Prequel Series)

football forum

Naomi Watts to take the lead role 

Taking place thousands of years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” Goldman’s project chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend–it’s not the story we think we know.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm quite pleased that they've gone for this one. It would have been easy to go for Roberts Rebellion which is probably a guaranteed hit with fans so fair play to them for taking a bit of a gamble on this one. I definitely think it'll be more interesting than Roberts Rebellion or the other fan favourite picks that I can't think of off the top of my head as I've not thought about Game of Thrones for so long.

I'd love to see a series set in the game of thrones universe future. Where they think the stories are not real but then they start to find out that they're not

There are other great books that could be looked at.  I'll watch but i think this one could've been left a while like the Fantastic Beasts series from Harry potter...

Let the baseline be reset back closer to season 1 intrigue and subtlety than the latter seasons "direct into the eyeballs" approach...

Archived