Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not arsed about the bookies. Arsenal's form both in results and performances should mean a home win, draw at worst. A loss is unacceptable.

Their form as in losing to the only two good sides they've faced this season? Two sides Liverpool drew against. Whatever way you look at it, Arsenal aren't 'massive favourites'.

If we are talking about form, then why aren't we bringing up the fact Liverpool are undefeated? Drew against us and City, not to mention beat Spurs convincingly away. Only us and PSG scored two past them, and they weren't even in the league. 

Also, it isn't like the Emirates is some fortress. This is a bigger test for Arsenal than it is Liverpool, hence the latter being favorites. 

• Administrator

Reckon it's a BTTS, Arsenal win.

Arsenal are in shit-hot form. Liverpool seem to have more 'gears' in their performances and still not seen the best of them like we did for much of last season.

Should be a good match. 

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If we are talking about form, then why aren't we bringing up the fact Liverpool are undefeated? Drew against us and City, not to mention beat Spurs convincingly away. Only us and PSG scored two past them, and they weren't even in the league. 

Also, it isn't like the Emirates is some fortress. This is a bigger test for Arsenal than it is Liverpool, hence the latter being favorites. 

I agree, this is a bigger test for Arsenal than it is for Liverpool although at the same time the game is of the utmost importance for both clubs.

Arsenal need to show that they can compete against the recognised top sides domestically and even though Aarsenal have shown great form recently, the only two sides that are recognised as competitions for honours, Arsenal lost.  In fairness though and playing Devil's Advocate, that came right at the start of the season and with much turmoil at the club and with a brand new coach after almost a quarter of a century.  Some of the players we have weren't even born when Wenger took over!

For Liverpool it's about proving they're proper title contenders and so far they've managed to live with top sides without a defeat.  Add to that form... Liverpool's form has been almost questionable in comparison by their recent high standards and yet undefeated!  So this is all about proof for them even though a defeat means nothing in the real scheme of things but will be used by the press to give an opinion.

All of the variable factors I've just written and I'm sure, many many more is what makes this such an interesting game not just for the national fan but abroad too.

Paul merson the clown said Arsenal have been lucky and will loose heavily. Admittedly against Leicester they were but I think you make your own luck. Playing bad and winning again and again isn't luck. And we have played very well in some games

• Subscriber

I can't see anything but a win for us. The reason is that our front three have started to find that kick-start that they needed to get going and I don't think its going to stop on account of an in-form Arsenal. Had this been earlier in the season it could have swung Arsenal's way but couple the way out top half is operating and the fact that we have a defensive unit that is showing that it can defend leads I don't think we'll lose here. I think this will be more entertaining than our other top half games because of the two sides that are playing each other and I hope its a high-scoring game.

In our last 2 matches we've made a little shift from our 4-3-3 formation of last year to a 4-2-3-1, biggest difference is Gini & Fabinho have been a double pivot for us in midfield and Salah's been further forward with Bobby dropping deeper (we saw that plenty last season though). Think we'll see more of that against Arsenal? In my eyes, the 4-2-3-1 suits Shaqiri and Fabinho better, while the 4-3-3 suits Milner better. With Shaqiri in good form and Fabinho looking like he's establishing himself in the side nicely in the last 2 matches... I'm inclined for us to carry on with that same tactical switch.

There's no doubt that Arsenal are one of the better sides we'll be facing in the league this season, their attack especially. So I think the midfield battle is important to win, because if we can win that and feed our front 3 we'll cause more problems for them than they'll cause for us. I think that midfielder... who's name I'm not even going to try to type out because I have no idea how it's spelled... they picked up over the summer that's looking good is suspended. I think that could be a big bonus for us.

16 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not arsed about the bookies. Arsenal's form both in results and performances should mean a home win, draw at worst. A loss is unacceptable.

Take it you'll be putting a load of cash on them then with them odds?

I actually agree that Arsenal should be seen as slight favourites taking into account form etc etc, but I wouldn't say massive favourites at all, simply because we have an exceptional defence and a world class attack. 

The midfield battle today is crucial. Whoever wins that wins the game as far as I'm concerned. 

25 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd be very surprised at that score line. We've only conceded 4 all season. 

I reckon it will be won by a single goal either way, probably a draw in fact. 

Great bet for BTTS. 

You haven't faced a player like Iwobi B|

Unless something odd happens which many times tends to occur in football, I expect it to be very tight although extremely exciting... It'll all come down to who takes their chances instead of finishing with the label "unlucky" attached to them by the observing fans and media.

If we start well I think it'll be quite comfortable for us. We've seen other lesser sides have good starts against these this season but not take their chances or get decisions in their favour. We will get chances against these and I think players like Salah and Mane might be hitting form at just the right time

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Take it you'll be putting a load of cash on them then with them odds?

I actually agree that Arsenal should be seen as slight favourites taking into account form etc etc, but I wouldn't say massive favourites at all, simply because we have an exceptional defence and a world class attack. 

The midfield battle today is crucial. Whoever wins that wins the game as far as I'm concerned. 

Not much of a single match man but Arsenal are in my accumulator.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd November, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived