• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd November, 2018

football forum

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Firmino loops a shot over Leno which hits the woodwork, Mane taps in but was offside.

About the only exciting thing that's happened so far apart from a deflected Aubameyang shot.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Firmino loops a shot over Leno which hits the woodwork, Mane taps in but was offside.

About the only exciting thing that's happened so far apart from a deflected Aubameyang shot.

Mkhitaryan's header was closer than the Aubameyang chance.

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Never offside. Those are the easiest types of calls.

You saw that in real time? It's clear on the replay, and that's why we need VAR, because I don't blame the linesman for getting that wrong.

Just now, ...Dan said:

You saw that in real time? It's cleat on the replay, and that's why we need VAR, because I don't blame the linesman for getting that wrong.

No matter what, if the man is behind the ball when it's played it can't possibly be offside. 

It's the simplest kind of scenario for a linesman to call.

Just now, ...Dan said:

You saw that in real time? It's cleat on the replay, and that's why we need VAR, because I don't blame the linesman for getting that wrong.

I do blame the linesman for getting it wrong, and if officials are wrong so often why the fuck don’t we have VAR?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Mkhitaryan's header was closer than the Aubameyang chance.

Yeah forgot about that.

As for the offside call, in real-time from the TV angle, there's no way it could be 100% clear that he's offside so I'm with you on that one. It's only on replays we see Mane is slightly behind the ball when Firmino hits it.

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

No matter what, if the man is behind the ball when it's played it can't possibly be offside. 

It's the simplest kind of scenario for a linesman to call.

Yeah, I'm aware of that...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I do blame the linesman for getting it wrong, and if officials are wrong so often why the fuck don’t we have VAR?

That's what I'm saying. The linesman is only human, it happened quickly and he missed it, we need VAR.

Arsenal have been the better side. Liverpool had a goal wrongly disaload but they have had decisions go there way spurs and man city so stop moaning

37 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Never offside. Those are the easiest types of calls.

Not really. When aa player goes into an offside position even if he is not interfering with play he has a high risk of being offside.

• Administrator

Don't agree with Peter Walton on his calls for no penalties to be given after a goal-keeper tackles late and not getting to the ball first.

If it's the other way round, it's a free-kick. If a goal-keeper comes late to the challenge, and cleans out a player in the air, surely it's a foul? Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a free-kick for a late challenge.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd November, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived