talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 3rd November, 2018

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Weird chatter coming from the Arsenal are massive favourites and Klopp is just a cheerleader that can’t set up a defense crew

I wouldnt mind seeing Liverpool do well, good for the city. I just think youre not going to recover to what you had which might get you closer to man city tbh. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I wouldnt mind seeing Liverpool do well, good for the city. I just think youre not going to recover to what you had which might get you closer to man city tbh. 

We’re closer this season than we were at this point last season, I’m pretty sure that’s true. I’d seen a stat before this match, at this point last season the front 3 had scored 1 less goal than they currently had. Don’t know if that’s still true after this match.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Fair result in the end. Liverpool's midfield was quite poor in my opinion. Xhaka & Torreira both had very good games.

Our midfield was shite but yours was really good. Probably the best I’ve seen Xhaka play when he’s not playing for Switzerland & I think Torreira was your best player on the pitch.

Looks like a completely different Arsenal from last season. You played with intensity and pace.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

TAA was the worst player. Cannot aim for titles and continue giving chances to players like him.   

The worst player was probably the man responsible for 2 goals, but is a fortunate the linesman error bailed him out for the first one...

I would've taken this result before the game, but disappointed not to win in the end. Emery has done a lot of great work with what he's been given. Xhaka, Torreira, Bellerin, Mustafi and Holding all superb.

Not the best day at the office for our attack though, Laca with a super finish but I felt he was very poor today and Auba can't score for toffee against a decent team. Mkhitaryan awful and Özil dropping another disappointing performance much like his season so far. Overall though Liverpool probably did deserve the point with the chances they had, Van Dijk and Gomez is a monstrous partnership.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Fair result in the end. Emery has been class since coming in and I kinda feel bad that he has to work with average players that Wenger brought in. You can see that we have a purpose now, as a team we look as if we know what we're doing and even when we concede it's down to individual errors, not Emery's tactics. I'll be happy when we can ship some players out and let Emery bring in his own lads. Even defensively we can see what the manager wants to do but the players just aren't good enough.

On the players we have: Iwobi has looked like a world class player this season, and should probably be starting ahead of Mhki. Sokratis has been very good since coming in, and the sooner he is back, the better. Xhaka-Torreira partnership is why we have been so good. It's what we have been lacking for about a decade. We need a winger (Zaha) and a centre half badly, maybe we'll have to wait for the summer for that. I'm looking forward to seeing Bellerin-Sokratis-Koscielny-Monreal for the remainder of the season.

All in all, 14 games unbeaten and in 4th place is overachieving for this squad imo

I don’t think your squad is that average, but I think it was very unbalanced and last season it seemed like a lot of players were playing without purpose. Now as you say, there looks to be a lot more understanding of individual roles from players and the new signings have balanced out your midfield and defense pretty massively. I think at a minimum you’ll be hot contenders for top 4.

• Subscriber

So are Liverpool still exciting enough that winning trophies doesn't matter because the football is exciting?

Yes I am being a massive cunt and looking for a reaction but I'm also partially interested in whether people have actual thoughts on this.

At the moment Liverpool are better than us. But this season was always about getting back in the top 4. I have seen enough to suggest we can

After the game went to watch the Barcelona v Rayo which is why I didn't comment.

Not much to say other than being happy with the draw although we could've won it with a bit more luck.  But it was of utmost importance not to lose against one of the real contenders for the title and that's what we managed.  Onwards and upwards in terms of recovering.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

At the moment Liverpool are better than us. But this season was always about getting back in the top 4. I have seen enough to suggest we can

We have seen quite a bit that could suggest we can accomplish getting back into the top 4. But I still don't expect it to happen which means if we do manage it then it will be an amazing feat considering what we've come from and the very little change in what we have in out playing staff.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

So are Liverpool still exciting enough that winning trophies doesn't matter because the football is exciting?

Yes I am being a massive cunt and looking for a reaction but I'm also partially interested in whether people have actual thoughts on this.

I've said this for some time. You're not allowed to even say that Liverpool should be winning trophies. If they fail at anything you have to forget it quickly and if they do anything well then it's a fairytale.

I'm not saying this as someone who dislikes Liverpool, it's just an obvious assessment of the media's protection of them.

25 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I've said this for some time. You're not allowed to even say that Liverpool should be winning trophies. If they fail at anything you have to forget it quickly and if they do anything well then it's a fairytale.

I'm not saying this as someone who dislikes Liverpool, it's just an obvious assessment of the media's protection of them.

I mean we’re undefeated and around the top of the table, so we can’t really complain too much right now.

Holding had a very good game and what a player Ibowi is turning out to be under Emery this season. Xhaka and Lacazette too have improved a lot and are looking like different players from last season. 

Both teams played great football and the result could have been anything but a draw seems to be a fair result given how everyone played but Liverpool a little unlucky to have their legit ruled out. 

• The topic was unpinned

I really hope this positive run we've had and the obvious betterment we've observed in such a short space of time gives the board confidence in Unai Emery... I'm talking in terms of really listening to him when it comes to the moment of making decisions next summer in the confectioning of the team.  His style is a very particular one and not all players fit the model of football he wants the team to play.  I know for a fact from watching Emery's teams all the way back to when he was the Almería coach that what he's done with this team is down to him and that there are players in our squad that he's obviously having to use that don't fit what he requires so as to get the best from his style.

40 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

People confuse media bias with just being a bigger club. Liverpool will always get more headlines and articles than Arsenal because more people are interested in them, for good and bad. The mainstream media are based in London and have zero like of Liverpool at all generally. 

What media bias are you citing exactly?

Everyone that knows their football properly and doesn't just think it all started with the product that is the Premeir League (in its various guises) knows Liverpool are on a whole different stratosphere to Arsenal.  Although that doesn't stop Arsenal Football Club from being one of England's big clubs, much bigger than your so called big clubs because sometimes it's as if every club is a big club here in England.

Archived