Huddersfield 1-4 Fulham
Fulham 5-0 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 1-1 Fulham
Fulham 1-1 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 0-2 Fulham

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Huddersfield 1-0 Fulham - Monday 5th November, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Was really pleased when Fulham came up. Needless to say they've been a big disappointment. Only caught the second half but there was only one winner tonight in that atmosphere, Huddersfield seemed really fired up.

I feel for Jokanovic and I'm not saying he should be sacked but looking at Fulham objectively, they've comfortably got the quality to stay up and it would be easy for them to get a new manager and use the new manager bounce to generate some momentum which for me is the main thing that they're missing.

Can't see him in a job for long, they're on a bad run but still only 6 points off of 13th place West Ham.

Theres a lot of quality in that team but maybe their run from Xmas on last season was more lucky than a great side and may have over egged their abilities.

After the first game of the season I made the shout that Fulham will be a second half season team and I still reckon that's the case. This is entirely a new team full of individual quality and it's going to take time for it all to click. I think based on what hes done for the club and his history of second half turnarounds Jokanovic deserves the opportunity to get this right. 

Following on from our Pokal discussion I watched last night's game and saw one team and a second set of 11 players . the Difference purely in the way the Terriers played together and Fulham played like the present 04 side - good players but no team work and with Schurrle their best chance (which after last season's German performances says a lot) Fulham will struggle unless they can get together and believe in each other.  Last night the Huddersfield guys showed how it works when you trust your mates and - more importantly - your boss!

Fulham are underachieving massively at the moment. 

The biggest issue is the defence. I don't think it helps that Jokanovic has swapped the keeper three different times and hasn't played the same back four once in consecutive games. How are they supposed to build confidence in one another as a unit when the personnel is being swapped around after every game?

Because of these defensive issues, it's also been at the detriment of Ryan Sessagnon. I think myself, along with many others, were keen to see how he would step up to the Premier League and he's been very much restricted in what he can do simply because defensively, they are a shambles. He want's to go forward, as does Fosu Mensah but if they do, they get exposed.

Perhaps it's time for Jokanovic to change the system and move to a back three. At least it offers more protection and gives the full backs a chance. Credit to Jokaovic wanting to play the attacking brand but I don't think at this moment in time, it's working for them.

They have the tools to stay up, but for me, it's all about how they use them. 

Not looking good at the moment, five points out of eleven games. Also they are playing at Anfield next, however they have five points and 14th place Crystal Palace has eight. So points wise still not desperate. However Jokanović has to abandon the sexy football tries and give it a go as a solid unit. Not a single team in the league comes up and tries to play offensive and good football, they mostly go for the points to secure safety and build from there for next season.

Archived