• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS

football forum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

@Berserker... Will you be going to this mate?

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and one that even I want to go to and am already checking it out.  Imagine telling your grandchildren you attended this.

Yeah, probs will go to the last one if i can get a ticket (it's really difficult because they sell like hotcake) can't go to the first one and no away fans will be allowed.

• The topic was pinned

As always, I'm Boca Juniors in this final. However, I can't see past a River Plate win. Barros Schelotto struggles as much as anything against Gallardo's River, a well organized side that knows how to beat teams that grind out results. 

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

As always, I'm Boca Juniors in this final. However, I can't see past a River Plate win. Barros Schelotto struggles as much as anything against Gallardo's River, a well organized side that knows how to beat teams that grind out results. 

Why are you Boca?

My personal sentiment towards River is what for me was one of the greatest teams in history with the River of Ángel Labruna.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Why are you Boca?

My personal sentiment towards River is what for me was one of the greatest teams in history with the River of Ángel Labruna.

When I was about 5 years old, my father was a huge Argentine football fan. It was around the time Boca was arguably the best team in the World and he was a fan of them. Boca was actually my first team in football, I claimed I supported them before I proper got into the sport.

On 01/11/2018 at 13:15, Stan said:

In case anyone missed it in the other thread... 

Fucking unreal. 

Wow Stankey, look how many rts and likes that got, yesterday it had around 130 and look now! Must be because i rted and gave it a like haha, should have posted it myself.. -_-

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Wow Stankey, look how many rts and likes that got, yesterday it had around 130 and look now! Must be because i rted and gave it a like haha, should have posted it myself.. -_-

It's cos I shared it. 

• Subscriber

Never seen so many people in Europe talking about South American football. Makes you wonder if anything will actually come from this.

I think English TV are missing out if they don't try and get the rights for this.

34 minutes ago, Dan said:

Never seen so many people in Europe talking about South American football. Makes you wonder if anything will actually come from this.

I think English TV are missing out if they don't try and get the rights for this.

Anything like what, mate?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Anything like what, mate?

Be a bit more popular I mean. Will it make it a bit more prestigious? I like South American football, not an avid follower and not very clued up on it but I like how pure it is - I just don't think it's really that popular over here but maybe a game like this will bring attention to it a bit more.

CONMEBOL facing problems at the moment. They don't want to confirm if River or Gremio will be playing in the final. Apparently Gallardo's disobeying his touchline ban is the big argument in Gremio's appeal. In Brazil, they are beginning to promote the final as Boca vs Gremio.

South American football has been a mess this year. It's not always the most organized but this year its been extra bad. It would be awful to hype up half the world for the Boca vs River final and then kill it completely by replacing River with Gremio. It might be justice to them, but they will lose a lot of money.

15 minutes from CONMEBOL's decision regarding River Plate. If Gremio are reinstated, not only would it be a joke, but also it would be stupid from a business standpoint. CONMEBOL would lose a shitload of money. Just give Gallardo a fine FFS.

Boca Juniors vs River continues to be a go. CONMEBOL are not that stupid. Gallardo however, cannot attend the final and River Plate will be fined. I think that's the right decision.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

15 minutes from CONMEBOL's decision regarding River Plate. If Gremio are reinstated, not only would it be a joke, but also it would be stupid from a business standpoint. CONMEBOL would lose a shitload of money. Just give Gallardo a fine FFS.

The way the Libertadores Final has been hyped up this year outside the usual European suspects that always view it anyway (Spain, Portugal and Italy), it would've been commercial suicide to have changed it from River v Boca to Boca v Grêmio.

In saying this, there is obviously something wrong with Gallardo if he doesn't know how to respect and execute orders from the football authorities. I mean, how ridiculous would if have been if River missed out on this opportunity just because their head coach made his own decision by being judge and jury.

• The title was changed to Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived