talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS

football forum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna wait till tomorrow to post the fixtures, but oh well.. As of now the games will be played on Saturday 10 and 24th of November, both at 17.00pm Argentina time (UTC-3) which is 20:00pm in the UK and 21:00PM in most of Western Europe if i remember correctly.

21 hours ago, SirBalon said:

So they’re not showing the game of the century on British tv?

Just checked the TV schedule and they are showing it in the Fox Deportes here in the US... penal, partido, tiempo, falta, goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

US > UK  :usa:

It's 2018 and you can't even find any official footage from the tournament on YouTube. Even the SPFL manages to sort out that. You'd think the second most prestigious continental tournament could organise that, never mind ever putting on the final on there as a Pay-Per-View event. 

3 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

It's 2018 and you can't even find any official footage from the tournament on YouTube. Even the SPFL manages to sort out that. You'd think the second most prestigious continental tournament could organise that, never mind ever putting on the final on there as a Pay-Per-View event. 

They should just air it live on youtube and charge it like $5 or something for every viewer in countries where they havent dished out TV rights... surely they would make 10s of millions

On 06/11/2018 at 16:19, ScoRoss said:

They're useless, though i have heard they will start streaming some matches through facebook since next edition.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Depends on the flow of the game.

@SirBalon You've won it seems

It just seemed absolutely ridiculous that it wouldn't be shown here in the UK.  When you think of the magnitude of this encounter and the fact it's in the final of the second biggest confederation club football tournament, then only this outcome is normal without going overboard because it's only common sense.

Anyone that knows their football or wants to be a serious football follower has to learn about how big both of these clubs are and what this clash means.

I'm watching it on Canal+ Spain but I'm extremely happy that football fans will have the possibility to watch this beauty live and uninterrupted on an accessible UK channel.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It just seemed absolutely ridiculous that it wouldn't be shown here in the UK.  When you think of the magnitude of this encounter and the fact it's in the final of the second biggest confederation club football tournament, then only this outcome is normal without going overboard because it's only common sense.

Anyone that knows their football or wants to be a serious football follower has to learn about how big both of these clubs are and what this clash means.

I'm watching it on Canal+ Spain but I'm extremely happy that football fans will have the possibility to watch this beauty live and uninterrupted on an accessible UK channitel.

Its on free sport as well. 

In Spain it's all Copa Libertadores talk and the Superclásico between Boca and River.  It's being touted as the game of the century, the game of games.

Barcelona based sports daily MundoDeportivo has been running a poll since this morning on who people think will win between the two.  It couldn't be more balanced on opinion.

image.jpeg

Wait, don't take the above for granted. I saw a few sources saying it has been suspended, but it's still very unclear. Boca's players got off the bus and returned to the hotel, meaning it definitely won't be played at 3. However, there is no official announcement from CONMEBOL just yet. 

The organisation of the Copa Livertadores is primitive for god sake. Rain has postponed the game but the whole organisation is ridiculous. Lucky there aren't any travelling fans this time around because there'd be serious problems.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

RIVER 7-0 BOCA

@Berserker after the 5th River goal one of the co-commentators says something about LA CONCHA in reference to Boca... Can you tell is exactly what is said as the sound is very broken! xD

Mollo (the commenter) said it was a phrase in some Italian dialect as people were also wondering. I think what he said was "se me scumete la coccia".

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Where's @Berserker when you need him!  He must be mentalising himself for all of this.

It's not known yet if the game will be played on time, later today or some other day. It depends on the rain stopping, as it has been raining heavily since yesterday night.

Now they're saying it won't be played at the original time, but maybe 2 hours later at 19:00pm Arg or if not, some other day.

• The title was changed to Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived