talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS

football forum

It was a great match, very fast paced.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Boca Juniors to tie Independiente for most titles. (Although independiente is 7-0 in finals and Boca 6-4 ) the riBer parking bus it's on its way straight from la segunda división ! 

Says Mou's love-child and Voka's fan, teams that won all of their titles parking the bus and throwing longballs.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

League 2 quality at best. Very poor.

That's as stupid as saying the Premier League is Aussie League quality at best. Considering for example that a much worse River team than this one beat Everton in a pre-season cup 2009-2010, or that quite a few of our teams beat and/or gave a hard battle to Brits UCL champions in the Intercontinental Cup/Fifa Club WC several times before the 90's, just like Corinthians for example did to Chelsea not so long ago or how hard it was for Barcelona to beat Estudiantes a couple of years back. If you mean the teams didn't play a entertainment, tiki-taka game then that's also the case for most of the Prem teams that are famous around the world for their hoof-ball, and that would also make them "League 2 quality at best" using your logic.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that was entertaining, i Its clear River plate play the better football but Boca have more quality, This is the first South American game i have watched in years so im just guessing.

Its just a shame that BT Sports will probably only show a one off game because i would watch a lot more of the Copa Libertadores if it was available on TV.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Dont bother with Marc @Berserker. He has never watched a South American match in his life.

I'm confident River Plate would make a top half championship or a bottom half PL side, easily. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They'd give West Ham a game 

Gallardo tends to not give much attention to the league but say in UCL game i'd say we'd beat the whole league except the top four, Arsenal and UTD (and i'm not saying these would be impossible neither). And that's now, if it were the 90's or the start of the 2000s we'd be battling for the title. 

Went to watch this one in a pub with a load of friends, some were Argentinians and it was a bloody great atmosphere, especially due to the Argentinians who had every Spanish (and some) vocab mastered for the occasion where mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers +++++ were all remembered (won't say in which way).  It was amazing and I curse the AFA and the CONMEBOL for me not being allowed to attend that game in the flesh and experience what I know the reality of football crowd activity is about.  Honestly... Something has to be done with the violence so that fans from both sides can attend and also foreign people from other continents.

What's the atmosphere like in Buenos Aires @Berserker?

34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Went to watch this one in a pub with a load of friends, some were Argentinians and it was a bloody great atmosphere, especially due to the Argentinians who had every Spanish (and some) vocab mastered for the occasion where mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers +++++ were all remembered (won't say in which way).  It was amazing and I curse the AFA and the CONMEBOL for me not being allowed to attend that game in the flesh and experience what I know the reality of football crowd activity is about.  Honestly... Something has to be done with the violence so that fans from both sides can attend and also foreign people from other continents.

What's the atmosphere like in Buenos Aires @Berserker?

Great, full bars, people screaming like crazy. What annoys me though, is cunts who listen to the game on the radio and make the whole neighbour know there has been a goal before it's shown in TV. ¬¬

8 hours ago, Berserker said:

Great, full bars, people screaming like crazy. What annoys me though, is cunts who listen to the game on the radio and make the whole neighbour know there has been a goal before it's shown in TV. ¬¬

Yeah that radio issue is everywhere especially in Spain where radio is very popular... Not so popular here in the UK apart from the real older generations.

I can imagine the atmosphere was amazing as it should be. ;)

• Administrator
10 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I thought that was entertaining, i Its clear River plate play the better football but Boca have more quality, This is the first South American game i have watched in years so im just guessing.

Its just a shame that BT Sports will probably only show a one off game because i would watch a lot more of the Copa Libertadores if it was available on TV.

I know it's not the Copa Libertadores but up until the start of this season, BT Sport had Brazilian Serie A fairly regularly on Sunday nights. Now they don't have any at all, despite losing the rights to Italian football :( 

14 hours ago, Stan said:

I know it's not the Copa Libertadores but up until the start of this season, BT Sport had Brazilian Serie A fairly regularly on Sunday nights. Now they don't have any at all, despite losing the rights to Italian football :( 

The viewing figures were probably poor on the Brazillian games, Thats why they wont show more Copa Libertadores games too unfortunately.  

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Apparently the second leg could be called off for tonight. This is embarrassing. 

What were you honestly expecting from a game with raised stakes like this. If it happened in a round of 16 game 3 years ago, the chances of it happening in the final of the world was pretty high.

• The title was changed to Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived