The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS

football forum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Just a little less than 6 hours for this to start, will be epic albeit not nearly as much as if it was in our stadium as it was meant to be.

surprised it's not been postponed again xD 

The city of Madrid has literally turned into Buenos Aires in Europe...  There are over 1 million Argentinians living in Spain and according to TVE (Spain's version of the British tv network the BBC) have said that there's over 300,000 Argentinians from all over Spain partying in the city today.  Outside the hotel the River Plate squad are staying there were over 30,000 River fans chanting until the players came out and joined in the atmosphere with mics in hand.  The same happening outside the Boca hotel with fans dancing and singing.

The atmosphere is apparently tremendous and God only knows where so many fans are going to go because there isn't room for all of them in the Santiago Bernabéu.

But everything has been peaceful and focused on a party atmosphere.  A far cry from what we saw a few weeks ago in Buenos Aires...  Argentinians are in general very much loved in Spain which has helped all of this seem like it's the World Cup.

@Berserker

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The city of Madrid has literally turned into Buenos Aires in Europe...  There are over 1 million Argentinians living in Spain and according to TVE (Spain's version of the British tv network the BBC) have said that there's over 300,000 Argentinians from all over Spain partying in the city today.  Outside the hotel the River Plate squad are staying there were over 30,000 River fans chanting until the players came out and joined in the atmosphere with mics in hand.  The same happening outside the Boca hotel with fans dancing and singing.

The atmosphere is apparently tremendous and God only knows where so many fans are going to go because there isn't room for all of them in the Santiago Bernabéu.

But everything has been peaceful and focused on a party atmosphere.  A far cry from what we saw a few weeks ago in Buenos Aires...  Argentinians are in general very much loved in Spain which has helped all of this seem like it's the World Cup.

should be the other way round. Boca fans should be at River's hotel keeping them up all night and vice versa. Bunch of softies :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The city of Madrid has literally turned into Buenos Aires in Europe...  There are over 1 million Argentinians living in Spain and according to TVE (Spain's version if the British tv network the BBC) have said that there's over 300,000 Argentinians from all over Spain partying in the city today.  Outside the hotel the River Plate squad are staying there were over 30,000 River fans chanting until the players came out and joined in the atmosphere with mics in hand.  The same happening outside the Boca hotel with fans dancing and singing.

@Berserker

Really are there more than 1 million living there?, i thought there were around 450.000, surprising. Anyway sounds great mate, and yeah i know that, i read a news-piece a few years back that we were the preferred nationality for you guys. You are also one of the favourites for us too. As an anecdote, when i was a kid i befriended a guy from Zaragoza through an online game and we got along extremely well in no time, so much so that he invited me to spend my vacations there at his parents'  house in Mallorca, just a shame that i couldn't go and we lost contact for some reason later, but he was a great guy and i believe most Spaniards are the same.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

should be the other way round. Boca fans should be at River's hotel keeping them up all night and vice versa. Bunch of softies :ph34r:

That's what the fans of all the clubs of other South American countries do to us when we play away at the Libertadores or Sudamericana, bunch of cunts, we're too nice with them and don't replicate their behaviour but we should.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Really are there more than 1 million living there?, i thought there were around 450.000, surprising. Anyway sounds great mate, and yeah i know that, i read a news-piece a few years back that we were the preferred nationality for you guys. You are also one of the favourites for us too. As an anecdote, when i was a kid i befriended a guy from Zaragoza through an online game and we got along extremely well in no time, so much so that he invited me to spend my vacations there at his parents'  house in Mallorca, just a shame that i couldn't go and we lost contact for some reason later, but he was a great guy and i believe most Spaniards are the same.

100% that was @SirBalon

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

@Berserker Just be careful the last time you got too nice with the Spaniards, they came back and took over your land :ph34r:

You do the same with the brits mate, they will take your land and fuse it with India all over again. :ph34r:

On a side note, did you look at my opinion on you?, it said you were a "great addiction" but that's not what i meant, i originally said you were a great addition but some extension changed it or something (i fixed it already). xD

I just took a walk around the Bernabéu. 

Dull. I expected far more. I don't know... the street shrouded in smoke, roast stands popping up everywhere, people with the hands dirty of chimi. But nope... Fans taking selfies in front of the armoured tanks of the UIP.  The statue of Perón near the Bernabéu was left untouched alone too.

The Boca zone (around Nuevos Ministerios) was not very active when I visited it. I went later to the area of River (around plaza de Castilla) and there was more of an atmosphere. I propose to condemn south americans to play the final here until they tear the fugly golden obelisk of plaza de Castilla down when celebrating the cup. 

And regarding preferences, I don't have that much of a connection with argentinian football.  I just simply never liked Boca Juniors, so with River I guess.

I know it’s not at El Monumental but you’ve got to impose yoursel more than that up front and not be waiting to see what your opponent is ready to try.

In fairness the Benedetto goal for Boca came after a moment where River should’ve scored but due to the seeming impotence up front from River, it was easily dealt with to be caught on the counter. 

Anyway... Still 45 minutes to go but if River continue to speculate because it’s only 0-1, then one more error and 0-2 will see it over. 

• The title was changed to Copa Libertadores Final 2018: RIVER PLATE (5) aet3-1 (3) BOCA JUNIORS
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived