talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

YouTube

football forum

If you watch any YouTube channel related to tech, sports, comedy, educational, people doing stupid things in their basement or any daily/travel Vlog please share it with the rest of us. Also if you find any random interesting video on the internet this is the thread for it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Kurzgesagt is probably my most favourite one for animated educational content on various topics; it's good for general knowledge. The English version of it (called Kurzgesagt - In a Nutshell) is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Kurzgesagt ; I prefer the German one though as the English narration can sound a bit condescending or preachy sometimes.

minutephysics for simple short explanations on all things related to physics and science in general. https://www.youtube.com/user/minutephysics

Kings and Generals for animated historical documentaries; mostly military history stuff. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMmaBzfCCwZ2KqaBJjkj0fw

Isaac Arthur - science with focus on futurism, space exploration and technology. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFipeZtQM5CKUjx6grh54g

Primitive technology - an Australian building things in the wild completely from scratch using no modern tools or materials. Very interesting. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Steve1989MREInfo - this is something completely different; MRE & Ration Reviews from 1863 - to current. He opens new and occasionally very old MREs and other military rations and consumes most of the contents. Very interesting. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA

Star Wars Explained - everything Star Wars. https://www.youtube.com/user/starwarsminute

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Blue said:

Geography Now is my favourite Youtube channel.

I find it really hard to watch as the style and the presentation is very off-putting. Obnoxious, cringy jokes and bad puns, annoying presenter, and way too many factual mistakes to be taken seriously.

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

I find it really hard to watch as the style and the presentation is very off-putting. Obnoxious, cringy jokes and bad puns, annoying presenter, and way too many factual mistakes to be taken seriously.

I disagree, I think the style is really good. Keeps it simple and a lot easier to watch than looking through a complex Atlas to learn about each country, which is kind of ironic of me as I own a geography site that I'm trying to make complex haha.

In terms of bad puns, I think even he acknowledges that they are bad, so that's not really a valid argument. The rest I can understand but I'm the opposite. Some of the jokes I actually do find funny, but that's probably because my sense of humour is cringy jokes.

As for the factual mistakes, that may be true but you're not gonna be perfect in these things, and given he asks certain people I see it as different views. Most of the South American episodes seem correct to me.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Blue said:

I disagree, I think the style is really good. Keeps it simple and a lot easier to watch than looking through a complex Atlas to learn about each country, which is kind of ironic of me as I own a geography site that I'm trying to make complex haha.

In terms of bad puns, I think even he acknowledges that they are bad, so that's not really a valid argument. The rest I can understand but I'm the opposite. Some of the jokes I actually do find funny, but that's probably because my sense of humour is cringy jokes.

As for the factual mistakes, that may be true but you're not gonna be perfect in these things, and given he asks certain people I see it as different views. Most of the South American episodes seem correct to me.

I feel like his target audience is youngish Americans haha. Don't get me wrong, if it gets young people interested in geography then that's great and it's probably a good start for basic info on most countries, but I personally find it almost unwatchable.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tamago2474 is a brilliant youtuber. He's funny in a non-cringy way. Underrated.

He's mostly an Indie Game reviewer but he used to be an animator. Did some funny Club Penguin videos before too.

Youtubers I follow in a full list

Geography Now - Explained above

Tamago 2474 - Also explained above

MrBeast - One of the craziest people I have ever seen on the site. My concern is that he spends too much money, he's gonna end up in San Juan de Lurigancho if he's not careful. If his goal is just to entertain, then he's doing a good job.

Penguinz0 - I love Critikal. His humour is so dry, and he does it on purpose. He used to just play flash games to troll, but now he does actual movie reviews and whatnot. I think he's one of the funniest people on the site and deserves more subscribers.

Karl Watson - My travel films were inspired by his. So much I literally copied his style for the Canada episode. He's a more serious lad with a bit of humour here and there, but his execution of his videos is so good.

Vaga Brothers - Sound travel channel who gives tips and also makes vlogs of his channels. More popular than Karl Watson more than likely due to uploading more frequently.

TheSmithPlays - Does top 10's on Fortnite and Call of Duty, but more the former these days.

• The title was changed to YouTube
  • 2 months later...

My favourite channel at the moment is PayMoneyWubby. He usually exposes creepy, weird or fake stuff channels, or generally raises some good points about our social media culture. 

A lot of channels were removed because of his videos. A few weeks ago, he exposed a channel that posted fake animal rescue videos. Basically people would put dogs in dangerous situations, and then acted like they helped them, just for clicks and money. He made a video about it, and the channel got removed a day later: 

On 02/11/2018 at 21:56, nudge said:

This 100%.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

My favourite channel at the moment is PayMoneyWubby. He usually exposes creepy, weird or fake stuff channels, or generally raises some good points about our social media culture. 

A lot of channels were removed because of his videos. A few weeks ago, he exposed a channel that posted fake animal rescue videos. Basically people would put dogs in dangerous situations, and then acted like they helped them, just for clicks and money. He made a video about it, and the channel got removed a day later: 

Is he the same guy who exposed the asian pedo channels?

@topic

I am currently hooked to the music channel Newretrowave.

Beyond that I follow Tim Pool, an independent journalist who is fairly balanced and level headed, and takes on important topics (politically or trend—wise).

Atlas Obscura is another of my favourite for all things weird, though I prefer reading articles on their site.

For comedy it was AIB, before they got shutdown over MeToo. 

Archived