talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Leaks Scandal

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest reports on PSG's FFP rule breaking that was initially parked before the Football Leaks scandal became public is that they could be excluded from this very season's Champions League edition... Curious that nothing was done until now!

But this doesn't exclude UEFA from being involved in all sorts with both PSG and Manchester City by enabling all sorts of rule breaking and there could be serious civil repercussions in all of this.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The are also rumours that both PSG and Man City could be forced to free every single player signed since their respective takeovers by civil courts.

I highly doubt that'll happen - that's an incredibly harsh penalty unless those clubs are reimbursed what they paid for those players (maybe with a slight reduction to the overall amount paid, as some sort of penalty).

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I highly doubt that'll happen - that's an incredibly harsh penalty unless those clubs are reimbursed what they paid for those players (maybe with a slight reduction to the overall amount paid, as some sort of penalty).

Not if the money was supplied by a state and was never money that they as clubs had generated. That would be benefitting in a highly unfair manner by comparison with rival clubs. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Who is this apparent CL winner that was supposed to come out and admit to his doping? 

This question is being asked by thousands everyday on social media ever since it was said that the story would be released. Remember I said that it couldn’t be released until the courts permitted it. It’s obviously big. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

This question is being asked by thousands everyday on social media ever since it was said that the story would be released. Remember I said that it couldn’t be released until the courts permitted it. It’s obviously big. 

Its Dani Alves. I literally cant think of anyone else

Just now, SirBalon said:

Not if the money was supplied by a state and was never money that they as clubs had generated. That would be benefitting in a highly unfair manner by comparison with rival clubs. 

I can't see a situation where money wouldn't go back to whoever first paid it - generally speaking if a court is reversing a sale contract, they don't let one party collect for the sale that ultimately is never made.

It would also create years of legal battles as I imagine many of those players wouldn't want to take the lower wages they used to be on at their former clubs and were getting paid by Citeh for at least a few months (if not a few seasons, for the players who were there before). And in that situation, what would the courts determine? That the players are simply free agents if their previous contracts had expired?

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't see a situation where money wouldn't go back to whoever first paid it - generally speaking if a court is reversing a sale contract, they don't let one party collect for the sale that ultimately is never made.

It would also create years of legal battles as I imagine many of those players wouldn't want to take the lower wages they used to be on at their former clubs and were getting paid by Citeh for at least a few months (if not a few seasons, for the players who were there before). And in that situation, what would the courts determine? That the players are simply free agents if their previous contracts had expired?

Part of how those clubs (especially PSG) received their money to compete is in the first release of the Football Leaks mate. It’s unfair competition and those clubs won trophies with those players during those periods. This goes further beyond the acquisition of footballers. 

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Part of how those clubs (especially PSG) received their money to compete is in the first release of the Football Leaks mate. It’s unfair competition and those clubs won trophies with those players during those periods. This goes further beyond the acquisition of footballers. 

It's unfair competition and legally speaking there probably should be penalties imposed on them. But I can't see the players being released as free transfers or reverting back to their old clubs. It just triggers so many labour law issues that aren't easily resolved.

I think where these clubs (and players) could get particularly fucked is with tax evasion.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's unfair competition and legally speaking there probably should be penalties imposed on them. But I can't see the players being released as free transfers or reverting back to their old clubs. It just triggers so many labour law issues that aren't easily resolved.

I think where these clubs (and players) could get particularly fucked is with tax evasion.

It is a very complexed case and even more so to resolve as it touches so many issues from unfair competition to breaking civil and financial laws. Also UEFA knew about this and I dare not think what could happen there. 

Imagine the other French clubs that have been mauled by PSG in recent years. 

• Subscriber

FFP needs to be more 'robust' & rules are 'weak' in certain areas - Ceferin

By Richard Conway

BBC sports news correspondent

2 hours ago | European Football

Financial fair play (FFP) needs to be more "robust" and the rules are "weak" in certain areas, Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin has told BBC Sport.

FFP 'break-even' rules require clubs to balance spending with their revenue.

German news magazine Der Spiegel has claimed Manchester City and Paris St-Germain overvalued sponsorship deals to help meet the rules.

Uefa said it would reopen FFP inquiries "on a case-by-case basis" if there was evidence of "abuse".

City have said they would not comment on Der Spiegel's claims, apart from to describe them as an "organised and clear" attempt to damage their reputation.

PSG said it "has always acted in full compliance with the laws and regulations enacted by sports institutions" and it "denies the allegations".

Ceferin said: "I don't want to speak about Man City or PSG but for any club the rules have to be strong and clear. We will act by the book, by the regulations.

"We know that we have to modernise. We know we have to check the rules and regulations all the time. We know that the situation in the football market is changing all the time. So that's also part of our thinking for the future - do we have to do something about the regulations to be more robust? Yes."

Asked if Uefa could use sporting sanctions against clubs that break FFP rules, such as barring them from the Champions League, Ceferin added: "There are many things we are talking about - also sporting sanctions and everything else.

"It's the start of the debate. It's a bit premature to speak about it but we acknowledge the rules might be weak in certain points. Also, laws in certain countries are changing all the time [and] adapting to modern times."

In its reporting based on leaked documents, Der Spiegel also said the clubs negotiated with Fifa president Gianni Infantino, who was then general secretary of Uefa, to agree reduced punishments on FFP breaches.

Uefa found City had breached FFP rules in 2014 and the two parties reached a settlement, with City paying a £49m fine - £32m of which was suspended - while their Champions League squad was reduced for 2014-15.

"Our independent bodies will check it," said Ceferin. "I know they will. But we also know we have to keep our credibility. Nobody cares if it happened four years ago when the leadership was different - it is about the organisation."

Am I right in thinking that the latest scandal is that Infantino held a meeting over a week ago about essentially an offer for a second World Cup that had a limited time frame for a decision but couldn't reveal who was funding the idea so UEFA walked. But now it's emerged that the 'secret funding' was from the Saudi Royal Family and they were going to buy all the rights to FIFA and create a new company with Infantino as Chairman?

Even if about 10% of that is correct, that is incredible At least with Blatter we knew we had a corrupt clown, this guy could actually be worse and his campaign was around being different.

14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Am I right in thinking that the latest scandal is that Infantino held a meeting over a week ago about essentially an offer for a second World Cup that had a limited time frame for a decision but couldn't reveal who was funding the idea so UEFA walked. But now it's emerged that the 'secret funding' was from the Saudi Royal Family and they were going to buy all the rights to FIFA and created a new company with Infantino as Chairman?

Even if about 10% of that is correct, what the actual fuck? At least with Blatter we knew we had a corrupt clown, this guy could actually be worse and his campaign was around being different.

If you were wondering why Villiger was fired so unceremoniously in August, here’s your answer. This bloke is genuinely worse than Blatter.

Wolves head coach Nuno Espirito Santo is "totally convinced" the club has no case to answer following the latest allegations made by Football Leaks.

It has been claimed the relationship between Wolves and agent Jorge Mendes breaches Football Association rules.

Published by German publication Der Spiegel, it alleges that owners Fosun International own a 15 per cent stake in Mendes' Gestifute agency and bought it shortly before they purchased Wolves in 2016.

This, it says, paved the way for a number of players, such as Ivan Cavaleiro, Helder Costa, Diogo Jota and Ruben Neves, plus Nuno himself, to join the club, all of whom were instrumental in Wolves winning promotion to the Premier League last season.

FA rules state that an agent cannot influence the business a club conducts but the allegations published by Football Leaks suggests Mendes has a more prominent role than just an advisor.

• Subscriber

Ya know, somehow that doesn't surprise me in the least. What will be really funny now is what UEFA do about it. And I have a feeling it will be a big fat nothing. I mean its all happened, there's nothing anyone can do so lets just let it slide. If this was lets say the OIC, however, they'd strip him of all his titles and tell him to walk home naked assuming any of it is true. 

Edit: UEFA have denied this!

Not at all surprising seeing as in the leak they’re accused of covering this as they’ve also covered everything else in the recent leaks. Theyre not about to just own up to it all just like that. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Real Madrid have just denied that Sergio Ramos failed a drugs test. It’s getting quite heated right now. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Edit: UEFA have denied this!

Not at all surprising seeing as in the leak they’re accused of covering this as they’ve also covered everything else in the recent leaks. Theyre not about to just own up to it all just like that. 

Once around the cuckoo's nest  xD

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos 'did not breach anti-doping rules' after Champions League final

27 minutes ago | European Football

Real Madrid have denied captain Sergio Ramos broke anti-doping rules after the 2017 Champions League final in Cardiff.

The German news magazine Der Spiegel claims the Spain international tested positive for anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone, which is only banned if testers are not informed of its use.

Der Spiegel reports doping control officers were told Ramos, 32, had taken a different anti-inflammatory ahead of the final.

Uefa accepted an apology from Ramos.

The player blamed the club's doctor for the mix-up.

Real Madrid said in a statement: "Ramos has never breached the anti-doping control regulations.

"Uefa requested timely information and closed the matter immediately, as is usual in these cases, after verification by the experts themselves."

The doctor, in a letter to Uefa seen by Der Spiegel, said he had accidentally written the name of a different drug on the doping report after the match as Ramos was being tested.

Testers were told Ramos had injections of betamethasone in his left knee and left shoulder, which is also banned by Wada, rather than dexamethasone.

Both drugs, which are similar anti-inflammatories, are permitted under World Anti-Doping Authority (Wada) rules if they are declared at the testing stage.

Der Spiegel said the unnamed doctor from Real Madrid had noted down the wrong drug in the doping report following the game because of the "euphoria" felt from winning the title, and the fact Juan Carlos, the former King of Spain, and the country's prime minister had visited the doping control station to see Ramos.

Real Madrid beat Juventus 4-1 in the final and Ramos played the full 90 minutes.

A letter from Uefa, seen by Der Spiegel, said it was "very likely" the player and the doctor had committed "an administrative mistake".

"In the future, we ask you and your team doctor to be utmost cautious when completing the doping control form and more precisely the declaration of medication," the letter said, according to Der Spiegel.

In a statement, Uefa said: "Uefa strongly and categorically refutes unfounded allegations it has covered up positive doping results.

"All Uefa doping control cases are conducted in full compliance with the Wada Code."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46324213

Archived