talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Leaks Scandal

football forum

4 hours ago, Batard said:

Everyone in France knew the Mbappe transfer was horseshit. A book cooking exercise of the highest order. This was always my gripe with financial fair play, it maintains the status quo. The big clubs continue to operate as is whilst other clubs with a lesser commercial draw are forced to adhere to rules that keep them at arms length. Financial FairPlay should be exactly that, entirely transparent finances that are judged on legitimate independent 3rd party audit. It won’t happen though. Champions League is far too important to UEFA than truly embracing any financial fair play 

PSG are a total cancer for French football mate. Look at the death of Lyon and the neutering of clubs like Marseille, Monaco and further back Saint Etienne.

Even worse is how the government have hidden known facts. It’s not just in France though because in both Spain and Italy the same thing has been happening. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On mobile but just saw a tweet that FIFA will ban any players from the World Cup if they join in the super league.

Im actually starting to like Infantino. He had a horrendous start but he's been making some good decisions lately.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

On mobile but just saw a tweet that FIFA will ban any players from the World Cup if they join in the super league.

Im actually starting to like Infantino. He had a horrendous start but he's been making some good decisions lately.

It will never happen. The sponsors will be in uproar and I don't think the players would give a fuck if they're a part of the super league.

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

If you’ve read the leaks you’ll see Infantino has been involved in part of the corruption. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

Infantino: Fifa would ban European Super League players from World Cup

• Either you are in or you are out, Fifa president says 
• Ban would include Euros and national leagues too

Football’s biggest names would be banned from the World Cup if they played in a breakaway European Super League, the Fifa president, Gianni Infantino, said on Wednesday.

Infantino, speaking to a small group of reporters at Fifa headquarters, said the governing body would punish players at clubs such as Barcelona, Manchester City and Bayern Munich if they left football’s organised structure to form a privately-owned league.

“Either you are in or you are out,” Infantino said, listing the World Cup, European Championship and national leagues as competitions that players from breakaway teams could be excluded from. “This includes everything.”

Talk of a long-threatened super league was revived on Friday when German magazine Der Spiegel published confidential documents and emails from clubs and soccer bodies in its “Football Leaks” series.

Real Madrid were alleged to be working with consultants on a 16-team Super League to kick off in 2021 effectively replacing the Champions League and outside the control of Uefa.

The plan called for 11 clubs from Spain, England, Germany, Italy and France to get ownership stakes and risk-free Super League membership for 20 years, with five more clubs from those countries invited to play.

The breakaway from soccer’s historic hierarchy Fifa, the six continental bodies and 211 national federations would allow officials to ban players from major competitions, including the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

“The idea is if you break away, you break away. You don’t keep one foot in and one foot out,” Fifa’s legal director, Alasdair Bell, said. “That would be the general approach we would follow, but of course lawyers can debate this for a long time.”

Both Infantino and Bell were long-time staffers at Uefa, which has steadily changed Champions League prize money and entry rules to favor elite clubs and stall breakaway threats.

“This is the history of the last 20 years,” said Infantino, who has clashed this year with European soccer officials and club leaders over Fifa’s proposed Club World Cup project, which is funded by Japanese investor SoftBank.

Infantino said his plan potentially featuring at least 12 European clubs in a 24-team lineup, and worth a promised $3 billion every four years was a good alternative to a private closed league. “The Club World Cup is the answer to any attempt to think even about any sort of breakaway leagues,” he said.

Infantino insisted while the plan would be lucrative for clubs taking part, it also kept money in the soccer family. Fifa would use 25% of revenue to share globally.

“If the price to pay is to give proper revenues to a club participating in a Club World Cup but this allows us to ... give $1m to Haiti who has nothing, or to Mongolia who has three time zones but only two football pitches, well then we should be I think doing that,” he said.

A Fifa task force will assess a revamp of competitions, including a new event for all national teams played every two years. Infantino said he expects a decision in March when he chairs a Fifa Council meeting in Miami.

He also believes the latest breakaway threat will calm. “People are still quite reasonable,” Infantino said. “I trust certainly the club owners and presidents to be able to have a discussion.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/07/fifa-ban-super-league-players-from-world-cup-euros

This is all getting more and more sensational and the curious part is that none of the two parties (Man City and PSG) have been seriously hounded by the mainstream media.

That for all of you (and myself) that digest your/my daily news from said parties.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I would suppose we are all waiting for the last article which promises to be the best of them all because it should elaborate on how they went about doing the kind of business they did. Fascinating how a PR exec spun the partnership between Arabtec and the holdings in Abu Dhabi and what's more shocking is that we don't even know how many other companies were involved that will probably never come out because of all the chain backlash involved. 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What's funny, is that @Happy Blue did call that City were tapping up Pep, even during his first season at Bayern. Saying something like he is just getting ready to manage us in the future. 

You work in the inside Happy? xD

I reckon he does. He's always got stuff on about player injuries. Or he has a very good source! 

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

What's funny, is that @Happy Blue did call that City were tapping up Pep, even during his first season at Bayern. Saying something like he is just getting ready to manage us in the future. 

You work in the inside Happy? xD

What i exclusively revealed to the other forum (for free) was that Pep had an agreement in place to join us even before he went to Munich and what month and year that would be and that Pellegrini knew when he would be leaving even before he signed

All these scandals had me worried for a minute, i thought they had found out that we own PSG xD  ...Id love a season in the Championship tbh

Cant wait for Mbappe to join us :ph34r:

• Subscriber

So Der Spiegel has literally published four documents showing the rest of the footballing world how to cheat. I mean that's really what it amounts to whether you do it with money or by strong-arming. Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So Der Spiegel has literally published four documents showing the rest of the footballing world how to cheat. I mean that's really what it amounts to whether you do it with money or by strong-arming. Good stuff.

I think clubs already knew about how to implement methods of the sort and to be honest it's been tried before although not with the help of a foreign state as far as I'm aware.

What we have here is a similar method to laundering money where the European Arab Gulf clubs are concerned only that in this case it isn't washing money to make it seem clean, it's laundering a culture to make it fit into the mainstream.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

I think clubs already knew about how to implement methods of the sort and to be honest it's been tried before although not with the help of a foreign state as far as I'm aware.

I mean you can change the foreign state word to anything you want but it all boils down simply to money. If you've got loads of it you can hire people to be creative in the process of hiding where the money comes and goes. The difference now is that the project from the ADUG has been successful due to employment of various players (employees) who have helped the process along and knew enough about the entire footballing world to get away with it. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

What we have here is a similar method to laundering money where the European Arab Gulf clubs are concerned only that in this case it isn't washing money to make it seem clean, it's laundering a culture to make it fit into the mainstream.

I think its the other way around, they saw a culture that was ripe for the taking and gave it the one thing it clamored for. Can't really blame them because at the end of the day whether the money comes from dirty sources or not it goes into revenue streams and eventually becomes okay. As far as I know the City Group have never imposed their way of life or their culture onto anyone and if that had happened I think we'd actually see some action being taken. In this case they have something everyone else wants and they have an abundance of it to make whatever wish or fabricated reality they wish to make happen.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I mean you can change the foreign state word to anything you want but it all boils down simply to money. If you've got loads of it you can hire people to be creative in the process of hiding where the money comes and goes. The difference now is that the project from the ADUG has been successful due to employment of various players (employees) who have helped the process along and knew enough about the entire footballing world to get away with it. 

I think its the other way around, they saw a culture that was ripe for the taking and gave it the one thing it clamored for. Can't really blame them because at the end of the day whether the money comes from dirty sources or not it goes into revenue streams and eventually becomes okay. As far as I know the City Group have never imposed their way of life or their culture onto anyone and if that had happened I think we'd actually see some action being taken. In this case they have something everyone else wants and they have an abundance of it to make whatever wish or fabricated reality they wish to make happen.

You make very good points and I don't deny much of that could be the case but on the imposing of a culture on a different one, this isn't what it's all about.  It's about filtering said culture into the mainstream and nothing about manipulation.  Thus the obsession with one of the two said clubs winning the Champions League.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You make very good points and I don't deny much of that could be the case but on the imposing of a culture on a different one, this isn't what it's all about.  It's about filtering said culture into the mainstream and nothing about manipulation.  Thus the obsession with one of the two said clubs winning the Champions League.

I mean lets be honest they've never really enjoyed a good reputation and honestly who is the UAE in the landscape of football historically? A blip would be an insult to other clubs that have some real history. But, the one thing you can't deny them is the fact that they've been very successful business-wise in luring countries and companies/organizations into improving their worldwide portfolio of projects and this dates back to the early 80s forget this flash in the pan that is City and the group managing the finances associated around it.

And of course with any investment the grand prize is the ultimate goal and they haven't been able to achieve that, why is still a mystery considering what else they've achieved with the cash they've infused but it will come sooner rather than later and if it doesn't then heads will roll irrespective of who they are in the chain of greatness/fame in football. After all, football is just a business now and will be treated as such by owners who pay the amounts they do for the success they wish to get.

UEFA has warned Manchester City it may reopen its 2014 Financial Fair Play (FFP) investigation into the club.

It comes after German magazine Der Spiegelpublished a story which claimed the defending Premier League champions struck a secret deal with UEFA four years ago to avoid a potential Champions League ban for breaching FFP regulations.

City accepted a £49m fine for breaching FFP in 2014. The sanction also included a restriction on the size of the club's squad for Europe the following two seasons and limits on their transfer spending and wage bill.

City said at the time the original magazine article was published that they would not be commenting and that the attempt to damage their reputation was "organised and clear".

UEFA initially said it "cannot comment on specific cases due to confidentiality obligations", but the governing body addressed the matter in a statement on Monday.

It read: "UEFA conducts an annual assessment of all clubs against the break-even requirements of FFP on a rolling three-year basis.

"This includes a thorough assessment of clubs' financial positions on the basis of both the information disclosed by the clubs (based on their independently audited financial statements), as well as a number of compliance checks and analysis undertaken by UEFA (including independent external audits).

"If new information comes to light that may be material to this assessment, UEFA will use that to challenge the figures and will seek explanation, clarification or rebuttal from the club concerned.

"Should new information suggest that previously concluded cases have been abused, those cases may be capable of being re-opened as determined on a case-by-case basis."

UEFA also defended the FFP system, saying it had helped clubs across Europe go from a cumulative debt of £1.5bn in 2011 to more than £500m in profits last year.

"Without question, (FFP) has been a success for the game across Europe," it added.

Archived