Celta Vigo v SD Eibar

Osasuna v CD Leganés

UD Las Palmas v Real Betis

Real Sociedad v Sporting Gijón

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Villareal beat Bilbao 3-1 last night in the race for the Europa League spots.

Real Madrid playing Atletico in the big game of the day today. Savic just did this amazing clearance on the goal-line:

Sevilla play Deportivo and Malaga play Barcelona tonight.

Sunday's fixtures:
Granada vs Valencia
Celta vs Eibar
Osasuna vs Leganes
Las Palmas vs Betis

Monday's fixture:
Real Sociedad vs Gijon

Just now, True Bender said:

Why did Atlético play 4-4-2 against 4-3-3? Can't they play anything else?

If Carrasco is on (his first half today was pathetic) the difference between a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 when attacking can be moot.

• Administrator

entertaining game between Sevilla & Deportivo.

It was 2-1 to Sevilla after only 9 mins. Jovetic scored in the first.

Now 3-2 to Sevilla approaching HT. 

Real will deserve the title when they win it, although they haven't been great at all. Quite ordinary in fact and they could and should have been capitalised on last night(same with against Deportivo), it's a fine example of how to give away the title. Fair play to Real though as they have been the more consistent and they win the games that they should do.

Enrique's rotation policy is fucking awful and he's starting to remind me of Rafa Benitez. He's done well at the club, although he's not going to carry that on so him leaving at the end of the season is for the best. At this stage of the season, he should be starting his strongest 11 in nearly every game, especially the away fixtures. He just doesn't learn either and if you're going to rotate, then atleast use players who have impressed. Denis looked class whenever he started at one point, then was completely dropped from the team for no reason at all and whenever Paco shows great signs, he doesn't see any more pitch time for ages meaning that it's impossible to gain confidence and show improvements. Then you have Gomes and Mathieu, 2 of the worst players the club have had in years and they are getting more pitch time than Iniesta.....

On 10/04/2017 at 5:36 PM, The Rebel CRS said:

Real will deserve the title when they win it, although they haven't been great at all. Quite ordinary in fact and they could and should have been capitalised on last night(same with against Deportivo), it's a fine example of how to give away the title. Fair play to Real though as they have been the more consistent and they win the games that they should do.

Enrique's rotation policy is fucking awful and he's starting to remind me of Rafa Benitez. He's done well at the club, although he's not going to carry that on so him leaving at the end of the season is for the best. At this stage of the season, he should be starting his strongest 11 in nearly every game, especially the away fixtures. He just doesn't learn either and if you're going to rotate, then atleast use players who have impressed. Denis looked class whenever he started at one point, then was completely dropped from the team for no reason at all and whenever Paco shows great signs, he doesn't see any more pitch time for ages meaning that it's impossible to gain confidence and show improvements. Then you have Gomes and Mathieu, 2 of the worst players the club have had in years and they are getting more pitch time than Iniesta.....

Basically I think he's crapping himself on any potential injury at this moment of the season and that detail is haunting his judgement. I even wonder how much he had to convince Messi to rest the other week to be honest... Barça in reality only have the Copa del Rey as a potential trophy this season. 

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Another 90th minute winner for Real.

Jesus wept.

Nobody will remember these things when the season's ended. I mean... After Cristiano's two goals in Munich I'm sure he's now had a great season. xD

FC Barcelona 3-2 Real Sociedad (FT)

Terrible performance from Barça today at home against Real Sociedad.  The first half was so so in attack but for the first time here we can really blame the Barça defence for the problems La Real handed out.  They pressed high but that isn't an excuse as so many teams have done that in the past and many have taken a hiding for their endeavour.  If it wasn't for Messi today (and Alcácer to a certain extent and I'm not even talking about his goal) Barcelona would've lost.  Again André Gomes played the part of the invisible man and when he did make an appearance, it was to either lose the ball or make the wrong decision in terms of his body movement let alone a pass.  Piqué also had a nightmare game where even Busquets had to cover for him in various occasions and that manufactured a whole in the midfield at times.

Too many issues and I would expect the players just want this season to end because it's been very mediocre and at best intermittent.

La Real deserved something out of the game...  Their man of the match was by a mile Iñigo Martínez who was once a Barça target.

On 15/04/2017 at 9:36 PM, SirBalon said:

FC Barcelona 3-2 Real Sociedad (FT)

Terrible performance from Barça today at home against Real Sociedad.  The first half was so so in attack but for the first time here we can really blame the Barça defence for the problems La Real handed out.  They pressed high but that isn't an excuse as so many teams have done that in the past and many have taken a hiding for their endeavour.  If it wasn't for Messi today (and Alcácer to a certain extent and I'm not even talking about his goal) Barcelona would've lost.  Again André Gomes played the part of the invisible man and when he did make an appearance, it was to either lose the ball or make the wrong decision in terms of his body movement let alone a pass.  Piqué also had a nightmare game where even Busquets had to cover for him in various occasions and that manufactured a whole in the midfield at times.

Too many issues and I would expect the players just want this season to end because it's been very mediocre and at best intermittent.

La Real deserved something out of the game...  Their man of the match was by a mile Iñigo Martínez who was once a Barça target.

Messi looks a level above the rest of the team at the moment and without him things would be a lot worse this season in general.

Paco had a quality game as well and showed yet again that he deserves more minutes. Hopefully the next manager who goes in shows a lot more faith in himself and Denis as they offer the depth the team needs, they just aren't used properly.

Arsenal will likely not even get into the Champions league this season, may even struggle to get Europa league, so Bellerin can be gotten for me and if the club went all out for a player like Veratti and a defender then the squad would look a whole lot stronger just from that alone. It's easier said than done though as these players wouldn't be cheap.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived