talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheffield United Discussion

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember them in the Premier League during the 2006/07 season with Jagielka, Hulse and Tonge. A decent side at that point but they went down. Good news they're back in the Championship and well deserved given their strong campaign.

They've taken the piss this season - they've been far better than everyone else down here (even though we have beaten them twice). 

Shame they've got such gobshite fans, I actually quite like the club and am glad they've finally managed to escape this miserable division. Will definitely go up as Champions.

I used to like them when I was younger oddly, it'd be between Sheff Utd and Man City as to who I'd be on Football Manager ha. They just seem to be a Championship club which is strange considering the size of them, fairly big/decent sized clubs in Yorkshire in Leeds, Wednesday/United, Bradford...but they all just seem to be lower league yoyo clubs. Obviously Wednesday are doing well this season and last, but it's just amazing how they can all be so shit at times, battling it out with your Fleetwood's and Millwall's.

They're a real decent football club, been there a few times and are certainly not a club that belongs in League One. That's Chris Wilder's second promotion in two years, he's making a name for himself too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2017 at 6:00 PM, Cannabis said:

Just waiting for Jessica Ennis to throw her toys out of the pram too. 

I don't really get why people still mention her. Her comment was aimed at somebody who was a convicted rapist playing for Sheffield United. Now it's been overturned I doubt she cares.

27 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I don't really get why people still mention her. Her comment was aimed at somebody who was a convicted rapist playing for Sheffield United. Now it's been overturned I doubt she cares.

Anyone slating a female Olympian who was standing against a convicted rapist needs their heads shook.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this has already been announced or will warrant a seperate thread.

After various rumours going around regarding waster Ched Evans, convicted rapist, a few hours ago Sheffield United confirmed they've re-signed him in a deal rumoured to be around £500k...

7 minutes ago, Cure said:

Don't know if this has already been announced or will warrant a seperate thread.

After various rumours going around regarding waster Ched Evans, convicted rapist, a few hours ago Sheffield United confirmed they've re-signed him in a deal rumoured to be around £500k...

Uhhh, I thought he was acquited?

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Uhhh, I thought he was acquited?

He was acquited last year but it's still very controversial. Chesterfield got stick for taking him on and the Blades fans rejected him when he entered talks to train with the club last season. Well over a hundred thousand fans signed against it, kit sponsers and manufacturers threatened to drop the club, some ambassadors for the club threatened to defect or step down... he may be acquited but that doesn't change the fact he raped a teen. He's just as bad as the rest of them. It'd be like Sunderland resigning Adam Johnson after his vile behaivour.

1 minute ago, Cure said:

He was acquited last year but it's still very controversial. Chesterfield got stick for taking him on and the Blades fans rejected him when he entered talks to train with the club last season. Well over a hundred thousand fans signed against it, kit sponsers and manufacturers threatened to drop the club, some ambassadors for the club threatened to defect or step down... he may be acquited but that doesn't change the fact he raped a teen. He's just as bad as the rest of them.

Acquitted means he didn't do it.

10 minutes ago, Cure said:

Fair point. The stigma remains around the whole situation though and that's the main thing.

It's why this fella doesn't do one night stands. You can get fucking blind drunk, drunker than the chick but you're ass is the one that goes to jail. 

I'm also married

• The title was changed to Sheffield United Discussion

Archived