talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wayne Rooney to be picked for England vs USA

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

Other countries do it in the actual final game for the player. Not to purposely bring a player out of retirement with the smokescreen of 'proceeds to charity' just to sell more tickets in a friendly. 

True but didn't Rooney retire without a final game to play

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m irritated we’be had 3 players called up for Rooney’s testimonial - particularly Henderson, who’s just back from an injury inflicted by Southgate

England have a competitive game on Sunday against Croatia. 

Granted, the permutations cannot see them finish the Nations League campaign as second seeds in the Euro 2020 Qualification process but there’s still relegation at risk and potentially a chance to qualify for the Semi-Finals of the Nations League. 

I’d hope that the Rooney farce sees the “second string” so to speak play, the likes of Butland, Keane, Chilwell, Dunk, Winks, Loftus-Cheek, Sancho and Wilson, with the senior players rested for Sunday’s game. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

England have a competitive game on Sunday against Croatia. 

Granted, the permutations cannot see them finish the Nations League campaign as second seeds in the Euro 2020 Qualification process but there’s still relegation at risk and potentially a chance to qualify for the Semi-Finals of the Nations League. 

I’d hope that the Rooney farce sees the “second string” so to speak play, the likes of Butland, Keane, Chilwell, Dunk, Winks, Loftus-Cheek, Sancho and Wilson, with the senior players rested for Sunday’s game. 

I don’t think Henderson should be going regardless, he’s literally only just recovered from the last injury he got on England duty.

I also think the Nations League is just glorified friendlies and how many fucking international breaks have we had already? At least this is the last one until March, but in my eyes all of these breaks are irritating as fuck. Especially as we just had a World Cup.

I can only hope that Southgate has realised if we tell him a player needs a certain training routine followed because of injury concerns, that the player shouldn’t just have a standard training session or he’ll probably get injured.

Most people in England don’t seem to rate Henderson anyways, whereas we really need him because Fabinho is only a good holding midfielder against shit sides where we don’t really need a holding midfielder apparently. So I hope he returns from this bullshit unscathed. 

Archived