talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ryan Giggs Does Not Watch Gareth Bale Because He Does Not Pay for Eleven Sports

13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I know it’s not the point of your post but I kind of agree with the above. I mean, it’s not okay to commit adultery and to heap on a load of misery on someone you’re that close to but who cares what people do away from the football pitch? Football fans aren’t immune from adultery and sleeping with people they shouldn’t be sleeping with so judging a footballer, albeit one who’s been very successful and was paid handsomely for it, for their behaviour is a bit daft. 

Giggs will be remembered for his contribution to Manchester United over his off-the-pitch behaviour. 

I do agree, not in any sense making excuses for Giggs but I couldn't care less what he gets upto. It's just the hypocritical nature of our press who pick and choose who they demonise, Giggs is seemingly allowed a free pass for all types of misdemeanours whereas other players are pilloried for far less.

The vast majority of human beings are incorrigible cunts.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

But their not views, it's a religious doctrine, a belief.  It's not something you say to make anyone feel bad... It's about faith!

If the answer was relevant to a question and he didn't all of a sudden say; "Hold on, I want to make this statement on certain beliefs I have" then there's nothing wrong with it.  I'm pretty sure that in there are no rules in England head coaching position that say you can't be a Buddhist.  

There is absolutely NO WAY any one religion takes president over another in a country like this one.  It was WRONG to sack him for that and it occurred because the people that had their feelings hurt are the ones with issues,

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

But their not views, it's a religious doctrine, a belief.  It's not something you say to make anyone feel bad... It's about faith!

If the answer was relevant to a question and he didn't all of a sudden say; "Hold on, I want to make this statement on certain beliefs I have" then there's nothing wrong with it.  I'm pretty sure that in there are no rules in England head coaching position that say you can't be a Buddhist.  

There is absolutely NO WAY any one religion takes president over another in a country like this one.  It was WRONG to sack him for that and it occurred because the people that had their feelings hurt are the ones with issues,

Needless to say, given your comments about people choosing to fly on helicopters after the helicopter crash in Leicester before the number of casualties were known im not going to try convince you that there's a time and a place to make certain comments as it's clearly a hopeless battle.

I also would like to take this time to apologise to any of you reading this that have to cope with the difficulties of supporting a disabled loved one that have taken offence to the comments quoted above where you've effectively been told you have issues. I would also like to express the viewpoints shared by Balon are not representative of all staff members.

37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Needless to say, given your comments about people choosing to fly on helicopters after the helicopter crash in Leicester before the number of casualties were known im not going to try convince you that there's a time and a place to make certain comments as it's clearly a hopeless battle.

I also would like to take this time to apologise to any of you reading this that have to cope with the difficulties of supporting a disabled loved one that have taken offence to the comments quoted above where you've effectively been told you have issues. I would also like to express the viewpoints shared by Balon are not representative of all staff members.

They're not my viewpoints, their the viewpoints of an established religion called Buddhism.  I am not a Buddhist and I do not subscribe to those beliefs so that one's out of the window.  If anyone's offended by whatever I said, be sure to read again, use the Private Message facility and express your viewpoint.

Take for example what Ron Atkinson said years ago on live commentary, well that's offensive, out of context, not subscribing to any lawful subscription.

You can dig all you like and stir what you will, but there's nothing in it.

Just to say that I myself have two cousins that have Down Syndrome Spain... I hate the fact I've brought that up but sometimes you're  pushed into going  natural instincts.  Maybe I'll PM myself to express my utmost disgust.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They're not my viewpoints, their the viewpoints of an established religion called Buddhism.  I am not a Buddhist and I do not subscribe to those beliefs so that one's out of the window.  If anyone's offended by whatever I said, be sure to read again, use the Private Message facility and express your viewpoint.

Take for example what Ron Atkinson said years ago on live commentary, well that's offensive, out of context, not subscribing to any lawful subscription.

You can dig all you like and stir what you will, but there's nothing in it.

Just to say that I myself have two cousins that have Down Syndrome Spain... I hate the fact I've brought that up but sometimes you're  pushed into going  natural instincts.  Maybe I'll PM myself to express my utmost disgust.

It's not. It's an overly simplified and bastardised version of viewpoints and concepts in Buddhism which are mostly mis-interpreted and mixed with weird New Age healing bullshit in the West either way; not to mention that there are various schools within Buddhism that hold different views about different matters. Whatever those views are though, reincarnation and Karma in Buddhist thought are not about punishment whatsoever and it's not meant to be understood in fatalistic terms.

It’s a pretty fucking shite belief, but that’s my opinion. I work with disabled people everyday and it’s pretty disgusting if you think all these kids are being punished because of some perceived evil in a past life. Maybe Glen Hoddle was a cunt previously and it just caught up with him............

What kind of 'karma' is it if the offending person has no idea what they've done and why they 'deserve' their disability? Doesn't matter where that belief comes from, it's repugnant and shouldn't be aired by the England Manager, he was rightfully sacked. Keep those beliefs to yourself when you're representing a country.

Having said that, I believe people can make a mistake and be forgiven for that mistake. Maybe Hoddle just articulated it badly (doesn't mean he shouldn't have been sacked) and I'd hope if he did mean well with it he'd have reflected on how awfully he came across.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's not. It's an overly simplified and bastardised version of viewpoints and concepts in Buddhism which are mostly mis-interpreted and mixed with weird New Age healing bullshit in the West either way; not to mention that there are various schools within Buddhism that hold different views about different matters. Whatever those views are though, reincarnation and Karma in Buddhist thought are not about punishment whatsoever and it's not meant to be understood in fatalistic terms.

Be it what it may, I am not versed on Buddhism... It's a religious belief that was manifested by someone who believes that doctrine be it bastardised or manipulated.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with his job and the coach of a national team isn't any different to any other job in the football career field.  It isn't a political job and it sure isn't a job relating to a leader of a faith.

This is I'd just nit-picking and I get it which is a whole different story which I'm about to solve.

Like I said, I don't subscribe to those beliefs be they or be they not altered in any way.  Something that with certain words has put me on the spot in that last post by Palace Fan.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Be it what it may, I am not versed on Buddhism... It's a religious belief that was manifested by someone who believes that doctrine be it bastardised or manipulated.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with his job and the coach of a national team isn't any different to any other job in the football career field.  It isn't a political job and it sure isn't a job relating to a leader of a faith.

This is I'd just nit-picking and I get it which is a whole different story which I'm about to solve.

Like I said, I don't subscribe to those beliefs be they or be they not altered in any way.  Something that with certain words has put me on the spot in that last post by Palace Fan.

If the England manager came out with comments saying that he believed women should be stoned to death if they commit adultery, they would be sacked. Just because something is believed by a lot of people doesn't make it acceptable or protected in anyway whatsoever. He is representing the country, he is bringing the FA into disrepute with such blatantly offensive comments. If he was at a club it would be a different manner as it's a private enterprise.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

Glen Hoddle is a Buddhist? xD Don't think so mate. His spiritual mentor is Eileen Drewery, a self-pronounced "faith healer" who equates herself with Jesus. Exactly the esoteric New Age-y bullshit I was talking about and nothing to do with any established religion. Whether or not it was right to sack him - I don't know and I don't care.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If the England manager came out with comments saying that he believed women should be stoned to death if they commit adultery, they would be sacked. Just because something is believed by a lot of people doesn't make it acceptable or protected in anyway whatsoever. He is representing the country, he is bringing the FA into disrepute with such blatantly offensive comments. If he was at a club it would be a different manner as it's a private enterprise.

It's not the same and you know it.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's not the same and you know it.

Yes it is, your logic is 'IT'S A BELIEF PROFESSED BY ESTABLISHED RELIGION' so therefore is legally protected (I had to laugh at how stupid that comment was). This is exactly the same. Don't take it out on others because your pseudo-intellectualism has embarrassed  you, yet again.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Glen Hoddle is a Buddhist? xD Don't think so mate. His spiritual mentor is Eileen Drewery, a self-pronounced "faith healer" who equates herself with Jesus. Exactly the esoteric New Age-y bullshit I was talking about and nothing to do with any established religion. Whether or not it was right to sack him - I don't know and I don't care.

He was reborn a Christian I think. He's just a bit of an oddball.

Why does that form of belief make anything bullshit?  All religions are born of a similar rhetoric and doctrine at birth. It's what he believes/believed.  The issue on whether or not he should or shouldn't have kept his job was relevant to the conversation and how it turned further up.  I thought it was Buddhism as it was related to reincarnation which is a fundamental part of their belief system if I'm not mistaken (there I don't know exactly neither do I really care).

If we're going to equate and judge footballers and football coaches on moral upstanding while subscribing to political correctness, then that path is very complexed with all sorts of connotations and possible outcomes... We can't just pick and choose which part personally offends us and even if we go down that route then every sentiment of each individual would have to be taken into consideration where taking offence is in question.  People can get offended by many many different things.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why does that form of belief make anything bullshit?  All religions are born of a similar rhetoric and doctrine at birth. It's what he believes/believed.  The issue on whether or not he should or shouldn't have kept his job was relevant to the conversation and how it turned further up.  I thought it was Buddhism as it was related to reincarnation which is a fundamental part of their belief system if I'm not mistaken (there I don't know exactly neither do I really care).

If we're going to equate and judge footballers and football coaches on moral upstanding while subscribing to political credit news, then that path is very complexed with all sorts of connotations and possible outcomes... We can't just pick and choose which part personally offends us and even if we go down that route then every sentiment of each individual would have to be taken into consideration where taking offence is in question.  People can get offended by many many different things.

Personally, I think all religions are bullshit yet I have a lot of time for Buddhism (the actual original teachings) as despite of it having all the trappings of a religion, it's also a philosophical and educational system that accepts, adapts and is compatible with modern science. Anyway that's going off topic. My gripe was that you appeared to defend Hoddle saying that he was just expressing a viewpoint of an established religion which he wasn't; he was expressing his own personal (and highly controversial for that matter) belief and being a public person in a position that has certain responsibilities, he faced consequences for it. As Stan and The Palace Fan said on numerous previous occasions, there's a right place and time for expressing one's personal opinions, and that was obviously not it.

Personally, I think all religions are bullshit yet I have a lot of time for Buddhism (the actual original teachings) as despite of it having all the trappings of a religion, it's also a philosophical and educational system that accepts, adapts and is compatible with modern science. Anyway that's going off topic. My gripe was that you appeared to defend Hoddle saying that he was just expressing a viewpoint of an established religion which he wasn't; he was expressing his own personal (and highly controversial for that matter) belief and being a public person in a position that has certain responsibilities, he faced consequences for it. As Stan and The Palace Fan said on numerous previous occasions, there's a right place and time for expressing one's personal opinions, and that was obviously not it.

People take what they want out of what someone says or writes in most spheres of life Nudge.  First and foremost nobody lives out a perfect life and all commit errors which is why we always have to go back to the crux of an argument and when it occurred to grasp the whole significance of how big something because out of the facts we had.  Many times (not all) a big scene is made out of something very small (not for you, but remember I said NOT every time).

As in the Helicopter crash (Leicester City) where I was cited, I ALWAYS maintained that it was a tragic disaster and that as a SIDE comment I said that this issue with some using helicopters (not including the emergency and policing services) in urban areas should be looked into.  Now, to say that is insensitive when right from the outset I included myself in the sentiments that this was tragic, I had words depicted making everything to seem out of context.

The same has happened here.

Where did I display and insensitive stance on disabled or mentally ill people?  WHERE!

I wasn't defending and  maintained that I didn't subscribe to Hoddle's words but disputed the mere fact that some things are seen as more important to turn into a circus and others aren't where we're talking morals and ethics.  Some believed that he should've been sacked at the time and others didn't but I bet all or 99% of people didn't subscribe to what Hoddle's said and almost certainly found it to be shocking... Shocking isn't or shouldn't be taking offence.

Anyway... Too much agenda seeking motivational rhetoric is being used.  I'm out of this stupid debate.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

People take what they want out of what someone says or writes in most spheres of life Nudge.  First and foremost nobody lives out a perfect life and all commit errors which is why we always have to go back to the crux of an argument and when it occurred to grasp the whole significance of how big something because out of the facts we had.  Many times (not all) a big scene is made out of something very small (not for you, but remember I said NOT every time).

As in the Helicopter crash (Leicester City) where I was cited, I ALWAYS maintained that it was a tragic disaster and that as a SIDE comment I said that this issue with some using helicopters (not including the emergency and policing services) in urban areas should be looked into.  Now, to say that is insensitive when right from the outset I included myself in the sentiments that this was tragic, I had words depicted making everything to seem out of context.

The same has happened here.

Where did I display and insensitive stance on disabled or mentally ill people?  WHERE!

I wasn't defending and  maintained that I didn't subscribe to Hoddle's words but disputed the mere fact that some things are seen as more important to turn into a circus and others aren't where we're talking morals and ethics.  Some believed that he should've been sacked at the time and others didn't but I bet all or 99% of people didn't subscribe to what Hoddle's said and almost certainly found it to be shocking... Shocking isn't or shouldn't be taking offence.

Anyway... Too much agenda seeking motivational rhetoric is being used.  I'm out of this stupid debate.

When I said there is a right time and place for expressing one's personal opinions/beliefs, I meant Hoddle, not you xD I don't think you did anything wrong in this topic and I think The Palace Fan's post towards you was a bit harsh. I did think your comment in the Helicopter crash topic was quite a bit out of place though. 

To be honest I only replied here because Buddhism was getting tarnished by misinterpretations as usual; and that's something that annoys me haha.

Archived