talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 12 Fixtures - 9th-11th November 2018

football forum

25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's quite telling when a brilliant isnvidiaul performance from Lionel Messi isn't enough for Barcelona to win games any more. With Alaves and Sevilla winning too there's no doubt that this is the most entertaining league to watch at the moment.

Unfortunately I can't see it lasting for more than one season. An Alteti title win will see Madrid and Barca pull their finger out in a similar fashion to what the top six did after Leicester pulled off their miracle. I hope I'm wrong though.

The thing is that these days Atlético winning the title isn’t a big feat considering they presently have a squad to rival the big two or anyone’s in Europe. The fact their season has been all over the place so far with Simeone’s best ever squad is more than just strange.

The great thing about this season so far though is that almost anyone can win it and if it managed to be any other club other than the three, then it’d be tremendous. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The thing is that these days Atlético winning the title isn’t a big feat considering they presently have a squad to rival the big two or anyone’s in Europe. The fact their season has been all over the place so far with Simeone’s best ever squad is more than just strange.

The great thing about this season so far though is that almost anyone can win it and if it managed to be any other club other than the three, then it’d be tremendous. 

As tremendous as Roy Makaay and Deportivo in 2000?

31 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

As tremendous as Roy Makaay and Deportivo in 2000?

The thing with Deportivo when they finally won it was that they had been flirting with winning the title and finishing in Champions League spots for a considerable amount of time.

The league was different then and there were all sorts of serious challengers for the title like Valencia and even Real Sociedad should’ve done better then. 

20 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It would be Sevilla if anyone I'd say and you know what? I wouldn't be THAT shocked if they did as they have won nearly everything else(other than the champs league) over the past 15 or whatever years  and even flirted with winning La Liga on a few occasions in the past. Obviously it would be a massive achievement and still a shock, although I wouldn't be shocked in the sense that I was when Leicester won the Prem, or if someone like Espanyol were to win La Liga this season.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It would be Sevilla if anyone I'd say and you know what? I wouldn't be THAT shocked if they did as they have won nearly everything else(other than the champs league) over the past 15 or whatever years  and even flirted with winning La Liga on a few occasions in the past. Obviously it would be a massive achievement and still a shock, although I wouldn't be shocked in the sense that I was when Leicester won the Prem, or if someone like Espanyol were to win La Liga this season.

Sevilla have everything to be able to do it although injuries can be their downfall as the difference in level between their top 14 or 15 players then drops radically.  Espanyol will fade away mate and for me we should be looking at Valencia because they have an even better XI than Sevilla with questions needing to be asked.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Sevilla have everything to be able to do it although injuries can be their downfall as the difference in level between their top 14 or 15 players then drops radically.  Espanyol will fade away mate and for me we should be looking at Valencia because they have an even better XI than Sevilla with questions needing to be asked.

Valencia easily have the 4th best team on paper in the league and also have a manager who I've always rated, so I would have expected much more from them this season, not just in the league, but in the Champs league.

To be honest, Real Betis themselves should be doing better with the team they have, they are also making some excellent signings these days of players you would expect to go to "bigger" clubs. But having to juggle both the league and the Europa league can be tough.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Valencia easily have the 4th best team on paper in the league and also have a manager who I've always rated, so I would have expected much more from them this season, not just in the league, but in the Champs league.

To be honest, Real Betis themselves should be doing better with the team they have, they are also making some excellent signings these days of players you would expect to go to "bigger" clubs. But having to juggle both the league and the Europa league can be tough.

Betis have what for me is a god in the shape of Quique Setién... Maybe I'm a bit biased in the sense that Setién brought CD Lugo out of nothingness into nearly being promoted to Elysium (La Liga) on several occasions.  But he is regarded as the next big thing in management in Spain.  They have a fantastic team and a rejuvenated Joaquín that knows football inside out.  I'd loooove to see Betis have a magnificent season.

Archived