talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

South American Federations To Be Suspended

football forum

I can't find a good source, but on Twitter there has been official letters by FIFA that the Peruvian and Uruguayan federations are at risk of being suspended because of a new law at least in the former, that intervenes with the football federations. As such, FIFA are not joking around.

I can't speak for Uruguay, but as for Peru, it's inevitable that they are going to suspend us. I love my country, but the people here are a joke. They want the federation to be suspended because they want our president out and to bring "balance" to the football and "justice" to the country, even though it is only one person, not realizing what harm it could do to our economy.

I'm sticking by Peruvian footy in the good and the bad, but I've gotten a lot of shit for "not respecting others opinions" in this situation, and that's only because anyone who wants the federation to be suspended is a fuckwit.

I want to see them once Gareca and Paolo Guerrero decide to take off.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's the new law threatening Peru and Uruguay?

Apparently there have been some changes in FIFA's guidelines but I haven't asked in depth. Not sure about Uruguay but in Peru our president has been accused of assasin, so the congress are trying to pass a law to get him out for abuse of power. This new law will get us suspended, some people didn't want to believe it but FIFA has made it very clear that if the law passes we are out.

As for Uruguay, they had FIFA intervene with their federation after the World Cup but I'm not exactly sure the depth of their issues.

Archived