talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

football forum

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

8.3 in imdb so far, and I've written some really positive headlines. Probably going to watch it on Sunday. But I don't care, I'm going to have Jesse Pinkman in my life again for 2 more hours. That's all I want. 

If you read the BBC review... they view it negatively because of a load of political bullshit. So once I stopped my eyes from rolling around my head and cursing the person who bothered to write it, I'm looking forward to watching it. I'll probably also watch it tomorrow at some point.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you read the BBC review... they view it negatively because of a load of political bullshit. So once I stopped my eyes from rolling around my head and cursing the person who bothered to write it, I'm looking forward to watching it. I'll probably also watch it tomorrow at some point.

I've read some reviews btw, I haven't written them. Bit of a typo there. But yea, looking forward to it still :P

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There’s virtually no politics referenced in it at all. 

Its a good film. A must watch for breaking bad fans. Will leave it at that. 

It was unnecessary and it doesn't stand up on it's own when seperated from the series but I don't think it was designed to. Overall it felt like more of a long episode of Breaking Bad rather than a movie. Was still a good watch that served to remind you how good the series was. 7/10

On 12/10/2019 at 00:55, Dr. Gonzo said:

Politics? The fuck? xD There was none of that present.

I'm assuming that they saw guns and thought that this was a propaganda piece for the NRA... in which case they're dumb as fuck.

15 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Politics? The fuck? xD There was none of that present.

I'm assuming that they saw guns and thought that this was a propaganda piece for the NRA... in which case they're dumb as fuck.

They say Breaking Bad is from an era where bad men get away with things and try to tie it in to the MeToo shite, it’s ridiculous tbh

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They say Breaking Bad is from an era where bad men get away with things and try to tie it in to the MeToo shite, it’s ridiculous tbh

What the fuck? Obviously someone who's stuck in a MeToo bubble where everything that happens must somehow be related to the MeToo movement. 

It was pretty disappointing to be honest. I can just remember realising there was 20 minutes left of the film and thinking "not much has even happened yet".

The idea was great as I always wanted to know what happened to Jesse, but it wasn't as good as expected in the end.

Thinking of it, I'd say that a limited series called "Jesse Pinkman", following on from after Breaking Bad may have worked better.

Watched it and loved it. I mean, there was nothing to complain there. It was meant to be a closure regarding Jessie and we got just that. And a believable story. 

The only weird thing was seeing Robert Foster in it, few minutes after reading about his death. I liked him in Last Man Standing, Descendants and Jackie Brown. 

54 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Watched it, loved it. It was as i expected. Jesse to finally have a glimmer of hope and happiness after everything. It was bloody good to see the characters again, biiiiitch.

Perfectly summed up. People should stop nitpicking. Some things seemed off because it has been a while, but we got closure and a happy ending for Jesse who we all loved. And we got to see a bunch of beloved characters again. Must have been a blast to shoot this movie. 

Archived