'Mass shooting' reported at California bar

football forum

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, another shooting|| 

US & Canada

Thousand Oaks: 'Mass shooting' reported at California bar

13 minutes ago

_104224807_california.jpg

Police say they are responding to reports of a mass shooting at a bar in Thousand Oaks, California.

Multiple people have been injured at the Borderline Bar and Grill, but it is not yet clear if there are fatalities.

Footage broadcast on local media showed people being carried away from the scene, apparently with gunshot injuries.

Police have asked people to stay away from the area as they respond.

The bar was hosting a college country music night on Wednesday, according to its website.

_104224808_156693b6-67d6-4a45-9829-1a750

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46135459

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't you live in Cali?

Yeah San Diego though. Another mass shooting in America doesn’t even feel like news to me anymore, this comes to mind: https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1830073842 - mass shootings will happen in a country that takes gun rights more seriously than preventing mass shooting. All because the 2nd Amendment had them scared the English will come back to America. Yet here I am in America and all they’re doing with their guns is shooting each other instead of sending me back home.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Americans did full year tours, not 6 months like us. It’s absolutely no wonder they get these PTSD riddled ex servicemen going off the deep end and murdering people 

And we had 4 days R&R (Rest & Recreation) in between, mind you, we would fly home and go to the local boozer on the first nights leave and get pissed as newts, it took me 2 days to sober up before I flew back to my tour of duty lol.   

The US military have actually got half decent psychological screening that can identify those who are high risk of developing PTSD. This is probably post this particular shooters tour. The upcoming issue is what the military then do with that information. At present they tailor resilience skills programmes to the soldier but this isn't yet a proven technique. Of course they can't just kick someone out of the army or deny their tour based on probability of contracting PTSD in healthy individuals, not least because soldiers would start trying to cheat the tests.

Archived