talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham - Saturday 10th November, 2018

football forum

• Administrator

Live on BT Sport

Kick-off 17.30

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png     VS     e6df9075f2a3dca8eda72d87d90cf4f6.jpg

Head to Head
Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham
Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 0-1 Crystal Palace

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuned into the second half and within a 5 minute period I saw Palace's defensive line basically a yard in front of Hennessey. Palace clear the ball to just past the halfway line, with no Palace player within 30 yards of the ball when it lands. Next Spurs attack, they get a corner and Palace concede a Sunday league type goal from the set piece.  What's the point? xD

Push up and have a go for fuck sake.

I thought in an even game we were unfortunate. We were organised and often put our foot in, but we let ourselves down with a lapse of concentration. When Spurs scored I couldn't believe what had happened. It felt like that ball was in the air for about four seconds before it was headed in. I couldn't believe everybody switched off.

I think our big problem is that our starting eleven on paper is a very good one, but other than that the rest of the squad is very weak and would struggle in The Championship. In fact I'd go as far as saying our second eleven would get relegated in The Championship. Ayew and Sorloth looked so out of their depth I just felt sorry for Andros Townsend.

On a side note, shout out to Sissoko. I thought he was absolutely brilliant for Spurs. Strong, powerful, quick and showed off his technique a lot of the time.

12 hours ago, Rick said:

Your big problem is not having a fucking striker.

We have strikers. They're just shite. Ayew I'm pretty sure was signed to be nothing more than a body and Sorloth tries but is far too limited. I prefer Benteke to both.

I think what's stopping there being a bottom 12 league again is the sides 13th and above have a striker that can score.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Sorloth was such an odd signing. Should have buried that chance late on.

I said that at the time. Yet even when he was running to goal I had no confidence he would score when he had about nine tenths of the goal to aim that. We had the chance to get back what we paid for him this summer which is something I think we will regret. It seems like a poor signing from Dougie Greedman who I don't think has made one successful signing since his arrival.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham - Saturday 10th November, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived