Newcastle Newcastle 15:00 Bournemouth Bournemouth

Southampton Southampton 15:00 Watford Watford

SUNDAY 11th NOVEMBER, 2018
Arsenal  Arsenal 16:30 Wolves Wolves

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This game is gonna be an emotional one, for sure. For the fans for definite and for players/staff with it being our first home game since the tragedy.

Going a bit earlier to pay respects and then the tributes pre-match which are planned by the club are gonna be tough to get through, no doubt.

We need to show the same spirit as last week as to come away from that game with a win is hugely impressive given what they've been through.  

Maddison and Maguire out through injury. Bad enough one key player being out but to have these two out will be big and could give some kind of psychological advantage for Burnley to take in to the game.

Reckon we'll line up as:

Schmeichel

Pereira - Morgan - Evans - Chilwell

Albrighton - Mendy - Ndidi - Gray

Iheanacho

Vardy

Could see Simpson back as Puel likes to play Pereira further up. Was good to see Simpson play last week after Amartey's injury so wouldn't surprise me if he at least makes the bench. 

• Subscriber

It's going to be like last week's game but on a larger scale, obviously with a lot more of our fans there and of course, the area where the disaster actually took place.

Remembrance fixture is usually a pretty emotional one as it is but this is going to be like no other.

What's refreshing is I think the fans will be right behind the team for this. I think in the last couple of years we've gone from a fanbase who genuinely got behind our side to one of these overly demanding, dreary moany fanbases especially at home games and we've got a pretty shit atmosphere as a result of that. On Saturday I expect that to change.

Burnley used to come here and sneak a win every single year but it's actually been a long time since they came here and won now. They've failed to get a win here since 2007 - in-fact, exactly 11 years to the day of Saturday's game. They've not tasted victory here in 7 attempts.

I actually do think we'll win the game. Maguire and Maddison are both big misses for us although I thought we were OK without the former for most of the game at Cardiff, and the latter's gone a little quiet lately.

Burnley have been very uncharacteristically leaky defensively lately and I don't expect that to continue.

1-0 to us. Make him proud again.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

This game is gonna be an emotional one, for sure. For the fans for definite and for players/staff with it being our first home game since the tragedy.

Going a bit earlier to pay respects and then the tributes pre-match which are planned by the club are gonna be tough to get through, no doubt.

We need to show the same spirit as last week as to come away from that game with a win is hugely impressive given what they've been through.  

Maddison and Maguire out through injury. Bad enough one key player being out but to have these two out will be big and could give some kind of psychological advantage for Burnley to take in to the game.

Reckon we'll line up as:

Schmeichel

Pereira - Morgan - Evans - Chilwell

Albrighton - Mendy - Ndidi - Gray

Iheanacho

Vardy

Could see Simpson back as Puel likes to play Pereira further up. Was good to see Simpson play last week after Amartey's injury so wouldn't surprise me if he at least makes the bench. 

That'd probably be my team as well. Morgan and Evans have actually looked decent together. Morgan and Maguire I don't think has ever really worked but Morgan and Evans, despite the lack of pace there seems to be more of an understanding. I maintain Morgan's been missing Huth a lot.

Ricardo and Albrighton is a truly bizarre right side. The winger is better at defending than the full back and the full back is a better attacker than the winger xD

This makes me laugh 

Last week we were supposed to have a minutes silence for the Leicester owner but some wallys in the John Hall started clapping. Then as they stopped some wallys in the Gallowgate started clapping and it just spread. Eventually a good third of the stadium were clapping ffs :dam:

A real life lesson/experiment in social mirroring.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

As if tomorrow wasn't already going to be one hell of an occasion, it's expected that Cambiasso will be there along with Ranieri, Shakespeare and Pearson :x

This is going to be a pretty special occasion. Now watch Burnley ruin everything xD

• Administrator

As expected, many a tear shed in the lead up to the game. Went to pay respects at the memorial again and then inside the ground when the Vichai video montage came on, as well as the two minutes silence, couldn't hold the tears back. 

Nearly got going again post match when Top came out with his brother to say thanks for the support. 

The result again didn't really matter like last week but having said that, I felt we had the better chances to win. Burnley came for the draw, for sure. Vardy had one off the line, Ghezzal hit the bar, Evans went close with a header. Nearly scored in the 60th minute when the applause for Vichai was being done but Vardy fluffed it. 

Glad for an international break for once. Two weeks time for some of our players to rest and relax. Much needed after a mentally draining two weeks no doubt. 

Never been prouder of my club though and the way they've handled the last two weeks. Done everything with dignity, respect and so much care. 

• Subscriber

In all seriousness, no they didn't ruin everything. The tributes before and after were both stunning and it's surreal seeing both Pearson and Ranieri together too. A genuinely touching experience.

It's a shame we couldn't get the win, and from a footballing point of view it was yet another poor home game, but other things were the forefront today.

Another big performance from the players and fans alike. Really open game again this week. Could have been 4-4. We are all fighting hard to turn this around. Hopefully we can build on these wins.

We need 11 points from the next 7 to be at the half way target of 20. 

On 09/11/2018 at 16:12, Harvsky said:

This makes me laugh 

Last week we were supposed to have a minutes silence for the Leicester owner but some wallys in the John Hall started clapping. Then as they stopped some wallys in the Gallowgate started clapping and it just spread. Eventually a good third of the stadium were clapping ffs :dam:

We had a one minute silence yesterday but nobody told the people that do the music in the drinking section in the away end (for some reason the club are trying to make it like ibiza). So all you could hear for a minute was Darude Sandstorm.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

We had a one minute silence yesterday but nobody told the people that do the music in the drinking section in the away end (for some reason the club are trying to make it like ibiza). So all you could hear for a minute was Darude Sandstorm.

We had exactly that happen but with Kungs - This Girl. You want to somehow get it off but you can't actually shout turn it off. Think it was just quite unfortunate really.

• Subscriber

If one week could encapsulate the performance of the officiating in the league this season, it would have to be this one. Sol Bamba makes a save on the line to deny a goal, which should be a penalty and a red card for Bamba. In the same game, Demarai Gray is given a yellow card after taking his shirt off after scoring a goal.

The following week, should be suspended Sol Bamba scores an injury time offside winner, takes his shirt off and isn't booked.

Utterly incompetent I'm afraid.

On 09/11/2018 at 16:12, Harvsky said:

This makes me laugh 

Only at Newcastle :D

• Administrator

Just seen Southampton's 2nd goal disallowed and the reason for Austin fuming after the game. Can totally understand that. Absolutely farcical decision. Laughable actually. Not sure how officials got that wrong and I feel like I'm saying that too often these days. 

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen Southampton's 2nd goal disallowed and the reason for Austin fuming after the game. Can totally understand that. Absolutely farcical decision. Laughable actually. Not sure how officials got that wrong and I feel like I'm saying that too often these days. 

Do think Austin's rant, while funny, and quite refreshing, is completely overlooking the fact Watford should've had a penalty that would've likely seen Southampton reduced to 10 men, at 1-0 - significantly changing the game and meaning the Austin chance probably never occurs.

I can't tell if the officiating has nosedived or if I've just gotten too harsh, but I'm not the only one saying it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived