• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Fulham - Sunday 11th November, 2018

football forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's first thing on a Sunday morning on remembrance day. It was hardly going to be bouncing. 

I think its partly the game as well. Liverpool don't really look that bothered. Like they think if we need to score we can. Which is true to be fair

Loved the Salah chance in the first half. Interplay with firmino was my highlight of the game and like the Liverpool of last season...

A bit concerned by Fabinho again today. When we have possession he just struggles to link in cohesively when we're moving the ball up the pitch. 

P.s Where does Keita fit in our current formation with only two CMs? 

Won't be easy to revert to the midfield 3 with shaqiri playing as he is. continuing to put runs on the board. He might not even be the one of the attacking four you'd drop on current form.....

Shaqiri needs to start games now. He's in form and has shown himself to be more effective right now than the rest of our attackers. Fabinho shouldn't be playing games like today, he's far too much of a DM and it shows when he was expected to ping balls about. He definitely has a role to play in the squad, but in games where we are going to be on the ball for the majority he needs to be replaced by Henderson or Keita.

• Subscriber

I didn't think we were fantastic at all yesterday and to be far Fulham did create some good chances but in the end they just lost the steam they had built up so well in the first half. Sessegnon was the most wasteful of the lost with an open chance but you have to give credit where its due and the counter was way too quick for them to even deal with. 

The good news yesterday is someone kicked Robbo in the back before he started the second half because he was once again a dog off a leash. Probably the best player on the day for me because his energy and chasing are just unreal. And I also agree that Shaqiri needs to be starting more games for us especially in situations where the opposition want to shut the door by being ultra defensive. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Fulham - Sunday 11th November, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

I think Fulham deserve a lot of credit for the way they played. They made things difficult for Liverpool and went at them at times. If they keep up performances like that I'm confident that Jokanovic can turn the corner. It doesn't look like the players have given up on him.

As for Liverpool the rotation of players shows the difference in depth from this season to last season. Last season it would have been Solanke or Ings coming in for Shaqiri, and they probably would have dropped step points given the match Fulham gave them.

Really it should bode well to allow them to be more competitive in Europe regardless of the Red Star and Napoli results.

Archived