Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Chelsea 0-0 Everton - Sunday 11th November, 2018

Kick-off 14.15

Live on Sky Sports

Image result for chelsea badge     VS     everton.PNG

Head to Head
Everton 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2-1 Everton (EFL Cup)
Chelsea 2-0 Everton
Everton 0-3 Chelsea
Chelsea 5-0 Everton

Heard Richarlison may be a doubt for Everton 

Morata

Hazard-----------------Pedro

Kovacic---Kante

Jorginho

Alonso----Luiz---Ruidger---Dave

Kepa 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Heard Richarlison may be a doubt for Everton 

Morata

Hazard-----------------Pedro

Kovacic---Kante

Jorginho

Alonso----Luiz---Ruidger---Dave

Kepa 

Big bonus for you if that's the case.

Is Hazard definitely going to play? Considering him as my captain...

Some Everton fans were singing on the tube I was just on, two of them started singing "Kenny Dalglish is a homosexual", none of the others joined in, just down to the last homophobes left in football.

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Some Everton fans were singing on the tube I was just on, two of them started singing "Kenny Dalglish is a homosexual", none of the others joined in, just down to the last homophobes left in football.

It's 'stinks of piss' now. 

I know you get people sneering at it for some bizarre reason but you literally aren't allowed to slide tackle anymore are you? That's an absolute joke decision.

Feels like Everton have 12 out. Very well organised. 

Luiz is screwing us 

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I know you get people sneering at it for some bizarre reason but you literally aren't allowed to slide tackle anymore are you? That's an absolute joke decision.

BuT rEfErEs MaKe ThE rIgHt CaLl NiNeTy FiVe PeR cEnT oF tHe TiMe AnD tHe StAnDaRd Of ReFeReEiNg In ThIs CoUnTrY HAs NeVeR bEeN hIGhEr. 

Alonso with the ankle breaker on Walcott two feet in front of the fourth official. No foul :whistling:.

I quite rate Everton under Silva. Think they'll comfortably get 7th.

Easily our worst ever half under Sarri. Touch and passing just isnt there. Combine that with a slow tempo and you get yourself this mess. 

Everton have done well. They have a clear gameplan and our players are struggling to find a rhythm 

Such a niggly match this. Didn't get enough of a replay of that Bernard/Rudiger incident to know whether Bernard took too much of an unnecessary risk sticking his head in but lol at Rudiger going down like that, best get checked for concussion getting assaulted like that by a giant like Bernard xD.

As for the football, we've done okay, well-organised and Mina has slotted in just fine in a difficult game to come in, but I don't get the praise of some people. We don't exactly look like scoring apart from those early set pieces (which we never score from anyway), and it looks like a lot of other Chelsea games I've seen this season where you feel like they'll eventually find a moment of quality and get the opening goal.

In other words it's perfectly set up for Barkley to come off the bench and score with his first touch.

• Upvote 1

Very risky from Mina there but looked like a six of one half a dozen of the other just about.

Bernard had more time than he thought O.o.

Willian inches away, game really opening up.

• Upvote 1

Exactly why we aren't title contenders. This undefeated title is getting old quick. 

It must be really irritating for Everton fans to have to listen to Carragher. How many times does he bring up that they're not in the "big 6" and that their recent seasons are "poor"

That's a good result, well done lads. Chelsea weren't at their best today but their team is better than ours in every position with a few that are up for debate and they still could easily have won. Alonso and Willian were inches away and Hazard could have tucked that outside of right foot finish away on another day. Just brings home how hard it is to end this mad run of not winning away at the top six.

Very resilient and organised performance from us. I'm sure if we had Mourinho or Moyes as manager everyone would be calling it cowardly and small time but that's the football hive mind for you. Because we have a Portuguese manager and Brazilian players everyone will say we "had a go" because we ventured into their half half a dozen times.

I'm happy though, can't complain at that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

It must be really irritating for Everton fans to have to listen to Carragher. How many times does he bring up that they're not in the "big 6" and that their recent seasons are "poor"

I've said it before I don't rate charragher at all. He was banging on about spurs the other day not spending money when we all know why. Simple minded and talks a lot of shit

Is the scoreline reflective of the nature of the match? i.e was it a boring 0-0 draw or not? 

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Alonso wasnt a red. Jorginho debatable 

Alonso completely accidental, an unlucky collision, whether the referee saw it or just showed some common sense it was a yellow max. Jorginho could have been a red based on recent (wrong) decisions but in reality a yellow was the right call. Too many straight reds these days, its a farce having all the half time analysis centre around whether Mina, Jorginho and Alonso should all have had red cards in the first half alone. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is the scoreline reflective of the nature of the match? i.e was it a boring 0-0 draw or not? 

Wasn't too boring but there weren't a huge amount of chances either.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

That's a good result, well done lads. Chelsea weren't at their best today but their team is better than ours in every position with a few that are up for debate and they still could easily have won. Alonso and Willian were inches away and Hazard could have tucked that outside of right foot finish away on another day. Just brings home how hard it is to end this mad run of not winning away at the top six.

Very resilient and organised performance from us. I'm sure if we had Mourinho or Moyes as manager everyone would be calling it cowardly and small time but that's the football hive mind for you. Because we have a Portuguese manager and Brazilian players everyone will say we "had a go" because we ventured into their half half a dozen times.

I'm happy though, can't complain at that.

Far from cowardly in my eyes mate and I'd be the first to comment on it if it was, that wasn't negative at all from you lot, best coached Everton team I've seen come here in years. You had some chances to win the game as well. Manager who had clearly done his homework and who also adapted extremely well when his side come under the cosh in the second half. You played with a middle block and made the game concentrated in certain areas, we were forced sideways a lot and lacked any vertical passing. I thought Hazard played well today but we couldn't get him on the ball regularly enough which was down to your tactics. Everything was well prepared from your point of view and this is the first home game (maybe this season) where I wasn't quietly believing / thinking that we were going to go on and win the game. We gave away a lot of free kicks and were forced to make longer passes in an attempt to open up the game, most of which were forced due to a lack of ideas and options. This highlighted our frustration and desperation at times.

• Upvote 1

As for us, I saw what Sarri said after the game. Very slow on the ball for the first 30 minutes, this again originates from the centre backs. We started to move the ball quicker and play with a bit more intensity as the first half went on and hence found some space because of this. Second half we had a decent period of playing with good intensity and where we had Everton on the ropes and maybe on another day we would of scored but I feel because of a number of factors, our changes, Marco Silva's adjustments and a lot of our players being a bit below their usual standards, we couldn't maintain that period (like we normally do) and go on and win the game.

Some other random points:

• Not sure why Willian keeps starting as Pedro would have been useful today with his movement and his runs in behind particularly with Everton defending higher than most teams do when they come here. 
  • Morata moaning again.
  • Our full backs aren't good enough.
  • Our squad needs that injection of quality in a number of positions to take it to another level, full back, attacking player for the right hand side to complement Hazard, and we're still working out the third midfield position.
  • Everton were very good but we didn't help ourselves with a lack of tempo.
  • Our right hand side in attack is pretty tragic to watch at times, Azpi, Kanté and Willian. Taking away the fact that Willian performs well about one game in eight, I feel his more at home playing on the left hand side anyway with that typical cutting inside he does from that side.
  • Upvote 1

Just seen this clip. 

Not seen many other match highlights for the weekend but Morgan got booked for clearly getting the ball yet Jorginho escapes a red card for a dirty and reckless tackle like this xD

That is a shameful decision not to show him red there. Totally misses the ball, in from the side/back, both feet off the ground, 'out of control'. By the letter of the law that should be a red.