talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Handed Two Year Academy Transfer Ban

Everton have been handed a two-year academy transfer ban after being found guilty of breaking Premier League rules.

The Premier League said it had received evidence alleging that "Everton Academy staff offered inducements to a player and his family to encourage the player to register with the club".

Everton immediately admitted to the allegations, the Premier League said, with the club's own internal investigation finding similar misconduct had occurred in relation to six other Academy players.

"In certain cases, it was found that the club provided false information to the League when questions had previously been raised about the circumstances in which Academy players registered with the club," the Premier League said.

Everton will pay a fine of £500,000 and pay additional compensation payments to the former clubs of two Academy players.

The club said they were "extremely disappointed with some of the practices we have found which are not in line with our values".

An Everton statement said: "We have already commenced a full review of our Academy operations and are committed to ensuring that issues like this do not happen again at Everton."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think we should get a points deduction really.

In seriousness, someone's head will roll for this presumably. Can't complain about the ban, hopefully we can still focus on producing the young lads who have been acquired legally.

• Administrator

Don't all clubs do this, or have reported to have done in the past?

Not researched this but didn't Barca offer loads of incentives to Messi's family so that they could persuade him to move there?

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not researched this but didn't Barca offer loads of incentives to Messi's family so that they could persuade him to move there?

Premier League rules.

Its part of the protection against leaving youngsters high and dry if the club want to get rid. Guessing also to do with stopping young talent being poached from bigger clubs further afield.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Premier League rules.

Its part of the protection against leaving youngsters high and dry if the club want to get rid. Guessing also to do with stopping young talent being poached from bigger clubs further afield.

Didn’t stop Liverpool poaching Raheem Sterling

On 08/11/2018 at 22:07, Stan said:

On 09/11/2018 at 07:01, True Blue said:

This is so a Chelsea thing

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

I was going to say I can't believe that clubs like Chelsea, City etc are not guilty of the same thing.... Don't try and tell me that Everton are the only ones because that would be a crock of shit.. 

18 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I was going to say I can't believe that clubs like Chelsea, City etc are not guilty of the same thing.... Don't try and tell me that Everton are the only ones because that would be a crock of shit.. 

Well we were banned for the transfer of Gael Kakuta back in the day, but it was taken off as there was no proof of us breaching any rules.

Archived