talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Are Manchester United Better With Marouane Fellaini?

skysports-marouane-fellaini_4479788.jpg?

The last person the Juventus defence wanted to see make his way off the Manchester United bench. Fellaini proved to be a nuisance in the box and made a big contribution to Manchester United's comeback last night. This begs the question... Is respect for his contributions long overdue?

@Teso dos Bichos @DeadLinesman @Redcanuck @Salford Kel @robosys @Fusion @R-D @CaaC - John

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 08/11/2018 at 23:05, Harry said:

he's worth having around as a plan B imo. But they'd be better off working on a better and more effective plan A.

As @Harry said "he's worth having around as a plan B" and that's about it from me, the big man can be a liability and is a red card man awaiting, he is a lumbering giant and only joined United thank's to a certain Moyes, if United never had Moyes as manager after SAF we would not have had the tree, then again SAF needs a kick up the arse for recommending Moyes as his successor.  

On 2 September 2013, Moyes signed Marouane Fellaini on a four-year contract, with the option of extension of another season, reuniting with his former player in a £27.5 million deadline day deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyes

6 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

As @Harry said "he's worth having around as a plan B" and that's about it from me, the big man can be a liability and is a red card man awaiting, he is a lumbering giant and only joined United thank's to a certain Moyes, if United never had Moyes as manager after SAF we would not have had the tree, then again SAF needs a kick up the arse for recommending Moyes as his successor.  

On 2 September 2013, Moyes signed Marouane Fellaini on a four-year contract, with the option of extension of another season, reuniting with his former player in a £27.5 million deadline day deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Moyes

Didn’t Moyes also wait too long to sign him, as he had a clause that would have made him cheaper if a CL club came in for him by a certain date? And he should have known that... because he was Everton’s manager.

But that’s something I heard from my blueshite mates, no idea if it’s true.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn’t Moyes also wait too long to sign him, as he had a clause that would have made him cheaper if a CL club came in for him by a certain date? And he should have known that... because he was Everton’s manager.

But that’s something I heard from my blueshite mates, no idea if it’s true.

Do you believe this what Moyes said? I don't if he didn't want Fellaini as his first signing what the fuck did he sign him for. :whistling:

Moyes: I didn't want Fellaini to be my first signing at Man Utd

The Scotsman claims he was looking at landing Nemanja Matic but instead raided former club Everton for the Belgium international

David Moyes has revealed he did not want Marouane Fellaini to be his first signing as Manchester United manager.

Moyes moved to the Red Devils from Everton in 2013 and brought Fellaini with him, forking out £27.5 million for the Belgium international.

However, the Scotsman claims he was actually looking to sign Nemanja Matic but ended up capturing Fellaini instead on transfer deadline day.

"You can ask my staff - the last thing I wanted was for Marouane Fellaini to be my first signing," Moyes told Radio 5 live.

"I knew, coming from my old club, the look was never going to be good.

"I've got to say we looked at Matic as well. He hadn't done well for Chelsea and had gone back to Benfica.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/moyes-i-didnt-want-fellaini-to-be-my-first-signing-at-man/i5kyoh882w9z1swea2l2nqxd1

• Subscriber

Gets so much hate but he's nowhere near the liability that he's made out to be. I'm not saying for a second that he's world class or even of the calibre that United should be aiming for, but there's nothing wrong with having a game changing player who just doesn't happen to fit the mould of a sexy technical midfield player. Everton and Manchester United have both won numerous games over the years that they might not have won if they didn't have Fellaini as an option. For Belgium, you only have to go to the World Cup Last 16 match against Japan where again he was instrumental in turning the game around for his team.

People don't like him because he's a clumsy and/or dirty cunt against their team, fair enough, and some of his own fans don't want to see him on the pitch as he's a symbol of Mourinho's pragmatism over style which a lot of people don't seem to like. I get that too, given that I wanted Sam Allardyce out of our club last year despite him achieving relatively good results for us in getting us from the bottom half to finish 8th with one of the most unbalanced squads I've ever seen at Everton.

However, he's not as bad as people make out. Compare the amount of stick he gets compared to say Alexis Sanchez who has been nothing but a waste of a shirt for 90% of his time at United yet because he's a small, technical South American player who openly acts like he's world class, everyone says it's because Mourinho can't get the best out of attacking players like him. Go figure.

Archived