talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sky Sports Leeds

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds United were on television more times than Wolves last season so that list doesn't surprise me. The sooner they get out that league the better it is for everybody. It's better for them, for Premier League fans, for Leeds fans across the world, for the media, for the players, and for the teams in The Championship who will get more television exposure.

Not sure why people are shocked/angered/upset etc by this or the fact Manchester United get all their cup games televised. It’s all down to viewing figures and Leeds are about somewhere between the sixth and tenth most watched sides in the country when televised, so Sky are always going to look at getting them on. 

It's bloody annoying to be frank because over 46 games, we won't get many 3pm's amongst that lot. Especially when it ruins some away days but that doesnt seem to stop people travelling.

West Brom away Saturday will be our 17th game of the season. Only 4 of those 17 have been 3pm games.

The other 13 have been on TV with 9 of them being a 'chosen' game by Sky and 4 offered as a red button match choice.

This is sadly just the way tje game is going know, many others in the same boat.

And its not even like you earn much being televised in the Championship, it's actually peanuts for the upheaval it causes.

I can understand why some people who don't support us might get bent out of shape over it but its nothing new. It is what it is and it'll probably be that way till we find a way out this hole. 

Obviously the Bielsa factor is a massive one now. He's brought a lot of global attention to us to the point I'd happily admit, I underestimated just how popular and well thought of he is.

5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not sure why people are shocked/angered/upset etc by this or the fact Manchester United get all their cup games televised. It’s all down to viewing figures and Leeds are about somewhere between the sixth and tenth most watched sides in the country when televised, so Sky are always going to look at getting them on. 

Lies. We had at least one game off tv last year 😎

Archived