talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Travel Films

football forum

So I'm off on another trip in January, and possibly AGAIN in March. I've always watched travel videos as a hobby, particularly from one Youtuber who makes travel films, and of course my production quality is nowhere near his, but I decided to copy his style leaving him as the inspiration. I'll probably alter my style next time to differentiate as I made it too similar last time around.

This is not a coming soon thread though, I already have one travel video out which is 42 minutes and just like Dickie left his channel here, I will as well. My last trip was to Terrace and I recorded it all. I'll leave it here as well as my next one.

I'll probably make a thumbnail for it soon.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Blue said:

Just finished watching it, actually found it enjoyable. Definitely a good start :) Some sound/volume issues there, but that's often the case in most such videos... The village part was probably the most interesting to me.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

Just finished watching it, actually found it enjoyable. Definitely a good start :) Some sound/volume issues there, but that's often the case in most such videos... The village part was probably the most interesting to me.

Thanks! I was worried I stretched a few parts a bit too much. Glad you enjoyed it :) 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

@nudge how can I improve that graphic?

I unfortunately can't paint the map at this point, but I'm asking for the actual video itself when I have to redo it.

Increase the resolution :ph34r:

Nah the only thing that comes to mind is putting circles (or any other shape) on that travel line next to the the city names so that your actual stops are better visualised? 

Something like this:

e9UuQ7n.png

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

Increase the resolution :ph34r:

Nah the only thing that comes to mind is putting circles (or any other shape) on that travel line next to the the city names so that your actual stops are better visualised? 

Something like this:

e9UuQ7n.png

I'm trying to add a waving flag, but this keeps happening xD

I'll get it fixed eventually

ae1c76e54ca8dcb64ee77e1bd789357d.gif

On 09/11/2018 at 13:58, Blue said:

So I'm off on another trip in January, and possibly AGAIN in March. I've always watched travel videos as a hobby, particularly from one Youtuber who makes travel films, and of course my production quality is nowhere near his, but I decided to copy his style leaving him as the inspiration. I'll probably alter my style next time to differentiate as I made it too similar last time around.

This is not a coming soon thread though, I already have one travel video out which is 42 minutes and just like Dickie left his channel here, I will as well. My last trip was to Terrace and I recorded it all. I'll leave it here as well as my next one.

I'll probably make a thumbnail for it soon.

Pretty interesting stuff Blue... You did make me laugh in a couple of places as well... "It's a Black Bear... but it's White" xD and also not being able to decide if the Grizzly was Strong or Aggressive  I think we can take a wild plunge in the dark and say they are probably pretty strong so I would really need to be knowing if they are aggressive on contact before chasing one down with my Nikon for that elusive selfie... 

If you want to see Bears in the wild just stay out overnight, pitch up a tent and leave a half cooked roast chicken above a slow burning fire... 

11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Pretty interesting stuff Blue... You did make me laugh in a couple of places as well... "It's a Black Bear... but it's White" xD and also not being able to decide if the Grizzly was Strong or Aggressive  I think we can take a wild plunge in the dark and say they are probably pretty strong so I would really need to be knowing if they are aggressive on contact before chasing one down with my Nikon for that elusive selfie... 

If you want to see Bears in the wild just stay out overnight, pitch up a tent and leave a half cooked roast chicken above a slow burning fire... 

Cheers mate! I'm a bit afraid of how the new one will stand up as I was a little more shy this time. Hopefully I still made it interesting enough.

I'm currently editing the video, the longest parts are the 3D renders though.

Uploaded a draft trailer which I'm looking for feedback on... could anyone let me know how I could make this better? I'm deleting it in about 8 hours to finalize the actual version.

@nudge

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Blue said:

Uploaded a draft trailer which I'm looking for feedback on... could anyone let me know how I could make this better? I'm deleting it in about 8 hours to finalize the actual version.

@nudge

Ends a bit abruptly doesn't it?

Just now, Lucas said:

Is there a planned into? It's literally straight into footage in a town. 

I'd also chop a couple of scenes where you are talking at the camera as the words just become muffled with the background music.

Yeah I was thinking of adding a voice over at the start to get it going.

Thanks for the feedback, will take your word for it.

• 1 month later...

Sadly didn't have enough time for something full length, but the first episode is here. Part 2 will be out later today.

Not much to see from this first part as we didn't do a lot on day 1. Gets more exciting once we reach Brazil.

14 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Part One was tricky to masturbate to, hoping for an improvement second time around.

Haha, yeah I understand the first part was a bit slow, but I do think this second episode does show a lot more. It covers my 2 days in Bolivia and we actually did activities this time.

I was a bit nervous recording I will admit, but at the very least I think I gave out some good information that I learned. In future trips I'll try to shoehorn in more jokes in my videos, but not to the point where its really unfunny.

Archived