talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brian's Travel Films

football forum

• Subscriber

8 hours ago, Blue said:

Haha, yeah I understand the first part was a bit slow, but I do think this second episode does show a lot more. It covers my 2 days in Bolivia and we actually did activities this time.

I was a bit nervous recording I will admit, but at the very least I think I gave out some good information that I learned. In future trips I'll try to shoehorn in more jokes in my videos, but not to the point where its really unfunny.

Looks pretty good but it's indeed a bit short; I prefer the extended style of your first one in Canada as it goes so much more into detail... Personally, I don't think you need to shoehorn more jokes into your videos; instead it would be nice to have some added narrative (i.e. voiceover) on some parts of the footage that guides the viewer and maybe tells a story of something that happened but wasn't captured on camera or gives some additional information about the place we're about to see etc. That would also help with the volume issues as the recorded speech drowns in the background noise a bit at times. Your graphics look good, I especially liked the way you put the translated subtitles there for the dialogue in Spanish! Subscribed to your channel :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This new season of "An Idiot Abroad" looks dope. 

Just kidding. Only just discovered this. Very cool, Brian :)

I'm not Logan Paul enough to warrant that title :D

Thanks btw!

@nudge in the works - top 10 travel destinations.

I have it all written but I'm waiting for a 3D character to be textured (something I'm awful with). I have made the model and am going to rig it but I can't texture it for the life of me :( 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Looks good, Brian. Love the capybaras! :D You should absolutely have petted them though :P 

Haha, I was terrified by the alligators nearby xD

• Subscriber

Interesting travel choices and I like the animations where you show the route to each of them, but I must say I'm not a fan of the 3D version of Brian as a narrator xD Much prefer seeing an actual person or if you're camera shy, then just more footage of each destination plus your narration would work just as well... 

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Interesting travel choices and I like the animations where you show the route to each of them, but I must say I'm not a fan of the 3D version of Brian as a narrator xD Much prefer seeing an actual person or if you're camera shy, then just more footage of each destination plus your narration would work just as well... 

Nah I'm not camera shy. I just think it fits the theme of my channel where I want to narrate as a 3D version of myself. Sure the lip syncing is a bit off, but if I did that it would take me 4 weeks to get everything done.

Thanks for the feedback!

• 7 months later...

@Cicero @nudge @Carnivore Chris @Tommy @Bluewolf @Batard

Just tagged all my OG likers for my next film, which should be ready in about a week. About 30-40 minutes long. It's a bit overdue, but the trip was done in July and it was to North Canada near the Arctic Circle. Here is the trailer.

Also, it's been 10 days since I've posted. Apologies for that, needed a break.

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

The trailer looks good; looking forward to the actual movie :) Glad you went for a long-ish one this time; sounds there's a lot of stuff to be shown. That cabin :o 

It could actually be out within the next 1-3 days. No promises but it's possible!

That looks great mate and is very different to the typical travel videos you see a lot of. I look forward to seeing the full version @Grizzly21

This is one reason why I don't get how you sometimes let your depression and anxiety get the best of you mate as to travel to the remote parts of the world that you have and document them on video takes a lot of self confidence. You should always remember this whenever you're getting down mate.

I have no idea if people will watch my videos, but even with that I decided to upgrade on my software.

Need to do some PC clearing, but hope to go somewhere for New Years and record everything there.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

@nudge @Carnivore Chris it's out earlier than expected!

My effects programs was malfunctioning so I had to do it low-budget styled xD hence the earlier release.

Watched it last night before bed but couldn't be bothered to post after that as I was too tired so here I am now...

It was really interesting; I liked how you presented some basic facts about the Inuit at the start of the movie before moving on to the trip itself. The landscapes and seascapes are very nice of course but I particularly enjoyed seeing simple conversations with the locals and small insights into their daily lives; that's what makes a travel report/documentary particularly interesting and authentic for me. The destination itself is quite a bit off the beaten track as it's one of those places that not many people get a chance to visit in their lives so that's another big plus of your movie. That igloo-shaped church and block-shaped school were a very unusual sight; it's a pity you couldn't get in! That steaming hot waterfall was another great view; in fact all the landscapes were. Very unusual and it has a very eerie look to it; love it. One of your tour guides was a proper smartarse too xD "what happens to the museum in the winter when it snows?" - "it gets covered in snow" xD Also I kind of know that first card game that you were playing :D it's sort of the same as Mau-Mau and similar versions of it in Europe. The second one they were playing didn't make any sense to me though xD 

My only small criticism - maybe you could talk a tiny bit slower when narrating; especially when it comes to names and locations as sometimes it's a bit unclear; especially for a non-native English speaker.

Other than that; keep it up. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Watched it last night before bed but couldn't be bothered to post after that as I was too tired so here I am now...

It was really interesting; I liked how you presented some basic facts about the Inuit at the start of the movie before moving on to the trip itself. The landscapes and seascapes are very nice of course but I particularly enjoyed seeing simple conversations with the locals and small insights into their daily lives; that's what makes a travel report/documentary particularly interesting and authentic for me. The destination itself is quite a bit off the beaten track as it's one of those places that not many people get a chance to visit in their lives so that's another big plus of your movie. That igloo-shaped church and block-shaped school were a very unusual sight; it's a pity you couldn't get in! That steaming hot waterfall was another great view; in fact all the landscapes were. Very unusual and it has a very eerie look to it; love it. One of your tour guides was a proper smartarse too xD "what happens to the museum in the winter when it snows?" - "it gets covered in snow" xD Also I kind of know that first card game that you were playing :D it's sort of the same as Mau-Mau and similar versions of it in Europe. The second one they were playing didn't make any sense to me though xD 

My only small criticism - maybe you could talk a tiny bit slower when narrating; especially when it comes to names and locations as sometimes it's a bit unclear; especially for a non-native English speaker.

Other than that; keep it up. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was like a matching card game, I didn't really get a grip of how its played and 3 months later I don't remember! xD

I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I felt a lot more confident here than in my last trip. In Terrace I was a bit afraid to film locals, in Rio Branco I felt nervous on camera (and even lost some clips). This is the best one I've made as of now I think.

Archived