The better place to talk football.

Mindhunter

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
11 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Was finishing Sacred Games. Done with that, now going to watch this. Just looked over the reviews. Apparently, it's even better than the first season. So I am excited. 

Yeah I’ve done the first three episodes, Enjoying it so far

This is by far the best series on serial killers ever. Fincher sets up this season nicely with his dark and moody direction in the first three episodes. And then, the other directors finish the job equally well. 

This series is a lesson for other filmmakers. The dialogues are short and smart. None of the major moments are allowed to go OTT. They have hardly shown any graphic images, beyond the few peeks at the crime scene pictures. The background music is creepy and effective as fuck, even though you hardly hear it at most times. The acting is topnotch, especially of the serial killers.

I have to applaud the casting directors and makeup artists. All the serial killers look exactly like their real life counterparts. They were all brilliant, though for me Kemper again stole the show, despite a small cameo. 

Even the side stories, and their effects on Holden, Tench and Dr. Wendy and their jobs, are portrayed so well. Brian's storyline is going to be really interesting, going forward. And I won't even complain if they continuing teasing us with the BTK plotline instead of going all in after him in the next season, if the rest of stuff continues to be this fucking brilliant. 

Spoiler alert 

Interesting to know that citizens in Atlanta still believe he’s innocent. Also even more interesting that there are now more male individuals coming forward stating they escaped from Wayne Williams as kids when he’d brought them over to the house. 

14 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is by far the best series on serial killers ever. Fincher sets up this season nicely with his dark and moody direction in the first three episodes. And then, the other directors finish the job equally well. 

This series is a lesson for other filmmakers. The dialogues are short and smart. None of the major moments are allowed to go OTT. They have hardly shown any graphic images, beyond the few peeks at the crime scene pictures. The background music is creepy and effective as fuck, even though you hardly hear it at most times. The acting is topnotch, especially of the serial killers.

I have to applaud the casting directors and makeup artists. All the serial killers look exactly like their real life counterparts. They were all brilliant, though for me Kemper again stole the show, despite a small cameo. 

Even the side stories, and their effects on Holden, Tench and Dr. Wendy and their jobs, are portrayed so well. Brian's storyline is going to be really interesting, going forward. And I won't even complain if they continuing teasing us with the BTK plotline instead of going all in after him in the next season, if the rest of stuff continues to be this fucking brilliant. 

BTK wasn’t caught till the early 2000’s so I imagine that will rumble on. 

Finished episode 5 yesterday and I found Manson & Watson refreshing I’d happily watch a David Fincher production on the Manson Family

On 20/08/2019 at 06:28, Cicero said:

Spoiler alert 

Interesting to know that citizens in Atlanta still believe he’s innocent. Also even more interesting that there are now more male individuals coming forward stating they escaped from Wayne Williams as kids when he’d brought them over to the house. 

Probably a race thing. That city seemed ingrained in it, and you can't blame them. Plus, there could be other factors, which they speak about in the final episode. The missing polaroids of black kids which were in the region of 500 to 600 or more. The 60+ old black man in the house near the stadium. 

However, when I listened to Williams (his interviews on YouTube) I do get creepy vibes. Plus, the evidence is huge. Fibre strands from his carpet, dog's hair, catching him on the bridge and his behaviour after that. He probably has killed some of the 20+ victims. Definitely not all. 

On 20/08/2019 at 11:52, Fairy In Boots said:

BTK wasn’t caught till the early 2000’s so I imagine that will rumble on. 

Finished episode 5 yesterday and I found Manson & Watson refreshing I’d happily watch a David Fincher production on the Manson Family

Yep, read about him later. Was caught in 2005. They will most probably run his story in parallel throughout the series. 

On Manson, yeah, me too. Fincher is expert on the serial killer thing. 

Finished it last night, I thought they blended the crime with the bureaucracy & politics together very well to show what a shit show the Atlanta child murders were. 28 what a body count scandalous really but Holden was right. I’m going to read the book because Douglas who Holden is based on actually caused offence by saying the perp was black at the time. 

I read online that Fincher plans 5 seasons so I expect to go through to 2005 BTK capture. Although timeline is now perfect for a conversation with Bundy next season. 

• Subscriber

Enjoyed season two, I like the way this show doesn't force dumb fake outs as cliffhangers like so many others do.

I find Holden quite an annoying and not very likeable character. I think you're sort of supposed to though.

The side plot with Bill's son and the fallout from that was very unnerving in light of what's been happening in the main plot.

On 23/08/2019 at 11:57, Fairy In Boots said:

Finished it last night, I thought they blended the crime with the bureaucracy & politics together very well to show what a shit show the Atlanta child murders were. 28 what a body count scandalous really but Holden was right. I’m going to read the book because Douglas who Holden is based on actually caused offence by saying the perp was black at the time. 

I read online that Fincher plans 5 seasons so I expect to go through to 2005 BTK capture. Although timeline is now perfect for a conversation with Bundy next season. 

Half way through it, and it's not the best of reads. Largely because Douglas is a proper tit. Especially when he is not talking about the crimes. It's funny but Holden is somewhat of a spot-on depiction. I can imagine Douglas being really unlikeable in person. 

The other thing that bugged me is that he hasn't talked about his mistakes, something which the show has portrayed. Here he mostly discusses his successes. 

When he is speaking about the crimes, it's fascinating (and disturbing) though. 

I have to finish this, since I am half way through. I think the show makers have done an excellent job in adapting this book, and made the right changes to their fictionalised characters.

Archived