talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eddie Howe Named Manager of the Month

Eddie Howe has been named as the Premier League manager of the month for October, after his Bournemouth side won 10 points from four games.

The Cherries began the month with a 2-1 victory against Crystal Palace at the Vitality Stadium before they enjoyed convincing away league wins against Watford and Fulham, either side of a 0-0 draw against Southampton.

Howe, who has received the award in each of the last two seasons, has led the club to their best start to a Premier League season, since promotion in 2015.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Does well to win Player of the Month from the sidelines ;) Next time i will edit the thread title for you mate when I'm not spending my friday nights watching Absolutely Fabulous box sets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Eddie Howe on Bournemouth, Pep Guardiola, and Premier League ambitions

By Daniel Storey

BBC Sport

21 November 2018 | Bournemouth

_104389926_howe.jpg

Eddie Howe has been Bournemouth manager for 388 games - either side of 18 months at Burnley

Ten years ago, AFC Bournemouth were dying.

Handed a 17-point penalty in League Two, they did not even reach zero points until early December. Players were not being paid on time and only received salaries at all thanks to loans from the Professional Footballers' Association.

Bailiffs regularly visited the club shop to take stock because payments hadn't been made, and use of training facilities had to be paid in cash because no sensible organisation would give them credit.

Nobody wanted to deal with the decaying club.

On New Year's Eve 2008, with the club 91st in the Football League and facing relegation and potential liquidation, Bournemouth named 31-year-old centre of excellence manager Eddie Howe as their caretaker boss.

Three weeks later, he was appointed on a permanent basis and became the youngest manager in all four divisions. He had no first-team managerial experience, Bournemouth were 10 points from safety and had been knocked out of the FA Cup by Blyth Spartans of the Conference North.

They had little hope and even less money.

So to swap 91st in the English football system for sixth and to go from sitting below Chester City to sitting above Manchester United is an extraordinary tale. No other manager has overseen such a dramatic ascent in the Premier League era.

Only one thing has stayed the same: the youngest manager in the Football League in 2009 is the youngest manager in the Premier League in 2018. Howe, at the age of 40, is also it's longest serving.

(More vv

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46254655

Edit: I just saw an Eddie Howe thread - https://talkfootball365.com/topic/6203-eddie-howes-bournemouth/?tab=comments#comment-226712

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread so maybe it should be merged with the above @Stan or whoever? :ay:

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Eddie Howe on Bournemouth, Pep Guardiola, and Premier League ambitions

By Daniel Storey

BBC Sport

21 November 2018 | Bournemouth

_104389926_howe.jpg

Eddie Howe has been Bournemouth manager for 388 games - either side of 18 months at Burnley

Ten years ago, AFC Bournemouth were dying.

Handed a 17-point penalty in League Two, they did not even reach zero points until early December. Players were not being paid on time and only received salaries at all thanks to loans from the Professional Footballers' Association.

Bailiffs regularly visited the club shop to take stock because payments hadn't been made, and use of training facilities had to be paid in cash because no sensible organisation would give them credit.

Nobody wanted to deal with the decaying club.

On New Year's Eve 2008, with the club 91st in the Football League and facing relegation and potential liquidation, Bournemouth named 31-year-old centre of excellence manager Eddie Howe as their caretaker boss.

Three weeks later, he was appointed on a permanent basis and became the youngest manager in all four divisions. He had no first-team managerial experience, Bournemouth were 10 points from safety and had been knocked out of the FA Cup by Blyth Spartans of the Conference North.

They had little hope and even less money.

So to swap 91st in the English football system for sixth and to go from sitting below Chester City to sitting above Manchester United is an extraordinary tale. No other manager has overseen such a dramatic ascent in the Premier League era.

Only one thing has stayed the same: the youngest manager in the Football League in 2009 is the youngest manager in the Premier League in 2018. Howe, at the age of 40, is also it's longest serving.

(More vv

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46254655

Edit: I just saw an Eddie Howe thread - https://talkfootball365.com/topic/6203-eddie-howes-bournemouth/?tab=comments#comment-226712

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread so maybe it should be merged with the above @Stan or whoever? :ay:

Here's fine :)

Do you get the 'paste as plain text' option when posting by the way? Means that posts come in the normal font instead of different format to the rest of the forum. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Here's fine :)

Do you get the 'paste as plain text' option when posting by the way? Means that posts come in the normal font instead of different format to the rest of the forum. 

Depends really, sometimes the links in blue don't highlight in plain text so I use the other option, what do you think is the best option and I will go with that, plain text?  

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Depends really, sometimes the links in blue don't highlight in plain text so I use the other option, what do you think is the best option and I will go with that, plain text?  

Yeah think plain text is preferable. Not even sure how many people click on links even when I post them xD 

Archived