talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neil Warnock Suggests Cardiff is his 'Last Job'

He's been saying this now for Eleven years. @Bluebird Hewitt @Paulh_85

Neil Warnock says Cardiff City are likely to be his last club after 39 seasons as a manager.

The 69-year-old, who celebrates his birthday next month, is the second oldest manager in the top four divisions of English football.

Cardiff are Warnock's 17th club and, ahead of their Premier League clash with Brighton on Saturday, live on Sky Sports, he says there is unlikely to be an 18th.

"I look at the club as a farewell club," Warnock said. "I don't think I'll be leaving the club and going to another.

"When you get to my age, you can't really look beyond the next few months or weeks, whatever job you are in, not just football."

Warnock, who has a contract that runs until the end of next season, says keeping Cardiff in the Premier League would be his biggest achievement in football.

He explained: "Life changes so quickly, you can't really plan ahead. You can hope to plan ahead.

"We're better when we're underdogs and to achieve the impossible this season would be my miles my biggest achievement."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Mad that he's had 39 seasons as a manager though. Fair play. He's definitely mellowed recently as well and just carrying on for the love of the game, not always to just get angry for 90 minutes.

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've never got the hate for him tbh 

I think he's funny 

He's very hypocritical in regards to referee decisions. His moaning around Rafa, Fegie's, Southgate's team selections when a player he sold in January scored the goal that relegated is the best example.

He has mellowed down in the last 4/5 years. He often speaks for 20-30 minutes in his pre match conferances to the media when others entertain for less than 5.

I personally will never like him. There was a genuine belief that if we had got relegated after our points deduction we would go out of business. He left at the first opportunity and then tried to take all our good players at the first opportunity. He genuinely wouldn't have given a fuck if we had got relegated so I struggle to give a fuck if he's ever got a 'fair chance' in this league as he keeps harping on about (even though he signed over ten players for Sheffield United).

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 02:06, The Palace Fan said:

He's very hypocritical in regards to referee decisions. His moaning around Rafa, Fegie's, Southgate's team selections when a player he sold in January scored the goal that relegated is the best example.

He has mellowed down in the last 4/5 years. He often speaks for 20-30 minutes in his pre match conferances to the media when others entertain for less than 5.

I personally will never like him. There was a genuine belief that if we had got relegated after our points deduction we would go out of business. He left at the first opportunity and then tried to take all our good players at the first opportunity. He genuinely wouldn't have given a fuck if we had got relegated so I struggle to give a fuck if he's ever got a 'fair chance' in this league as he keeps harping on about (even though he signed over ten players for Sheffield United).

Knew there were reasons behind me disliking him.

Having said that, he doesn't act like a dickhead anywhere near as much as he used to. In fact, I think this Cardiff iteration of Neil Warnock is my favourite version of him.

Archived