talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raheem Sterling Signs New Contract

• Subscriber

Raheem Sterling: Manchester City forward signs new three-year contract extension

Raheem Sterling has signed a three-year contract extension at Manchester City, committing him to the club until 2023 in a deal worth up to £300,000 a week.

The 23-year-old England forward's previous deal at Etihad Stadium was due to expire at the end of next season.

It is understood the new contract will make Sterling one of the best-paid English players in the Premier League.

"I'm delighted to sign. My development here has been incredible," said Sterling.

"I felt from the minute I got here it was the right choice for me. It's paid off and I'm really grateful."

Sterling, who has scored seven goals for the club this season, joined City from Liverpool in a £49m deal in 2015.

He scored 23 goals last season as City won the Premier League and Carabao Cup.

Capped 46 times by England, he scored twice against last month - his first international goals for three years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46157225

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Same could be said of a lot of the England squad tbf

Yeah true and most footballers in general. Although some of the England players were better for England in the world cup

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

At the moment he's worth every penny.

So disagree. It will be a cold day in hell before I'll be convinced that any footballer is worth getting paid almost £16m a year.

The whole deserves thing is ridiculous, it's clear our society is completely unbalanced and doesn't work as it should do. Footballers are paid as high value contract workers, much like actors are. I resent cunts like Tom Cruise getting paid vast amounts for shit film after film more than someone who can play football well. Footballers also have a shorter shelf life than actors, but as actors are usually posh already they are safe from the working class hating media.

Archived