The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 13 Fixtures - 23rd-26th November 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Can see Atletico beating Barca, sadly. Prime chance for them to do so, anyway, as Barca are the weakest they've been in a while. 

Still crazy how wildly open this division is after the duopoly of Barca and Real for majority of recent history.

4 points separating top 6.

3 points separating 7th to 15th. 

Long may it continue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12 November 2018 at 16:59, Stan said:

Can see Atletico beating Barca, sadly. Prime chance for them to do so, anyway, as Barca are the weakest they've been in a while. 

Still crazy how wildly open this division is after the duopoly of Barca and Real for majority of recent history.

4 points separating top 6.

3 points separating 7th to 15th. 

Long may it continue.

Yep... I can also see Barça losing this weekend although Atleti have been extremely inconsistent so far this season... They go from brilliant to awful in a matter of a few days much like Barcelona have been like so far this season. That makes the game very unpredictable to be honest and these big games don't tend to go to form at all anywhere.

I would expect this is a bookies nightmare game because they'll find it difficult to invite betting on it.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yep... I can also see Barça losing this weekend although Atleti have been extremely inconsistent so far this season... They go from brilliant to awful in a matter of a few days much like Barcelona have been like so far this season. That makes the game very unpredictable to be honest and these big games don't tend to go to form at all anywhere.

I would expect this is a bookies nightmare game because they'll find it difficult to invite betting on it.

All Barcelona's poor performance have been against smaller teams as well. The performances and results against the bigger sides have been brilliant, i.e vs Real Madrid, Spurs and Inter.

47 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

All Barcelona's poor performance have been against smaller teams as well. The performances and results against the bigger sides have been brilliant, i.e vs Real Madrid, Spurs and Inter.

This is true. Let’s hope it continues. ;)

Happy with the Barça result due to the Real Madrid defeat... But maybe those at the club should look into a few details like 4 ridiculous games points were dropped in (this one too because Barça dominated) which would've had Barcelona an unprecedented 17 points clear of Real Madrid by the end of November.  Instead they're 5 points clear which shows how open this all is for everyone.

Dembele needs to sort his attitude as talent wise, he can be very important in this side and the team always look better when a 433 formation is employed. Messi, Suárez and Dembele could be a frightening front 3 and looked as though something was developing earlier in the season. A conjested midfield with the likes of Vidal and Sergi Roberto being crammed in makes for a rather dull set up. 

If we go back to the start of the season Dembele looked very good as part of a front 3 with Coutinho playing deeper alongside Rakitic and Busquets. The football on show was much more free flowing. The only problem now(when everyone is fit) is that it would mean dropping Arthur and that wouldn't really be fair or ideal. 

Speaking of Coutinho, you can certainly notice his absence when not playing. Same with Rakitic, you realise just how important he is when he's not present. 

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If this Real Madrid team get far In The Champions League it would be an absolute travesty. The news concerning Sergio Ramos seems to have affected them.

Real were almost as bad last season and yet they won the Champions League... Winning cup competitions has other factors away from everything that is a league campaign like we've seen with Arsenal not too long ago.  A lot of make-up can be put on so as to mask the reality of the situation. The thing is that as you well know, the Champions League is so universally massive that a club doesn't really even have to create too much propaganda to give off sensations of not only hiding massive failure, but actually make it all seem glorious.

Real have a team if coached well in a cup competition to stay in there right till the end and then with the quality that exists in the squad challenge anyone on one off games. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Espanyol losing 2-0 after 6 minutes :o 

Out of nowhere as well after Espanyol started quickly. Borja Iglesias could have put Espanyol in front early then 3 minutes later Girona were 2-0 up. Two Stuani headers.

I'm surprised if didn't work out at AC Milan for Andre Silva. He's always looked like a player that has everything the modern footballer needs to me. It was imperative Sevilla won this weekend and fair play to them on getting the job done.

Away from the title challenge, Valencia seem to have got themselves back in to rhythrm. Watch out Madrid.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived