• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Airport Weapons

Recommended Posts

football forum

No, this isn't a thread about the weapons that security use at airports. This is a thread for the absolute weapons that feel the need to queue at a gate that isn't even open yet. 

Gate M opens in 40 minutes but wait, there's a line of wasted sperm and eggs standing there so that they can board the plane first. The gate opens and a mile long queue forms despite everyone having allocated seating. 

I've flown since the age of about 5 and for as long as I can remember taking these journeys have always been both baffled and amused. Nothing easier than waiting for the queue to vanish, getting up from your seat in the airport and, y'know, walking to the plane and getting on without a six hour standing up exercise in-between. 

Just putting this out there to see if there are any melons on TF365 that do this and if so, fucking enlighten me.

And yes, I flew today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Flew home today :).

Don't see much point in getting to be first in the queue when you have designated seating anyway.... Would be different if it was first come first served and all that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you British people like to queue anyway ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Don't you British people like to queue anyway ?

We like to moan about it rather than actually doing it... If there are no queues and we don't understand why we will moan about that as well... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't see much point in getting to be first in the queue when you have designated seating anyway.... Would be different if it was first come first served and all that... 

I'm guessing they do it to get the space in the overhead space for the hand luggage.

I'm not fussed about getting there first or getting in the queue. There's usually enough space for all the overhead luggage and equally not fussed if I have to walk a bit to get to it if it's not directly above me. At the end of the day, we're all gonna get to the same destination just as quickly/slowly as the next person xD

The other kind of weapons that annoy the hell out of me are those utter knobheads that have a go at airport staff even though it may not be their fault at all for a delay of a journey. People misdirect their anger far too often in situations like that. Take your stress out on something else, not some poor soul just doing his/her job ffs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been on over 100 flights but don’t people usually sit down and people line up once called for? For example: we are now boarding rows 21-40? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Been on over 100 flights but don’t people usually sit down and people line up once called for? For example: we are now boarding rows 21-40? 

Nah not all. Depends what airline. The bigger airlines usually do it by sections. Budget airlines just do a first come, first serve (queue up) system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most flights I've been on they just call out sections of the plane so people boarding at the front don't block up people needing to get on middle and back.

Its getting off the plane that I rush with, quicker I can get through immigration without getting caught out by another flights passengers the better.

Hate it when the person in front takes liberties with the seat, you can push it back a bit but some people try and rest their head on your lap. One person started resting his hand back over his seat over my girlfriends TV. He looked shocked as if I'd done something wrong to him when I slapped his hand away. Gormless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cannabis said:

Some proper shit etiquette when it comes to being on a plane. Moving the seat back is just being a cunt, plain and simple. 

Seats are meant to move back, have you tried sleeping upright in them on a 26/30 hour flight?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah not all. Depends what airline. The bigger airlines usually do it by sections. Budget airlines just do a first come, first serve (queue up) system. 

Yeah i just had flashbacks to some European airlines like Ryanair but I never had reserved seats on those so would make sense to line up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Some proper shit etiquette when it comes to being on a plane. Moving the seat back is just being a cunt, plain and simple. 

Have a whinge cunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever transferred through Doha? That airport was so bad the transfer itself nearly caused me to miss the connecting flight to London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of shithouse behaviour though, I was on a flight where someone had all three seats leaning back. Midway through I stood up to go toilet and saw the person was sleeping across all three seats. Didn't even need the headrests

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cannabis said:

Tough shit, don't make it uncomfortable for the bloke behind.

By moving the seat back a bit? Makes it uncomfortable for no one. Difference between sitting back at a slight angle and essentially lying down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Depends how far you go back, so long as the person behind doesn't change how they sit or enjoy their flight then it's fine. Impacting another traveller in any way is rude.

It is hence why I push my seat back so the front of my seat is in line with the back of the seat next to me, enough of an angle to sit back, enough space for the person behind not to be effected by it. If the seats up you can't rest your neck but if it's back a bit then you can naturally lean back. Problem sorted.

Worst ones when people have kids and don't stop them from kicking your chair all flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate when people put their knees or legs into the back of your seat. Even if it’s a child. I turn around and give them evils. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we are on a whine, and I know it’s not airport related but hate when bellends do rolly pollys in the middle of a Perth nightclub at like 2am. Probably do it at airports too the creep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

While we are on a whine, and I know it’s not airport related but hate when bellends do rolly pollys in the middle of a Perth nightclub at like 2am. Probably do it at airports too the creep.

Was a bit more impressive than a rolly polly mate, flying forward flip from the grand height of about 2-3 steps and I seem to recall you bottling it

No wonder I had a headache the next day

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Has anyone ever transferred through Doha? That airport was so bad the transfer itself nearly caused me to miss the connecting flight to London.

The old or the new one? The old Doha was class. Small, easy to navigate, really impossible to miss a flight even with short transfer time. The new airport is a nightmare, as you said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

The old or the new one? The old Doha was class. Small, easy to navigate, really impossible to miss a flight even with short transfer time. The new airport is a nightmare, as you said. 

A mix of both. The transfer bit that scans you and your hand luggage was like an 80s office with some scanners, ridiculously managed queues and security just waving you through 😂

The flight had to be delayed because of the time the transfer took, not the time of the flights. And then just getting into the departure gates in the new airport was just a mess, made us even later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danny said:

A mix of both. The transfer bit that scans you and your hand luggage was like an 80s office with some scanners, ridiculously managed queues and security just waving you through 😂

The flight had to be delayed because of the time the transfer took, not the time of the flights. And then just getting into the departure gates in the new airport was just a mess, made us even later.

I had the same experience with the security; the xray machines weren't even working, they didn't scan anyone and didn't bother to check the bags either xD

I also spent 9 hours in the new airport once waiting for my connecting flight, it was horrible :shutup: the Lounges were only accessible until 1 or 2am, and it was soooooo cold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Genuinely do this if someone reclines in front of me onto my lap. My legs will last longer than your back :)

Also, just out of nowhere, who else can't fit in an aeroplane toilet? My head almost touches the ceiling.

Yep. Tall people problems. 

Feel like i get chronic back pain as I'm taking a piss xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally never understood the huge stress people have about getting flights. Turning up 4 hours before your flight, scouring through their suitcases before security sealing up shit they shouldn’t even have packed in the first place, queueing to board the moment the gate opens.

No idea why people put themselves through this kind of ritualistic suffering for something that’s straightforward at heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it annoys me as well but more so because it makes me feel stressed out. Makes me feel as if I should be doing it as well and gives me the feeling that I should be pressed for time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only advantage to it I think is that you'll guarantee the overhead locker space by your seat. It's irritating when you have to put your luggage 10 rows up. Even more so if it is in the opposite direction to the flow of people getting off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also it's impossible for 90% of passengers not to queue for the flight, if everyone waited till the end then there'd just be a queue that causes a delay xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who take things they know they shouldn’t be taking in their hand luggage are the worst. Always some dickhead with a lighter and a six pack of Diet Coke in their bag wondering why they get stopped and are holding up the queue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like that restlessness you get as soon as the plane lands as well where everyone immediately gets up and some if they can stand in the aisles. It's like a race to do as much as possible to get ready to leave before another passenger takes up the space in your area, be that with bags or just standing. Only for there to be 5-10 minute wait before everyone can disembark anyway as the doors haven't opened yet. There's a little bit of room to work with but you can't do much simply because of the space available. You can feel the tension and restlessness in the air in this period. I know some people maybe have coaches or whatever to catch soon after their flights but still, you simply can't get anywhere or get any real advantage to get out first or as quickly as possible because of the space available and it depends also what your seat is as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I don't like that restlessness you get as soon as the plane lands as well where everyone immediately gets up and some if they can stand in the aisles. It's like a race to do as much as possible to get ready to leave before another passenger takes up the space in your area, be that with bags or just standing. Only for there to be 5-10 minute wait before everyone can disembark anyway as the doors haven't opened yet. There's a little bit of room to work with but you can't do much simply because of the space available. You can feel the tension and restlessness in the air in this period. I know some people maybe have coaches or whatever to catch soon after their flights but still, you simply can't get anywhere or get any real advantage to get out first or as quickly as possible because of the space available and it depends also what your seat is as well.

You obviously have never been beaten to immigration by another packed flight by a few minutes that causes queues for days to get through xD

I don't rush to get on the plane but the quicker I can get off the better, fucking hate queuing. With that said I won't try and barge through people on the plane to get my bags down and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement