talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Airport Weapons

football forum

football forum

No, this isn't a thread about the weapons that security use at airports. This is a thread for the absolute weapons that feel the need to queue at a gate that isn't even open yet. 

Gate M opens in 40 minutes but wait, there's a line of wasted sperm and eggs standing there so that they can board the plane first. The gate opens and a mile long queue forms despite everyone having allocated seating. 

I've flown since the age of about 5 and for as long as I can remember taking these journeys have always been both baffled and amused. Nothing easier than waiting for the queue to vanish, getting up from your seat in the airport and, y'know, walking to the plane and getting on without a six hour standing up exercise in-between. 

Just putting this out there to see if there are any melons on TF365 that do this and if so, fucking enlighten me.

And yes, I flew today.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't see much point in getting to be first in the queue when you have designated seating anyway.... Would be different if it was first come first served and all that... 

I'm guessing they do it to get the space in the overhead space for the hand luggage.

I'm not fussed about getting there first or getting in the queue. There's usually enough space for all the overhead luggage and equally not fussed if I have to walk a bit to get to it if it's not directly above me. At the end of the day, we're all gonna get to the same destination just as quickly/slowly as the next person xD

The other kind of weapons that annoy the hell out of me are those utter knobheads that have a go at airport staff even though it may not be their fault at all for a delay of a journey. People misdirect their anger far too often in situations like that. Take your stress out on something else, not some poor soul just doing his/her job ffs.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Been on over 100 flights but don’t people usually sit down and people line up once called for? For example: we are now boarding rows 21-40? 

Nah not all. Depends what airline. The bigger airlines usually do it by sections. Budget airlines just do a first come, first serve (queue up) system. 

Most flights I've been on they just call out sections of the plane so people boarding at the front don't block up people needing to get on middle and back.

Its getting off the plane that I rush with, quicker I can get through immigration without getting caught out by another flights passengers the better.

Hate it when the person in front takes liberties with the seat, you can push it back a bit but some people try and rest their head on your lap. One person started resting his hand back over his seat over my girlfriends TV. He looked shocked as if I'd done something wrong to him when I slapped his hand away. Gormless.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Some proper shit etiquette when it comes to being on a plane. Moving the seat back is just being a cunt, plain and simple. 

Seats are meant to move back, have you tried sleeping upright in them on a 26/30 hour flight?

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah not all. Depends what airline. The bigger airlines usually do it by sections. Budget airlines just do a first come, first serve (queue up) system. 

Yeah i just had flashbacks to some European airlines like Ryanair but I never had reserved seats on those so would make sense to line up 

Talking of shithouse behaviour though, I was on a flight where someone had all three seats leaning back. Midway through I stood up to go toilet and saw the person was sleeping across all three seats. Didn't even need the headrests

Just now, Cannabis said:

Tough shit, don't make it uncomfortable for the bloke behind.

By moving the seat back a bit? Makes it uncomfortable for no one. Difference between sitting back at a slight angle and essentially lying down.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Depends how far you go back, so long as the person behind doesn't change how they sit or enjoy their flight then it's fine. Impacting another traveller in any way is rude.

It is hence why I push my seat back so the front of my seat is in line with the back of the seat next to me, enough of an angle to sit back, enough space for the person behind not to be effected by it. If the seats up you can't rest your neck but if it's back a bit then you can naturally lean back. Problem sorted.

Worst ones when people have kids and don't stop them from kicking your chair all flight.

5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

While we are on a whine, and I know it’s not airport related but hate when bellends do rolly pollys in the middle of a Perth nightclub at like 2am. Probably do it at airports too the creep.

Was a bit more impressive than a rolly polly mate, flying forward flip from the grand height of about 2-3 steps and I seem to recall you bottling it

No wonder I had a headache the next day

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Has anyone ever transferred through Doha? That airport was so bad the transfer itself nearly caused me to miss the connecting flight to London.

The old or the new one? The old Doha was class. Small, easy to navigate, really impossible to miss a flight even with short transfer time. The new airport is a nightmare, as you said. 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

The old or the new one? The old Doha was class. Small, easy to navigate, really impossible to miss a flight even with short transfer time. The new airport is a nightmare, as you said. 

A mix of both. The transfer bit that scans you and your hand luggage was like an 80s office with some scanners, ridiculously managed queues and security just waving you through 😂

The flight had to be delayed because of the time the transfer took, not the time of the flights. And then just getting into the departure gates in the new airport was just a mess, made us even later.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

A mix of both. The transfer bit that scans you and your hand luggage was like an 80s office with some scanners, ridiculously managed queues and security just waving you through 😂

The flight had to be delayed because of the time the transfer took, not the time of the flights. And then just getting into the departure gates in the new airport was just a mess, made us even later.

I had the same experience with the security; the xray machines weren't even working, they didn't scan anyone and didn't bother to check the bags either xD

I also spent 9 hours in the new airport once waiting for my connecting flight, it was horrible :shutup: the Lounges were only accessible until 1 or 2am, and it was soooooo cold. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Genuinely do this if someone reclines in front of me onto my lap. My legs will last longer than your back :)

Also, just out of nowhere, who else can't fit in an aeroplane toilet? My head almost touches the ceiling.

Yep. Tall people problems. 

Feel like i get chronic back pain as I'm taking a piss xD

Literally never understood the huge stress people have about getting flights. Turning up 4 hours before your flight, scouring through their suitcases before security sealing up shit they shouldn’t even have packed in the first place, queueing to board the moment the gate opens.

No idea why people put themselves through this kind of ritualistic suffering for something that’s straightforward at heart.

Archived