talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Airport Weapons

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that restlessness you get as soon as the plane lands as well where everyone immediately gets up and some if they can stand in the aisles. It's like a race to do as much as possible to get ready to leave before another passenger takes up the space in your area, be that with bags or just standing. Only for there to be 5-10 minute wait before everyone can disembark anyway as the doors haven't opened yet. There's a little bit of room to work with but you can't do much simply because of the space available. You can feel the tension and restlessness in the air in this period. I know some people maybe have coaches or whatever to catch soon after their flights but still, you simply can't get anywhere or get any real advantage to get out first or as quickly as possible because of the space available and it depends also what your seat is as well.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I don't like that restlessness you get as soon as the plane lands as well where everyone immediately gets up and some if they can stand in the aisles. It's like a race to do as much as possible to get ready to leave before another passenger takes up the space in your area, be that with bags or just standing. Only for there to be 5-10 minute wait before everyone can disembark anyway as the doors haven't opened yet. There's a little bit of room to work with but you can't do much simply because of the space available. You can feel the tension and restlessness in the air in this period. I know some people maybe have coaches or whatever to catch soon after their flights but still, you simply can't get anywhere or get any real advantage to get out first or as quickly as possible because of the space available and it depends also what your seat is as well.

You obviously have never been beaten to immigration by another packed flight by a few minutes that causes queues for days to get through xD

I don't rush to get on the plane but the quicker I can get off the better, fucking hate queuing. With that said I won't try and barge through people on the plane to get my bags down and out.

Was waiting in the queue to get through security for about 45 minutes last time, and I only got to the airport an hour before take off time because that's usually plenty at Bristol aiport with no hold luggage. There was a serious risk that I was gonna miss my flight...but all I could do was wait my turn, right? Well not according to some couple who walked past everyone saying sorry we're late we're gonna miss our flight...and of course everyone just stood there rolling their eyes and tutting and accepting such appalling behaviour. I got through in the end and speed walked to my gate (they were announcing last call) only to be told on arriving there that the flight was cancelled.

Would you guys push to the front or just wait it out and hope for the best?

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

Was waiting in the queue to get through security for about 45 minutes last time, and I only got to the airport an hour before take off time because that's usually plenty at Bristol aiport with no hold luggage. There was a serious risk that I was gonna miss my flight...but all I could do was wait my turn, right? Well not according to some couple who walked past everyone saying sorry we're late we're gonna miss our flight...and of course everyone just stood there rolling their eyes and tutting and accepting such appalling behaviour. I got through in the end and speed walked to my gate (they were announcing last call) only to be told on arriving there that the flight was cancelled.

Would you guys push to the front or just wait it out and hope for the best?

Most airports allow you to jump through and will announce for anyone about to miss flight x y or z to go to a desk to get sped through.

But nothing wrong with it, I've been late for a flight and been sped through and I've let people ahead of me who are in danger of missing out.

11 hours ago, Danny said:

You obviously have never been beaten to immigration by another packed flight by a few minutes that causes queues for days to get through xD

I don't rush to get on the plane but the quicker I can get off the better, fucking hate queuing. With that said I won't try and barge through people on the plane to get my bags down and out.

Yeah mate haha, I've had that before but surely most of that is luck depending on when flights land and how quickly they disembark. There's only so much you can do to get out quickly. I understand the need to want to get off as quickly as possible as people have been cooped up on a plane for a long time but still.

7 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah mate haha, I've had that before but surely most of that is luck depending on when flights land and how quickly they disembark. There's only so much you can do to get out quickly. I understand the need to want to get off as quickly as possible as people have been cooped up on a plane for a long time but still.

Ha yeah to an extent, but you beat your own flight to immigration as well.

If I was on a short hall flight I'd probably not be as bothered, but on long hall I just like to get out of there asap.

Archived