The better place to talk football.

Stan Lee Dies Aged 95

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/12/entertainment/stan-lee-obit/index.html

Stan Lee, the colorful Marvel Comics patriarch who helped usher in a new era of superhero storytelling -- and saw his creations become a giant influence in the movie business -- has died.

He was 95.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit upset here, this man got so many people together and crafted some amazing work as I was growing up that captured not just my imagination but im sure many other kids my age as well. RIP Stan.

• The title was changed to Stan Lee Dies Aged 95
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

RIP.. 

Must have been great for him to see his comic creations brought to life on the big screen before his passing... The Hulk used to be one of my favorite characters when I was a kid... Sadly another one gone

And to imagine that him, Ditko and Kirby were asked to compete with a DC uprising in the 50s so they went ahead and created the universe they did. Years later I think they'd all be a little pleased that they finally achieved what they set out to do. I think the Hulk comics in the 70s were probably the best. 

Didn't read the comic books but I have watched one form or another of Marvel stuff since I was a child, the Spiderman cartoons that used to be on, pretty much all of the Marvel films, used to love The Hulk and watched the old school programme of it. X-Men and Wolverine....mad to think one person's creations have spread so far throughout multiple generations and various re-incarnations across different platforms that have gone on to dominate Sci-fi and adventure genres in general.

Not really sad he's passed because I wasn't a super fan for the comics etc, but definitely a sad day to lose someone who contributed so much to almost the entire worlds culture which has broken through hundreds and thousands of cultures in that.

Archived