talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Has Been the Best Top 6 Summer Signing?

Who Has Been the Best Top 6 Summer Signing?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Has Been the Best Top 6 Summer Signing?

• Riyad Mahrez
    • Alisson Becker
    • Jorginho
    • Kepa Arrizabalaga
    • Lucas Torreira

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'd go for Mahrez who has started to play more regularly and earn his place in the team with goals/assists.

However, I loved Torreira in the World Cup and I'm really warming to Torreira in this league as well now. It's no coincidence that him playing more regularly also has coincided with Arsenal's good form of late. I remember saying in summer that Torreira is just what Arsenal needed in central midfield. Since Vieira, they've lacked a proper physical presence in midfield - a terrier-like rustler, an absolute nuisance and someone who's not afraid to put their foot in or be a bit more aggressive. Torreira brings that but what I've also seen him bring is good ability on the ball. Happy to link defence to midfield to attack. I hope he stays injury-free for Arsenal's benefit as he could turn out to be one of the signings of the season given the impact he has on the team. 

• Subscriber

It was a toss-up for me between Mahrez or Jorginho but I went for Mahrez, he has fitted into a star-studded City side quite well, scored 4 goals so far for City but I think there will be more to come, he reminds me a lot of a former Man United great and a winger Andrei Kanchelskis, fast and tricky to play against. 

• Subscriber

Between Jorginho and Mahrez for me. Voted for the latter but probably actually should have voted for Jorginho.

Haven't seen enough of Kepa yet, he's looked no more than solid. Alisson is up there but he's also had his unconvincing moments. Torreira is a good player but I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

All the above named were decent for their new sides, apart from Mahrez. I mean what has changed for City? They added depth but i feel he is out of his own depth at City.

For me personally Kepa is our best addition, just because that big nosed cunt left.

35 minutes ago, True Blue said:

All the above named were decent for their new sides, apart from Mahrez. I mean what has changed for City? They added depth but i feel he is out of his own depth at City.

For me personally Kepa is our best addition, just because that big nosed cunt left.

I don't think Mahrez has looked out of his depth at all, in fact at times I think he's looked absolute quality. Doesn't look out of place at all.

And that's coming from someone (me) who thought he'd look out of place and out of his depth when City first signed him. 

The quality of depth he provides is outstanding. City can literally replace a current first team player with Mahrez and the drop in quality is basically zero. 

Wish we'd have signed him!

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Shaqiri. Fantastic value, low-risk and he’s shown to have been a real asset to Liverpool, in a season where they’ll likely play 50-odd games. 

I did ponder for what felt like an age about including him but left him out as he doesn't start every week.

14 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shaqiri - £12m snip. 

He needs a mention there instead of Alisson. The Brazilian keeper has also been a good addition, building on the stability provided by Van Dijk. 

@topic

Lucas Torreira looks a really fine player. This is not a dig at Arsenal, but I fancy big Spanish clubs circling over him in a season or two. 

Kovacic is another who has impressed me. 

Archived