talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortress Anfield! (Apart from when they lose)

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/11/liverpool-overtake-barcelona-as-fortress-anfield-record-continues/

Obviously this is going to jinx us and we'll now lose our next home game but... 

We now have the longest unbeaten home record in Europe stretching back 27 games. We've also only conceded 10 goals in that time. 

That's some turnaround since Klopp took over. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nope, gotta take out any competitions to suit the stats.

So even though the game was at Fortress Anfield and Liverpool lost we are not counting that then because the word 'Cup' was used??? 

I mean just for accuracy how many games will they have gone undefeated at Anfield if you include the game they lost against us at Anfield??? 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

af7fec64245b4ef87f872f78a08d75d8.jpg

Interesting stat time.... 

Since Liverpool last won a League Title Peter Schmeichel signed for United and went on to win it 5 times... he then retired and had a son who went on to win the Title with Leicester City... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Since Liverpool last won a League Title Peter Schmeichel signed for United and went on to win it 5 times... he then retired and had a son who went on to win the Title with Leicester City... 

Yeah makes me wish football sold it's soul a decade earlier tbh.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

An addition to that, Schmeichel Snr won his first league title at 29. Schmeichel Jnr won his first league title at the same age.

Both also won their league titles on 2nd May in their respective years.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As if we have Everton and Norwich fans talking about trophies in this threadxD

And where is the "At least we're more successful than Everton and Norwich" Shield going to fit in that big old cabinet?

:D

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As if we have Everton and Norwich fans talking about trophies in this threadxD

I actually thoroughly enjoy those WUMing attempts:

1.) Yeah no shit we're nowhere near as good as we used to be

2.) Despite not meeting the high standards set by previous decades... our history since the 90s is one that a lot of clubs would probably be envious of. "Haha, your club isn't as good as it used to be - yet still has a history in those "not good" years that most clubs would want to have happen to them

3.) Do those clubs even have trophy rooms??

4.) "LoL LiVeRpOoL fAnS, PoInTiNg OuT sTaTs bUt ThEy DoN't WiN sTuFf" - signaling that it's better to be a glory hunting dickhead 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I actually thoroughly enjoy those WUMing attempts:

1.) Yeah no shit we're nowhere near as good as we used to be

2.) Despite not meeting the high standards set by previous decades... our history since the 90s is one that a lot of clubs would probably be envious of. "Haha, your club isn't as good as it used to be - yet still has a history in those "not good" years that most clubs would want to have happen to them

3.) Do those clubs even have trophy rooms??

4.) "LoL LiVeRpOoL fAnS, PoInTiNg OuT sTaTs bUt ThEy DoN't WiN sTuFf" - signaling that it's better to be a glory hunting dickhead 

To be fair, and I know it wasn't you, but when one of your fans starts a new thread to give it large about some relatively pointless, if impressive, record and how good it makes your thus far trophiless manager, you've got to come into it expecting some anti-Liverpool banter in return.

At least the material is fresher than the ironic "Everton aren't they" I read in any thread that mentions my lot in a less than positive manner.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

To be fair, and I know it wasn't you, but when one of your fans starts a new thread to give it large about some relatively pointless, if impressive, record and how good it makes your thus far trophiless manager, you've got to come into it expecting some anti-Liverpool banter in return.

At least the material is fresher than the ironic "Everton aren't they" I read in any thread that mentions my lot in a less than positive manner.

Yeah, the material is fresher than a mix tape from 1995. Which is also the last year Everton won something.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, the material is fresher than a mix tape from 1995. Which is also the last year Everton won something.

I don't remember the 2017 transfer window being in 1995? Besides, we've got the "First Club to unveil a new kit using their women's team" Vase from just a few months ago too.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't remember the 2017 transfer window being in 1995? Besides, we've got the "First Club to unveil a new kit using their women's team" Vase from just a few months ago too.

And the Angry Birds trophy.

In any case, I think these stats go a long way of dispelling the myth that Klopp can't organise a defense/is too tactically naive. Granted, I imagine if we concede a soft goal despite our defensive record this season, these criticisms will probably come up (as we saw against Red Star) - but the statistical evidence is there that he improved pretty significantly on what his predecessor did. And his predecessor I think more fits the bill of a manager who can't organise a defense and is far too tactically naïve - but people fucking love him because of the Suarez year papering over the cracks.

Archived