talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortress Anfield! (Apart from when they lose)

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't particularly rate Rodgers, and I certainly don't love him.

Talking more about how other Liverpool fans feel about him. He's a pretty divisive figure for us, some people really really really love him for that season where Sturridge was healthy and Suarez was by far and away the best player in the league - others see him as someone who squandered that year by failing to address defensive concerns that existed before he came in & (in my opinion) got worse in his first year with us... and then ultimately ran out of ideas when Suarez wasn't around to bail him out.

I think he was a bad manager who left us in a bad state, who just happened to have one good year with us (where if we'd had the same squad with a better manager, I think we would have all been much happier with how that year went). Whereas with Klopp I've seen us genuinely improve - you can see it in a lot of ways for us. These stats @LFCMadLad has posted, the general body language in the squad on the pitch, and... just by looking at the teamsheets. Look at Klopp's first LFC side & look at the squad today.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

All this crap that he would be a one season wonder in the League and Internationals.

Mohamed Salah: Egypt forward scores last-minute winner against Tunisia

1 hour ago | African

_104376493_salah_getty3.jpg

Mohamed Salah has scored 10 goals in his past eight games for Egypt

Mohamed Salah scored a last-minute winner as Egypt beat Tunisia 3-2 in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying.

The Liverpool forward played a one-two with Salah Mohsen before clipping the ball over keeper Farouk Ben Mustapha for his 39th international goal.

He has now scored in each of his past eight international matches.

Naim Sliti scored twice for Tunisia, either side of goals from Trezeguet and Baher El Mohamady. Both sides have already qualified for Afcon 2019.

The tournament will be hosted in Cameroon from 15 June to 13 July, a change from the usual January/February schedule.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46242693

Archived