• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best performance?

Spurs away or PSG home

Worst performance?

Red Star away

How is the manager doing so far?

Great. I don't think we can complain apart from the two away results in Europe.

Best player?

Van Dijk

Hopes for the rest of the season?

Keep up with City as long as possible which will be difficult. Qualify from the CL group and have another good go at that.

• Subscriber

Best performance?  -  Still waiting for one, maybe Juve away but that was just pure luck.

Worst performance? - Seen that many.

How is the manager doing so far? - Shite.

Best player? - The Tea Lady - with DeGea holding her hand.

Hopes for the rest of the season? - Help!!

Edit: Thank you @The Palace Fan for being a good mod and merging this in the right Forum. :ay:

Best performance?

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Thought we saw Sarri ball in full swing.

Worst performance?

West Ham 0-0 Chelsea

The one game where I can't think I saw any positives. 

9/10

He's brought in a new style & Identity that our players have adapted to quickly. The last time we lost, was in August. Safe to say he is doing above expectations. 

Best player?

1. Hazard

2. Rudiger/Jorginho

Top 4 finish and a trophy 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Best performance?

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Thought we saw Sarri ball in full swing.

Worst performance?

West Ham 0-0 Chelsea

The one game where I can't think I saw any positives. 

9/10

He's brought in a new style & Identity that our players have adapted to quickly. The last time we lost, was in August. Safe to say he is doing above expectations. 

Best player?

1. Hazard

2. Rudiger/Jorginho

Top 4 finish and a trophy 

Sarri’s done really well to shape the identity of the side so quickly.

• Subscriber

Best performance?

Everton 3-1 Brighton.

Worst performance?

Everton 1-3 West Ham

Pretty good. 

Best player?

Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Take the FA Cup seriously. Try and win it even if it costs us a couple of league positions to put 100% into it. 7th would be nice but not essential.

• Administrator

Best performance:

Cardiff 0-1 Leicester - Given the circumstances of what happened a week previous, for our players to go in to a game physically and emotionally drained, and come away from a battling performance with 3 points and a clean sheet was superb. Couldn't have been prouder of all the players and staff in what must have been a tormenting week on themselves and their families. Still am immensely proud of all of them for the way they conducted themselves on that day and ever since. 

Worst performance:
Bournemouth 4-2 Leicester - Defensively inept against a side who we have a horrid record against (still not beaten them since promotion in 2014). Going down 3-0 by half-time and 4-0 by 80 minutes was embarrassing. They were too fast for our slow centre-backs - an in-form Ryan Fraser, Callum Wilson, strong defence was always going to be hard to play against as it is. The two consolations goals at the end from us were just damage limitation on what was a terrible Saturday afternoon to endure.

Interestingly, I don't think Puel is doing too badly. We are where we should be - fighting it out to be the 'best of the rest' alongside Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham, Burnley. The anomaly being Bournemouth who have started the season extremely well. For all the talk of only being a possession side and creating little, I think we do create enough in a game but just not clinical enough. The downside is that we often find Vardy isolated and without support. Frustrating as it is for him as well as for fans at times. Funnily enough, there's some games we've lost where we've outplayed opposition and perhaps been unlucky to lose. And on the other side of the coin, we've won some games where we've played fairly poorly or not up to expected standard. There's some games where our fans would just outright blame Puel, even if we've won he sometimes gets criticised unnecessarily. Sometimes a loss or poor result can't be blamed on him at all. He seems to have settled recently on a more standard 4-4-2 but has sacrificed Maddison's central creative instinct by shifting him out on the left and then allowing him to drift inside when necessary. We looked better with him just behind Vardy, especially against Huddersfield where both of them & Iheanacho ran the game. Some goals conceded though have just been dumb as fuck and again, can't blame Puel for that. He does have his criticisms though - some players selected and subs made are confusing and odd to say the least. 

Best Player:

Kasper Schmeichel - As mentioned above, some players have conducted themselves superbly following the tragic accident, but Schmeichel moreso given his closer relationship to Vichai and his family. In addition to that, he was at the scene of the crash and would have seen some horrific images. He's got two clean sheets since then but before that I think he's done well anyway - he's probably one of the best keepers we've ever had at the club and is a great role model for any player who joins or comes through the ranks.

Hopes for Rest of the Season:

Slight chance of Europe if we start to get a bit more consistent and take advantage of momentum whenever we get a good result. Too often this season we've got a win and then not followed up with another. Even if we'd won a game or drawn a few that we'd lost, we'd be level with the 3 teams on 20 points and looking a bit more promising. We've got a tough December playing Watford, Tottenham, Man City, Chelsea. Then start and end of January sees trips to Merseyside, followed by games against Man Utd & Spurs again. Then ending the season finishes with Arsenal, Man City & Chelsea. Tough as fuck but all the more reason we need to pick up points against teams around us in the league or lower-half teams. And, as ever, I'd fucking love a good cup run which culminates in a final appearance at Wembley, preferably FA Cup.

• Subscriber

Best performance?

Cardiff 0-1 Leicester | Stan has beaten me to this one already. I think for overall performance, I'd probably say the 0-2 win at Newcastle was the most complete as we knocked the ball around very well without ever coming under threat. It was as comfortable a win as we had all season. However, given the circumstances of the situation, I think to go to Cardiff and win after what had just happened showed steel. There was every chance we could've totally blown that game but you really did get the feeling that we gave everything we could to get that win. It wasn't the prettiest, but we showed some real strength that day and for that, it pips it.

Worst performance?

Bournemouth 4-2 Leicester | Goals are goals, but our 2 consolations in the 88th and 89th minutes really do nothing but make this seem a lot less embarrassing than it truly was. It was a shame, because up until that point we had shown some positive in every game and some negative - so this was a bit of an acid test. Frankly, we were embarrassed by a better side, one that we have no excuse to be poorer than either.

This is one of the biggest talking points amongst our fans - not that that's anything out of the ordinary at any club. It's an ongoing debate amongst our fans with plenty rating him very highly, and plenty thinking he's useless, which leads me to sit on the fence a bit here and say average.

He had a very good start here, which was interesting because he came here with a reputation for playing a different style of football to what we've been modelled on for years. He's a possession football manager managing a club that has spent years playing more direct, counter-attacking football, so he's immediately come in here with an uphill battle. It all went a bit wrong last season though after the bookies made us comfortable favourites to finish 7th in the table, we came 9th after a very poor run towards the end and the manner of some of the games told me the sack was inevitable.

He didn't get the sack and has been given a backing in the window, although largely funded through the sale of Mahrez. We've spent around £100mil this summer, and I think given that, we could be doing better, even despite losing Mahrez. Our home form under Puel has been the major issue, and in my eyes the main reason he's not hugely popular as naturally we keep disappointing our home crowd. We really do struggle at home to weaker sides who come here and sit back. That's something he's failed to address.

He has lowered the average age of our side significantly, although I think with the exception of Chilwell, there haven't really been any significant improvements in the performance of them - this could still come though.

I think he's changed our style of play successfully, but I'm not convinced it needed changing as much as he has done. We needed to add strings to our bow for sure. I was fed up of going to places like Bournemouth and Swansea and barely managing 35% of the possession, but I do feel now we've gone too far the other way and have become, ironically, the absolute model side we'd have eaten up three years ago. When you put it like that, it's disappointing.

I think he's handled the last two weeks well, in-particular the Cardiff game, but I do think if he's going to keep his job here in the long-run he's going to have to sort that home form out, and he's going to have to pick up some wins soon because we've got a pretty bad run coming up. I think given the fixtures we've had, only three top six sides in our first twelve games, we're slightly under-performing and I think there's a good chance we drop to probably 13th/14th by Christmas.

We won't go down under Puel, but I'm yet to be convinced that he's anything other than a transitional manager so maybe he's what we need right now, but I do get the feeling others could get more from this squad.

Best player?

Ben Chilwell. I think he's been our most consistent player this season. His breakthrough into not only ours, but England's side has been the single biggest plus on Puel's reign as Leicester boss as he stuck with him throughout a lot of poor form last year. This year, he's really kicked on and taken his game to another level. There is still room for improvement, but if the last few months is anything to go by his ceiling is very high.

Shout-outs as well go to Nampalys Mendy and James Maddison. Mendy has been the surprise of our side this year, and for me has actually outperformed any of our other central midfielders. It's taken him two years, but he's finally looking like he's well worth a place in our squad. Maddison I think has been quiet since his England call up, but he started very brightly and I think it's just a phase - the talent is blatant and I expect him to be playing for England by the time the Euros hit.

On the flip side, keep it quiet, but Vardy's not having a good season, although he is actually still our top scorer, albeit joint.

Europa League or a decent cup run. It is absolutely sickening that we've ran into Manchester City in the quarter finals yet again if we progress to it in the League Cup - we've got an incredible record of going out of tournaments in the quarter finals, I expect this to be the third in a row, and the 12th quarter final in a row in all competitions I believe that we exit. I think Europa League is going to be out of our each for aforementioned reasons - home form just isn't anywhere near good enough and that'll cap us at around 10th I believe. Hopefully a good FA Cup run, but in truth I'm not expecting loads from this season, and it would be unfair to place high demands on a young squad that's just been through a tragic situation.

I think most of my hopes will be for progress of players - I want Maddison to really kick on because I know he's capable, and I want to see improvements from the likes of Demarai Gray, Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho over the season. There's no point banging on about a player's age if they aren't progressing, and those three, for me are behind where I hoped they'd be now.

Best performance?

Burnley 0-4

Worst performance?

0-1 win at BATE Borisov (should have easily lost)

Excellent, couldn't have done better in my opinion

Best player?

Hazard and Rudiger, Pedro a good shout too.

Remain in the top four, do well in the Cups

Best performance?

Genuinely cannot name one 

Worst performance?

Impossible to pick one out from the dross

Apart from signing shit players/weak characters, playing football that would make kids Sunday league fans moan and complain, throwing players under the bus, being unable to get the best out of his players, falling out with his players, being an embarrassment in the media and coming nowhere near winning the league he's doing alright.

Best player?

Michael Carrick 

That Citeh and Liverpool win fuck all (that's the best I can hope for)

Archived